Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Here Is The News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 196>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:26pm
Yes, SC.  I just didnt bother reading that far.  I got half way thru his sob story/excuses and gave it the flick.  Thumbs Down
animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The article clearly establishes the relationship AA.

Sadly the list of jockeys whose careers and indeed lives have been ruined as a consequence of substance abuse is an rather long and tragic one.
Jockeys ? I imagine there is a list of accountants, plumbers, electricians, lawyers, window cleaners, or whatever occupation that have similarly ruined their lives by substance abuse, only that they are not in the public eye like sportspeople and sadly,  unless you personally know of them, you are unaware of  their tragic circumstances.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 4:51pm

The mother of 16-year-old Jason Gallaghan has made an emotional outpouring of grief to the community following the death of her son.

Jason was found unresponsive with injuries to his head and chest at a home on Perigee Close in Western Sydney Suburbs of Dunside, on August 4.

He was taken to Westmead Hospital, where he later died.

Injuries were found to Jason Gallaghan’s head and chest. (NSW Police)

So far, police have charged seven people – six teenagers and a 29-year-old – over their alleged role in Jason’s death. They live before the courts.

Today, police released CCTV footage showing two young men walking into the home in Perigee Close, at the time Jason was attacked.

Police have released CCTV footage showing two youths who may have important information related to Jason’s death. (NSW Police)

Jason’s mother, Rachel Gallaghan, addressed the media in Parramatta this morning, thanking the community for their support and urging anyone with the information to come forward. 

Ms Gallaghan said she is still having trouble believing that her son is dead.

“It’s still something I can’t believe, I’m still coming to terms with the fact that I’ll never see my precious son Jason again, and that his life was taken at age 16.” was,” Ms. Gallaghan said.

“Jason was a kind man with a happy soul; he was loving and generous and helpful to his sisters and his family and friends.

“It’s so devastating and heartbreaking that his future has been taken away from him.”

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:01pm
 I was interested in this story because this kid used to come to visit his grandmother, who lived across the street from me.

He was continually up to mischief, with a friend who came with him. He'd steal bikes, terrorise old people at the bus stop, and misbehave on buses. I once had an encounter with him and his mate, where they tried to pour a can of coke over my head. If you tried to talk reasonably to him, he'd nod as if he was agreeing with you, then the moment your back was turned, he'd try something else. 

I said to my daughter that one day he'd end up in jail. No doubt. He didn't seem to have a conscience.  

Then I saw he'd been killed. His mother says he was a good kid. I think a few people who were on the end of his sadistic behaviour, wouldn't agree. 

16 years old. A waste of life because no-one reined him in.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:47pm

Alec Baldwin fires prop gun killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on set of latest film

Movie star Actor Alec Baldwin has fired a prop gun on a movie set in New Mexico, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza, authorities said.

Key points:

• Rust's director of photography, Halyna Hutchins died after being airlifted to hospital and director Joel Souza is being treated at a medical centre for his injuries
  • The Santa Fe New Mexican reported Baldwin was seen Thursday outside the sheriff's office in tears
  • Detectives are investigating how and what type of projectile was discharged on set 

The incident occurred on the set of the independent feature film, Rust, the Santa Fe County Sheriff's office said in a statement.

"The sheriff's office confirms that two individuals were shot on the set of Rust," police said in the statement.

"Halyna Hutchins, 42, director of photography, and Joel Souza, 48, director, were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer, and actor."

Hutchins died after being airlifted to hospital and Souza is being treated at a medical centre for injuries sustained in the incident.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-22/shooting-alec-baldwin-on-set-new-mexico-prop-gun/100560672

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 12:09pm
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 2:45pm
 Two children dead in a preventable accident. It's happened before, a jumping castle going air-born. Do they really think a few pegs will anchor these things in the wind?

Two children die, several others critically injured after jumping castle blown into air at Tasmanian school

Several children fell from a height of about 10 metres, causing serious injuries, when wind blew the jumping castle into the air at Hillcrest Primary School in Devonport, in the state's north-west.

"A wind event caused a jumping castle to lift into the air," Tasmanian police said in a statement.

"Several children fell from a height of about 10 metres around 10am and are currently receiving medical treatment at the scene as well as in hospitals.

Speaking at the school this afternoon, Commander Debbie Williams described the scene as "distressing".

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 2:55pm
Horrible horrifying news. 
reductio ad absurdum
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 2:59pm
Just terrible stuff. Saw a pic of two cops sitting on the grass just looking absolutely devastated 
Time is a flat circle
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 3:18pm
my wife works around 5kms from the school.  she just rang me in tears . it's impossible to understand how the parents must be feeling. already given my 11 year old daughter a big hug
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 3:23pm
 it's not just the potential for wind to make it air-born.

It's also the manner of play on the castles. Kids go bouncing off the walls, cannoning into each other. They do tumbles into the pleats, with their necks in awkward positions. 

They are accidents in waiting.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 3:35pm
reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 3:46pm
Police, Paramedics, nurses, doctors.  THey are a different breed.  So many burn out because of accidents happening on the road or like this.  Report one child has died,  Such a horrid thing to happen.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 4:37pm
Up to four deaths now and more critical.  THose poor families.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:56pm
Death toll is now 5.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:57pm
F*ck. Man, that's so sad
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:59pm
 Sh*t. Just pitiful.

It was so preventable.

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 8:51pm
Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 10:01pm
Terrible, and yes, so preventable.  Its just beyond belief this can happen.  Accidents yes, but this is no accident.  Someone has not done their job right.
5 kids !  OMG. 
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 10:26pm
Cannot fathom how the community must be feeling, just shattering, even worse at this time of year.
Absolutely devastating.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 8:54am
They have a history of taking off in sudden gusts of high wind.

What was the forecast that day?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 9:02am
Refer ALP Election Promises
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 9:36am
How do these things work in terms of being secured? Aren’t they tied down with ropes and/or pegged into the ground? I don’t really understand how one could fly up into the air in a strong breeze. And if that is a possibility isn’t it common sense to stop operating on those conditions?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 9:44am
 they said it was a calm day but there was suddenly a strong gust of wind.

The point is: it should have been secured properly in case of such a thing happening.

This is not the first instance of jumping castles taking off. 

About time they banned them.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 10:51am
There would would be a huge amount of uplift in a high wind. Basically a giant windsock.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:26am
The BOM stated yesterday that local wind gust recordings only showed gusts of about 20km/h at the time of the event. Must have been a freak swirl of wind in just the right direction to get under the thing and pick it up. But it does make you question how securely anchored it can have been.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:25pm
 I wonder if the kids in the zorb balls are the ones still alive?

You would think that would cushion the fall to an extent.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 3:37pm
Unfortunately a 6th child has passed away
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 4:15pm
 that was virtually reported, yesterday, when the boy's mother told reporters there was little chance of her son surviving. 

I assumed he was on life-support. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 1:00pm
Just blows my  mind that this could happen..And even worse, at a Sat Market this weekend,  quite a large one with heaps of people, on a foreshore.  What did they have blowing about in the breeze ?  A bloody jumping catsle, and people were letting their kids go on it.  Angry   I could not believe my eyes. 
Its all too much for me to think about.  The families of these children , I can not bear to think about them. Almost cry every time I think about it.

animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 196>