Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Here Is The News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 199>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Metalstech Limited (MTC)

Data FAQs for more information." data-toggle="popover" style="cursor: help; " data-original-title="" title=""> 20mins delayed

$0.096

2:13pm 20/11

+0.082 (585.71%)

Admittedly that was posted 4 and half years ago, they hit 49 cents in Feb 2023 but now done to 15.5 cents in April 2024. As Carioca said recently "you have to know when to hold them and know when to fold them "
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:20pm
Geez that bridge collapse in Baltimore was amazing to see.  Not so , tho, for those poor blokes on it. 
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:46pm
All immigrants by the sound of it AA , 1 Mexican , the rest further down the track to Honduras and so on , families shattered , life can be cruel , not forgetting the slaughter in the Middle East and Russia. Cry
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:44pm
Big plunge on a smokey in the Stawell Gift - $200 into $1.75 - but they pinged him for running dead before the handicaps were released - disqualified. Pell, forgot first name.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 2:56pm
  • In short: The Stawell Gift finals have been delayed following major storms in Western Victoria. 
  • The famous running race began in 1878 and has run in all but five years since. 
  • Whats next? Event organisers will wait for water to come off the running track before beginning the races.

A win for Olympian Peter Bol

Earlier in the afternoon, Olympian Peter Bol finished second to Riley Bryce in the invitational 1km handicapped challenge, after starting around 32 metres behind most of the field.

The race drew comparisons to Cathy Freeman's 1996 Stawell Gift win. 

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 5:33pm
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 5:33pm
OuchOuch
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 5:44pm

Network Ten has won an eleventh-hour bid to reopen its defence in Bruce Lehrmann’s defamation case after raising explosive allegations that the former federal Liberal staffer leaked confidential information to Seven including more than 2300 pages of texts between Brittany Higgins and her ex-boyfriend.

On Tuesday evening Federal Court Justice Michael Lee heard an urgent application by Ten to call fresh evidence in the defamation case from Taylor Auerbach, a former producer on Seven’s Spotlight program, less than 48 hours before the judgment was due to be delivered on Thursday morning.

Lee said there was an “intense public interest” in the case, and he would hear the evidence. A new judgment date has yet to be set.

Ten’s application was supported by Lisa Wilkinson, the former co-host of The Project who is being sued for defamation alongside her employer over an interview with Higgins broadcast on Ten’s flagship current affairs program on February 15, 2021.

The application was unsuccessfully opposed by Lehrmann.

Lee said the proposed fresh evidence did not go only to Lehrmann’s credibility in the defamation case.

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 6:26pm
[QUOTE=Second Chance]

Network Ten has won an eleventh-hour bid to reopen its defence in Bruce Lehrmann’s defamation case after raising explosive allegations that the former federal Liberal staffer leaked confidential information to Seven including more than 2300 pages of texts between Brittany Higgins and her ex-boyfriend.

On Tuesday evening Federal Court Justice Michael Lee heard an urgent application by Ten to call fresh evidence in the defamation case from Taylor Auerbach, a former producer on Seven’s Spotlight program, less than 48 hours before the judgment was due to be delivered on Thursday morning.

Lee said there was an “intense public interest” in the case, and he would hear the evidence. A new judgment date has yet to be set.

Ten’s application was supported by Lisa Wilkinson, the former co-host of The Project who is being sued for defamation alongside her employer over an interview with Higgins broadcast on Ten’s flagship current affairs program on February 15, 2021.

The application was unsuccessfully opposed by Lehrmann.

Lee said the proposed fresh evidence did not go only to Lehrmann’s credibility in the defamation case.

[/QUOTE
SC, nothing new there, from his prior comments Justice Lee has said he doubts the credibility of  BOTH Higgins and Lehrmann.TH Higgins and Lehrmann

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 6:33pm
Nothing new Bob?  Ermm Wacko

This clearly has the potential to affect the outcome of Bruce's defamation action.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

This clearly has the potential to affect the outcome of Bruce's defamation action.
Correct, potentially, not definitely.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 9:04pm
Sick of hearing about him.  And Brit too.  Wish they would crawl off somewhere so dont need to hear their names again.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 10:34pm
 Don't ever support the woman, AA. It would spoil your record.

