Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Here Is The News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 188>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm
 or no...
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I can only think of one tall woman tennis champion that moved well - Venus. Davenport was a tall woman champion but she was a bit of an ocean liner as far as mobility goes.

yet, they won tons of titles...mobility or not. 

height has an advantage in other ways...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

And the reason i hate that sort of comment is because i copped it as a kid. I was an early maturing type - big & fast as a 12 year old. You know - one of those kids  - around in all junior sports. I literally used to stand on the goal line as an outside back & wait for the wingers to catch up so they got to score a few tries. Used to cop so much abuse from the side-line - & i mean abuse. So yes i was bigger & faster - what did they want me to do ? Now as is the case with many like me - i kept growing but didn't get much faster. So the others caught up & then i used to get similar again from the sideline taking cheap shots for not having a go - when in fact i was trying. That sort of comment usually comes from small people as a rule - just saying !

In some sports, being big or gangly is a disadvantage...not in tennis...

that is the bottom line...

I cant think of too many - unless you also have poor reflexes & slow moving.

so...you just contradicted everything you argued...and agreed with me?

Confused
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:25pm

I can only think of one tall woman tennis champion that moved well - Venus. Davenport was a tall woman champion but she was a bit of an ocean liner as far as mobility goes.

Steffi Graf was pretty fluent, as was Virginia Wade. And Evonne. All tall. 

Davenport...LOL. Her actual nickname was 'pudding-face'.  She 'berthed' a few tinnies after retiring. 

Embarrassed
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:32pm
Ha - not at all. You take a cheap shot at Barty's opponent saying she should have won because she was physically bigger. That logic is just wrong - & quite frankly naïve . If it was as easy as that their would be no need to play the game - just measure them up beforehand. Different players use different natural attributes - Barty uses speed / agility primarily. Maybe if you reinforced that instead of bagging the other bird i would agree.
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:41pm
I believe speed / agility is almost as much a genetic gift as height / size. Why do people see it otherwise ? Try taking someone who is a slow runner into someone who is a fast runner once they mature. No chance. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:46pm
& lets face it - its all about genetics anyway ;

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:47pm

Ha - not at all. You take a cheap shot at Barty's opponent saying she should have won because she was physically bigger. That logic is just wrong - & quite frankly naïve . If it was as easy as that their would be no need to play the game - just measure them up beforehand. Different players use different natural attributes - Barty uses speed / agility primarily. Maybe if you reinforced that instead of bagging the other bird i would agree.

the only 'bag' I posted was: with her extra experience, height-reach advantage and crowd support, her performance was relatively poor and not worthy of a Wimbledon champion.

Barty had everything against her, in many ways...but triumphed.

you love being contrary, oneone...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:50pm

I've seen 7 foot NBA players with better movement and agility than Pliskova.

It would have been an insult to Wimbledon if Pliskova had won, on that performance.

She had every advantage, being six foot tall, with Inspector Gadget arms, but there were shots of amateurism in between the good ones. The nervous start didn't help, but she had the crowd behind her to bring up adrenaline, whereas Ash had to bulldog her way to the win...with a performance containing two of the best shots seen for a good while.

It wasn't gold standard...either the match or even Ash's performance, but it was absorbing.

Clap

Ummm - that's what you said JJ  LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:52pm

I believe speed / agility is almost as much a genetic gift as height / size. Why do people see it otherwise ? Try taking someone who is a slow runner into someone who is a fast runner once they mature. No chance. 

I never said speed and agility was not good. I just re-inforced that in tennis, height and reach is a bigger advantage. 

The three men mountains are all tall and have incredible reach. Where are the McEnroes, these days?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:53pm
& she hardly had every advantage. Barty was $1.30 going in - so she had something going for her. Probably speed & agility 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:54pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:54pm

I've seen 7 foot NBA players with better movement and agility than Pliskova.

It would have been an insult to Wimbledon if Pliskova had won, on that performance.

She had every advantage, being six foot tall, with Inspector Gadget arms, but there were shots of amateurism in between the good ones. The nervous start didn't help, but she had the crowd behind her to bring up adrenaline, whereas Ash had to bulldog her way to the win...with a performance containing two of the best shots seen for a good while.

It wasn't gold standard...either the match or even Ash's performance, but it was absorbing.

Clap

Ummm - that's what you said JJ  LOL

yes...and I just re-enforced what I said. You are just argumentative, oneone.

Angry
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Evonne has shrunk with age...and Barty is obviously wearing heels. What a lovely photo, though...

Heart

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:59pm
None of these champions are excessively tall - Serens Williams 175cm, Dokovic 188cm , Rafa 185 cm, Federer 185 cm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 2:03pm
Evonne has shrunk a lot. Shocked
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Evonne has shrunk a lot. Shocked

cortisone? Has she been ill?

Evonne is Latrell's great aunt, by the by..

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 2:18pm
Yes we know, but Latrell and his family changed their name. Families eh?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 3:28pm

Steffi Graf was pretty fluent, as was Virginia Wade. And Evonne. All tall. 

Davenport...LOL. Her actual nickname was 'pudding-face'.  She 'berthed' a few tinnies after retiring. 

Embarrassed
For the record Barty , Goolagong & Wade were all pretty well the same height - 5ft 5inches to 5ft 6inches. Easy to be dismissive of facts
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 4:17pm
I must admit i didn't realise what a great record Evonne has - 7 singles Majors including 2 Wimbledon & 1 French. And impressive longevity as well. A genuine champion
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 5:48pm

A Brisbane man with no formal medical qualifications who filmed himself performing "backyard" consensual castration surgeries on two men has been handed a suspended sentence and will be released from jail on probation.

Ryan Andrew King, 28, pleaded guilty to two counts of malicious act with intent in the District Court in Brisbane this morning, after admitting to carrying out genital-removal procedures on the men at different times in 2019 and 2020.

The court was told King met the men, a 26-year-old from New South Wales and a 66-year-old from Victoria, on a eunuch-interest website, and the two surgeries occurred at a motel in Logan and a hostel in Brisbane.

It was also told King came to the attention of police after the second man suffered complications and needed hospital treatment.

When emergency services were called to the hostel in the CBD, King admitted he had performed the surgery, but told police he did not believe he had broken the law, the court heard.

The court heard police then searched King's home and discovered the genitalia of the older man inside his freezer.

animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 5:51pm
"Suffered complications"?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 5:52pm
Love it LOL
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 5:55pm
And a "suspended sentence"? Get that man in a cell ASAP!
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 5:55pm
I have heard of frozen meat balls, heated up and eaten with tomato sauce ,but not frozen testicles.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 5:59pm

Here is a bit more.  Who fancies being a gelding hey WackoLOL

When sentencing him, Judge Richard Jones said he accepted King had "expressed regret" for his offending.

"You were clearly not authorised or qualified to do what you did," he said.

"Your plea shows your level of remorse, and no doubt [the] level of shame you feel in respect of what you have done."

Judge Jones told the court the two men involved had provided "positive" victim impact statements, with one saying the procedure had been a "great benefit to his health and wellbeing".

Judge Jones read victim impact statements to the court. 

"I am eternally grateful to Ryan for enabling me to enjoy life," he read.

Judge Jones said the younger man had wanted all of his sexual organs removed ever since he was a child because he "wanted to be a eunuch".

King was given a three-and-a-half-year jail sentence, but was released immediately after serving 355 days in pre-sentence custody.

He will be subject to reporting conditions under a probation order for three years.

animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 6:09pm
Well there you go. Good decision by the judge I reckon. The psycho surgeon helped his first patient to be a happy eunuch, which he'd wanted to be since a child.

To be fair, there were a few moments in my 20s that I wished I was a eunuch. It would have saved a lot of trouble.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 6:19pm
We had a bloke worked with us back in the day, on a waiting list for a vasectomy, and getting "rather cross " about the whole thing, including the cost, so we suggested we could help him out with 2 bricks banged together.  He declined the offer tho Shocked
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 6:43pm
Castration methods are generally divided into two categories: surgical or bloodless. Surgical castration involves excision of the testes by splitting or removing the lower third of the scrotum and removing the testes by severing the spermatic cord in a manner that minimizes bleeding, usually with an emasculator (Figure 1), Henderson castrating tool, or knife. Bloodless castration is generally accomplished by using an emasculatome (i.e., burdizzo; Figure 2) or elastic band. When using an emasculatome, the scrotum remains intact while the spermatic cord of each testicle (within the scrotum) is placed in the jaws of the tool and crushed. The resulting damage causes a loss of blood flow to the testes and eventual testicular atrophy within the scrotum. Banding involves using an elastrator (Figure 3) to place a heavy elastic band around the neck of the scrotum with both testes inside. The band cuts off blood flow to the testes and scrotum, which atrophy over a short period of time and slough off. This guide summarizes research comparisons of methods of castration and age at which castration is performed so that managers can make informed decisions about castration method and timing.

I'd go for the rubber band method.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 6:43pm
He may have been conned into a weight loss programme .LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 188>