Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

HEALTH TRICKS & FACTS - Event Date: 24 Feb 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 9:01pm
You’re right Macca, that performance was just not good enough. The medical profession is one area where you can’t just ‘fob off‘ your mistakes. That reading should have set off alarm bells in any competent professional. Scary stuff ??
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 9:28pm
I was furious , as I questioned it immediately and my son said he's a Speialist and should know what he's doing . ( No surprise )
Two doses later I had a very sick man on my hands.
Rule i in Nursing is you don't play Doctor ---- Observe , suggest , and learn , but the job is to be "Their right arm " so to speak .   That is how it should be , but you do expect more from them.
This seeing someone every 10 minutes is just not on. IMHO.
They have to have a charge to deter the never ending numbers of bulk billed Pensioners clogging up the waiting rooms.

Gay3 .. I've tried several about getting cataracts removed .. all much the same ... My Doctor said the wait in Qld is endless.

The 5000 quoted , does seem excessive.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 12:25am
Summary: Millions of people know that nasal airway blocking has very serious social and health consequences. Approximately one out of two men and one out of four women are in distress while sleeping. Fortunately, a revolutionary Maccamax invention called Cardboard roll,    is now available free ( just roll a strip of cardboard around a pen, to fit into the lower nasal airway )                                                                  
Cardboard Roll , gently widens the nostrils to reduce respiratory resistance in the nose; in other words, air can flow better into the lungs through the nose. As soon as the body registers that nasal breathing is working without restriction again, it unconsciously switches to (much healthier) nasal breathing. In contrast to things like chinstraps,---------- Cardboard does not disturb you while you sleep.

A normal and healthy sleep cycle should include at least 25% at deep sleep, by relieving air ways restriction effectively, stop disturbing your sleep Pattern immediately, and guarantee your body rest and regenerate well
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 12:33am
A squirt of Adult OTRIVIN Menthol (xylometzzoline1mg=1ml) over the counter nasal spray on retiring, prior to inserting the nasal cardboard roll = works wonders .
Cures snoring in many cases.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 12:40am
Seen those external nasal strips, macca, I think called "Breath Right" ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 12:47am
Several types about . most don't work ... My cheapie , I've used for many years .. really need that air way.

I was joking when I said maccamax invention as I plagiarised an add.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 4:07pm
Those external nasal strips ?  Are they like the ones they use on horses ?
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 6:32pm
I don't know AA.      I know the ones I use , I make them myself .
Really work ..   Just a strip off the cardboard box the nasal spray comes in about 2 or so inches long , about !/2 inch wide when you fold it to double the thickness , Then wind it around a pen/pencil to make a circular item to insert gently into the nose.     You soon work out a comfortable size to suit and away you go to dreamland = freely breathing.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Those external nasal strips ?  Are they like the ones they use on horses ?

Could be, I think.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 12:56pm
Brilliant Macca! Can you please post us a pic? ??
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:37pm
I don't know how to post pictures Dot.   I can't work these modern gadgets.
The only way I'm able to survive on line is my 2 Qld sons are IT men.

I need them often.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
In case this is helpful to anyone, from a personal friend on FB.

Holy Ł&#@!!!!!!!!!!
For those who don't know I was diagnosed with autoimmune thyroid condition Hashimoto's in January 2020, with the start of Hypothyroidism. This follows other autoimmune conditions Raynaud's and Psoriasis. And long term gut issues.
I completely changed my diet and lifestyle to cut out all the known "bad" things (caffeine, alcohol, sugar, gluten, refined sugar, etc) and 8 months later.. my thyroid was worse. ??
4 months ago I switched to the carnivore diet. I now only eat organic meat or wild caught fish, and salt. (With the very occasional treat of chocolate or alcohol.. and I've continued with cocoa in hot water.)
It's fair to say my family, friends, and doctor were very nervous about me just eating meat..... ??
But...... drum roll...... Just got my bloods back and I'm now in NORMAL ranges for everything!!!! Arrrrrrgh!!!!!
I can't believe it!!!! My autoantibodies have gone from 1300+ to 103. In 4 months!! ??????
My cholesterol is fine, my iodine is fine, my electrolytes are fine, everything is fine!! ??????
I've still got a long way to go. I can try to wean off the thyroid meds now hopefully as my thyroid heals. And continue to heal my gut. But yep. I can't believe it!! Happy dance! ??????
Thank you to
Tim
for being my biggest supporter. He has gone along with every change himself and supported everything I've wanted to try. ????????
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:40am
I do Keto/Carnivore It is fantastic.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:02pm
Amazing.
What will the PC crowd think of that?
Says a lot of our forebears who lived long lives on dripping and meat, for example, oh and hard physical work.
When you look around there really are just so many FAT people.
Why is that? 
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 3:25pm
My better half went on this, though rushed in at the deep end before he bought the book!
I kind of followed it and lost weight rapidly.
I don't believe its for everyone but understand it can cure ills, but don't think it would be healthy to be on it permanently.
Anyways MBH became ill from not gradually adapting to the diet and went back to Keto.
We have a copy of the book if anyone is interested, not even flicked through!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 4:55pm
   In response to gay

A good read.   Thyroid should NOT be messed about with .

edited to remove the mess

Edited by horlicks - 26 Apr 2021 at 4:58pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 4:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234