Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Handicapping Anomoly?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Handicapping Anomoly?
    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 8:53pm
Going through the form of the Bm 65 1800m at the Gold Coast this Saturday, after noms came out (I do have a runner in the race) 

I came across runners URBINO and CHARMED PRINCESS, handy form but with NSW ratings to match. I thought they’d probably get weighted out of it, knowing that country NSW ratings are usually a minimum of a couple of points less than what their QLD rating will be. 

URBINO rated 67 before his last win at Grafton (fair assumption would now be 71) and CHARMED PRINCESS rated 70. Under normal circumstances you could predict their ratings to be around 72-74 in QLD. Then weights are released and I’m slightly surprised to see CHARMED PRINCESS hold her rating of 70, not too shocked though. Get down to URBINO and can’t believe he’s been rated 64??? I’m hoping I’ve missed something and someone might be able to correct me. 

The same race sees DASH FOR VAN come north of the border with a NSW rating of 59 and gets a QLD rating of 63???

That’ll do me, please someone shed some light?

URBINO 71*nsw - 64qld
CHARMED PRINCESS 70nsw - 70qld
DASH FOR VAN 59nsw - 63qld

Edited by Gay3 - 18 Nov 2020 at 8:31am
But this old marvel, Takeover Target. His off and gone at the hundred!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:33pm
Don’t moan.
Get on!
sween View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:50pm
That didn’t help.
But this old marvel, Takeover Target. His off and gone at the hundred!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 8:33am
Take it up with the handicapper, ours in Vic. is/are always happy to explain, especially as you're an owner.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply