Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Here Is The News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 194>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 9:25pm
They should have sent in Sam Neil and that fat Kiwi kid.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 9:29pm
John Benet has got nothing in this ??
Refer ALP Election Promises
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 9:49pm
What about the derelict shed/hut type thing a few miles down the road, with lots of kid,s toys in it ?
Where did the Dad get the $$$ to keep a private helicopter in the air for 2 days ???
Tell me dogs wouldnt find that kid 500 mtrs from where he went missing ?
The whole thing is screwey.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 9:50pm
Not forgetting the white ute taken away for forensics.
Big drug bust coming up ???
animals before people.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 10:30pm
I can’t think of any logical explanation AA. The family have only been living there for 3 months . They came from south western Sydney originally. The owner of the property is one of the anti vaccine types and runs a pretty vocal online group. . The whole story just sounds suss to me but I truely hope I’m wrong!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Ok so the poor kid got kidnapped and dumped in a forest? Is that the idea? Either way, glad he's ok.

we speculated about that scenario...that someone took him and then panicked and released him in the bush...but surely that person would have been noticed releasing him.

then again, it does seem fishy that he didn't freeze to death.

the authorities came out and said they think he really was out there the whole time. Three days nappy rash and all the bites and scratches...

being non-verbal, he can't tell them...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 11:08pm
 he's not the first autistic child to survive extreme elements. There were two, last year. But he is the youngest.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 11:10pm
You're the oldest.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 11:46pm
I personally know a lady who's 'spoken' to non verbals, adults & children but all the reputable ones abide by a code of ethics, foremost being permission from the parents. Fat chance of getting it from them, I'm guessing, even if there was an offer made.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 12:31am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

You're the oldest.

heaven knows why you think that's funny...

Wacko
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 12:47am
The oldest what ???  Confused
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 12:47am
I don't think it's funny.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:30am
then why put a laughing emoji next to it?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:31am
Hmmmm, whats going on ??  
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:33am
 don't ask me? Stayer seemed to be accusing me of being autistic...and old...

at least, that's how it read...

Confused
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:35am
 I think he needs to go to bed...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:35am
JJ's just kookoo as usual, AA.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:39am
 hmmm...I think we know who the Cuculus canoris is...

Geek

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 2:43pm
Any further news on this of the lost child ? 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 2:53pm

A volunteer who helped in the search for little Anthony 'AJ' Elfalak has tested positive to Covid.

Anybody who has been at the Yengo Drive property in Putty, 150km northwest of Sydney, has been urged to get tested for the virus.

The volunteer is reportedly based at a monastery a street away from the home and has helped family, fr

Many of AJ's loved ones had earlier claimed they lived at the Putty address and had not travelled from Covid hotspots in Sydney.

The Elfalak family only moved into the home permanently three months ago, reportedly to escape Covid.

AJ's godfather Alan Hashem, who served as a spokesman for the family when the toddler disappeared, is the founder of anti-vaccine movement 'Our Voices Matter'.

animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 3:19pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 3:35pm
 they showed film of the boy, sleeping, and interviews with mother, uncle and others, this morning.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:28pm
What a great example of Sheeple - Wash. Post LOL LOL LOL

DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE: UNRECOGNIZED KILLER

By James K. Glassman

The chemical compound dihydrogen monoxide (or DHMO) has been implicated in the deaths of thousands of Americans every year, mainly through accidental ingestion. In gaseous form, it can cause severe burns. And, according to a new report, "the dangers of this chemical do not end there."

The chemical is so caustic that it "accelerates the corrosion and rusting of many metals, . . . is a major component of acid rain, {and} . . . has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients." Symptoms of ingestion include "excessive sweating and urination," and "for those who have developed a dependency on DHMO, complete withdrawal means certain death."

Yet the presence of the chemical has been confirmed in every river, stream, lake and reservoir in America.

Judging from these facts, do you think dihydrogen monoxide should be banned?

Seems like an open-and-shut case -- until you realize that this chemical compound is plain old water (two hydrogen molecules bonded to one oxygen, or H 2 O, which can drown you, scald you or make you go to the bathroom.

Last spring, Nathan Zohner, an enterprising 14-year-old student at Eagle Rock Junior High School in Idaho Falls, Idaho, conducted his science fair project on just this theme. Nathan distributed a tongue-in-cheek report that had been kicking around the Internet, "Dihydrogen Monoxide: The Unrecognized Killer" (from which the quotes above are drawn), to 50 of his classmates.

These are smart kids who had studied chemistry; many of them, like Nathan, have parents who work at the nearby Idaho Nuclear Engineering and Environmental Laboratory. Nathan simply asked them to read the report (which is completely factual) and decide what, if anything to do about the chemical. They could even ask the teacher what DHMO was, but none did.

In the end, 43 students, or 86 percent of the sample, "voted to ban dihydrogen monoxide because it has caused too many deaths," wrote Nathan in the conclusion to his project, adding that he "was appalled that my peers were so easily misled. . . . I don't feel comfortable with the current level of understanding."

Me neither, and it's not just kids I worry about. Nathan's project, which won the grand prize at the Greater Idaho Falls Science Fair, was titled, "How Gullible Are We?" But ninth-graders aren't the only gullible parties. I'm sure that, if Nathan tried the same experiment on adults, he'd find at least as many would want to ban DHMO.

Says David Murray, research director of the non-profit Statistical Assessment Service in Washington, "The likelihood is high that I could replicate these results with a survey of members of Congress."

Murray, whose organization "looks out for misleading science that's driving public policy over a cliff," ran across the Zohner story a few months ago on the Internet. But he writes, "we thought it sounded like an urban myth -- too pat, too neat." He discovered from local press reports that it was indeed true. I confirmed it too, after talking earlier this week with Nathan's mom, Marivene, who says that Nathan wants to be "a scientist in the nuclear field," like his dad.

The implications of Nathan's research are so disturbing that I've decided to coin a term: "Zohnerism," defined as the use of a true fact to lead a scientifically and mathematically ignorant public to a false conclusion.

Environmental hysterics -- Vice President Al Gore springs to mind -- and ideologues in such fields as race, women's issues and economics are adept at using Zohnerisms, with help from the media, to advance their agendas. A few examples:

The breast-implant mania. Dow Corning was driven into bankruptcy through lawsuits over its silicone implants -- even though science doesn't support claims that they're dangerous. Marcia Angell, executive editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, cites the problem jurors "have in thinking in terms of probabilities, or in acknowledging the possibility of coincidence."

Research, she says, has consistently failed to find a link between silicone and disease. Yes, women who have implants get sick, but, in a typical study, "the implant group was no more likely to develop connective tissue disease than the group without implants."

White flight. In the headline above an article Sunday about population growth in rural areas, the New York Times claimed, "Hint of Racial Undercurrents Is Behind Broad Exodus of Whites." Steven A. Holmes, the reporter, wrote that studies by demographer William Frey "show that of the 40 fastest-growing rural counties, virtually all are at least 70 percent white."

Shocking? Well, according to the Bureau of the Census, 83 percent of the U.S. population is white.

Finding Zohnerisms in the press, Congressional Record and speeches of administration officials makes a great parlor game. One place to start is the collected speeches of EPA chief Carol Browner, who has used Zohnerisms masterfully to promote expensive, disruptive new standards for particulate matter and global warming -- despite evidence from scientists that is, at best, inconclusive.

That's a shame. In a land where technical ignorance reigns and susceptibility to Zohnerisms is high, it's the duty of politicians, journalists and scientists to present facts responsibly and in context.

After all, think what would happen if the EPA really did ban dihydrogen monoxide. The writer is a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
"lawsuits over its silicone implants -- even though science doesn't support claims that they're dangerous"

Bullsh1t.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:53pm
Although, after review I have learned that the risks are less than advertised. And Dow Corning is still the largest silicone product producer in the world.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:07pm
 that was very good, Gay.

Clap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:23pm

'Parent's worst nightmare' jailed 12 years

A man who committed a "parent's worst nightmare" when he abducted a 12-year-old girl from a Sydney park, then drugged and raped her has been jailed for at least nine years.

Brett John Callaghan, 39, pleaded guilty to a series of charges, including two aggravated counts of having sexual intercourse with a child and supplying a prohibited drug to a child.

He claimed he was emotionally damaged by not achieving his dream of becoming an Olympian...

Can these bast-ards think up anything else bizarre to justify their deviant crimes?

He's lucky I wasn't the judge. Twelve years, for raping a child, is disgustingly too little.

I hope he gets a taste of his own medicine while in incarceration.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:29pm
The sentence certainly appears very much on the light side.

ps tried my absolute best in sporting endeavour and did quite well, if falling rather short of top class. For some strange reason that didn't impel me to rape children.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:36pm
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:47pm
The article clearly establishes the relationship AA.

Sadly the list of jockeys whose careers and indeed lives have been ruined as a consequence of substance abuse is an rather long and tragic one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 194>