Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Horses with fun names

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 12:24am
And the horse called "My Face" named by the owners just to hear the punters yell "come on My Face"
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 8:23am

There really are some super names that a lot of thought has gone into which is great to see these days - as X said, so many just take a word from sire/dam & run it together.

Another which has just sprung to mind is Shegotdabutcher LOL. A trainers husband named it after their divorce as she'd opted for the butcher in preference to him Clap.

There's also the Courtmarsh - Bowled Lillee family which many new owners chose to keep the theme going.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
birricannia View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birricannia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 2:23pm
You have to love Pane in the Glass (Nice horse too).
We named a Show a Heart filly "Show A Profit", might name the foal thats coming "Still Waiting".
Owners think they're trainers,trainers think they're jockeys and jockeys don't think
pixie View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 2:46pm
Mend My Shoe[Le Cordonnier/Toss and Turn]
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:58pm
We have a Carnegie gelding named Papas, he is out of On the Lam, & when Tony Mokbel was on the lam, he used the name Steven Papas.
pixie View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 5:55pm
My all time favorite,Richard Cranium.
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 11:12pm
Mi Preferido x Diana Ferrari. Prefer a Merc.
I always liked the name Tipsy McStagger, don't know what it's breeding was though.
And a few years ago there was a filly runnIng around Queensland by Al Jaasi. Her name was La Jaasi.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:49am
Diana Ferrari is a shoe not a car , so that's a bit off the mark prefer a thong would be better
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:50am
Very clever name Runtowin
misty View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 6:26am
We have an very ugly filly with a very long nose that I want to name Julia Gillard - but my husband says her bumb is not big enough 
birricannia View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birricannia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:13am
Clap That I like.
Owners think they're trainers,trainers think they're jockeys and jockeys don't think
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by misty misty wrote:

We have an very ugly filly with a very long nose that I want to name Julia Gillard - but my husband says her bumb is not big enough 
Sounds like the poor little love has enough problems without being saddled with that.
Long nose and ducks bum haha
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
lotto7 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotto7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 9:23am
Man walked into KFC and asked for the Julia Gillard meal deal. Two  large thighs, two small breasts and comes in a red box.LOLLOLLOL (Apologies in advance if anyone finds this offensive but just meant for a laugh).
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 10:15am
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:33pm
Hallo,
here in germany we have some horses with "silly names" running doen the tracks. Unfortunately the fun would be 'lost in Translation'

Here are some foreign language names: Some years a go a thoroughbred raced named "Fat Snail"!
Not a flattering name regarding his/her speed.

There was another horse named "Cent Vingt-deux", sound great in French, but in English the horse in question would have the name "Onehundred Twenty Two".

A very good racehorse and later sire name was "Epinard" (by Badajoz), in English his name is "Spinach".

Regards, Ticino
equinegal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equinegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 11:17am
Not sure about the meaning behind it, but I remember a horse called "Thong an Pushbike" which I found quite a hilarious name for a horse at the time.LOL

Some others I can remember off the top of my head:-

More Beer
Half Drunk
Pistol Knight
Sotally Tober

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:29pm
 schillie billy in the last at flemington - by artie schiller from typhoon billie, haha
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 1:04pm
One at Scone last week.
What A Party
by Sippin Bourbon ,  out of Knickers In A Knot.LOL
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 1:20pm
They enjoyed that naming party a tad too much.  Good find aa
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 1:31pm
Have to admit, Furious, I know the owner  Big smile
They raced 2 mares, Knickers In A Knot, and Richochet Romance, with a bit of success around the bush.  
They have had some fun naming the foals.LOL
animals before people.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:32pm
Some good names coming through by Foreplay
One that comes to mind recently is WHAT GIRLS WANT
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 12:32am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Have to admit, Furious, I know the owner  Big smile
They raced 2 mares, Knickers In A Knot, and Richochet Romance, with a bit of success around the bush.  
They have had some fun naming the foals.LOL

Can I just add ,   Knickers and Richochet , ( Buggered if I can spell it )  ,  were both by Jan Murray.
Us oldies,,Macca/Carioca/Furious and a couple of others will get the connection to Jan Murray and Knickers and Romance and all that ,,,, stuff on the desk Wink

animals before people.
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:09pm
2yo trialling on Monday trained by Gai

named

"Cock Match"

I can just imagine the boys in the crowd yelling 'C'mon Cock'. etc etc  I don't think this name will last very long before a name change happens.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:07pm

MONICA'S CIGAR

4yo Bay Mare
D.O.B: 25-Aug-2017
by DREAMSCAPE  from OVAL AFFAIR
View Pedigree Report
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:34pm
good one gaj
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 11:22pm
Zip (2016) by Kyllachy out of Flycatcher
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 11:37pm
Hello,
every year at the begin of the "racing season" our racing paper published reports about the trainers and they horses they train. Recently I came across a horse named "Freibier" (= Free Beer, yet unraced,
3 year old), so it fits in the following names:
More BeerWink
Half Drunk
Pistol Knight
Sotally Tober

regards, Ticino
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 4:14am
Smile
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2022 at 12:31am
I like Demaloot Demashoot. 
It sounds like a reporter asked a bystander what happened.
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 11:26pm
Hello,
here in my home country are 2 horses trained, which are even FB'S (2 + 3 year olds>), both are
unraced yet,
They are named "Niemand" (= Nobody) and "Niemals Nüchtern" (= Never  Sober) o/o Nelonca by
Big Shuffle from an old German Thoroughbred family.

regards, Ticino
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12