Angry

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:12am

Are they deliberately provoking the workers ?

As business groups increase calls for wage restraint for Australia’s lowest paid workers, their voices turn largely silent when asked about their own executive pay plans.

Guardian Australia asked the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which has told the Fair Work Commission to limit any minimum pay increase to 2%, if it would adhere to the same wage restraint for its own chief executive.

ACCI declined to comment on the pay rate or increases planned for its chief executive, Andrew McKellar, who is one of the leading business voices calling for minimum wage restraint.

“​​ACCI won’t be responding,” a spokesperson said.

mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:13am
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Are they deliberately provoking the workers ?

As business groups increase calls for wage restraint for Australia’s lowest paid workers, their voices turn largely silent when asked about their own executive pay plans.

Guardian Australia asked the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which has told the Fair Work Commission to limit any minimum pay increase to 2%, if it would adhere to the same wage restraint for its own chief executive.

ACCI declined to comment on the pay rate or increases planned for its chief executive, Andrew McKellar, who is one of the leading business voices calling for minimum wage restraint.

“​​ACCI won’t be responding,” a spokesperson said.

Average pay of top bosses has increased from 17 times average earnings in early 90s to about 55 times now
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 10:27am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Don't ever support the woman, AA. It would spoil your record.

Angry

And you think by saying I dont support her I am anti women ??Stern Smile  Get a grip will ya.
I dont support him  either, so suppose I am anti men too. LOL
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 10:59am
How do you feel about Grace Tame?

Or Hillary Clinton?

Or Julia Gillard?

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Correct, potentially, not definitely.
Poor ol Brucey should be bricking it.

IF this documentation supports this guys assertions, Brucey is looking at much more than a slap on the wrist.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

How do you feel about Grace Tame?

Or Hillary Clinton?

Or Julia Gillard?

MMMMM,,,50/50 .  Big smile  If I comment on any of them you will brand me anti women . LOL
How do you feel about the new G G ?? Wink
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 11:21pm
 It is non-issue. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 11:26am
Just curious.  How can you accept a position to be a representative of the crown if you are an anti monarchist ?  Seems a bit 2 faced to me.
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 12:06pm
The ALP heavyweights actually hate the Monarchy

That's why she got the job Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 12:08pm
What do you have to do to get a bite in this place LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 3:18pm
 Start the barbecue...

Or wrestle an alligator...

Evil Smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Just curious.  How can you accept a position to be a representative of the crown if you are an anti monarchist ?  Seems a bit 2 faced to me.

I am anti-monarchy, but if they offered me the G-G position, I could rationalise it as being for the good of Australia. 

Who really cares? Hurley did a few suss things while in office. She couldn't be any worse. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 11:46pm
 I am anti-monarchy, but if they offered me the G-G position, I could rationalise it as being for the good of Australia. 

So you would take all the freebies on offer,,,,swan around at all the official events,,,,look important and official,, and how would that be for the good of Australia  ?? 
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:34am
 No. I would ensure no imbecile took up five extra portfolios and made a fool of the electorate. 

Evil Smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:36am
 But living in Canberra would be a bore...apart from easy access to Jamala.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 10:58am
Am off to Jamala in about 6 weeks. 
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 11:16am
 We went there for my birthday, about a month after it first opened. The food was superb. 

We had the room which led to the white lion night cave. Spent hours watching them...Jake and Mishka.

Then I accidentally got locked out of the room, at two in the morning...so I happily sat on a couch on the balcony and listened to the animals prowling around.  

Memorable. Have been trying to get back again, but something always gets in the way of doing it.

Which room have you booked?

Thumbs Up      
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 199>