Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Group 1 Doncaster Mile 1600m

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:19pm
On her first ride in the race?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:40pm
Before today 1 winner from 8 rides in NSW
Winner was on Midterm in the Manion Cup in 2019
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:55pm
Thanks Shawy.  
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:23am
Well done Jamie Kah, thoroughly deserved but let's not miss the amazing ride on Mugatoo by Bowman. Very disappointing just didn't accelerate. Perhaps looking for more ground? 
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:55pm
How'd you be owning Icebath. Beaten a nose in two huge money races. Should've won the Golden Eagle and now this. Still earned over $2,000,000 from running second.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:58pm
Was Kah saying that Cascadian turns it up once he gets his nose in front?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 6:20pm
I think what she was saying T, was that you have to time his finishing effort just right, because he, and she is correct here, only has about a 2 or 300 meter finish, and if you push the trigger to early then his opposition can kick and beat him.

Not sure where he is going but that Zaaki was an outstanding run first up in the race. 

I thought Mugatoo had every hope. Avilius was a good run, but MacDonald jumped well and then was pushed back about three or four lengths from where he could have settled. I think we saw Forbidden Love is a 1400m horse and she will have plenty of opportunities at that distance such as Rupert Clarke, Stradbroke and CFOrr and Futurity among others.  

I think the All Star Mile took a lot out of the runners as some horses like Star Of The Seas and Shout The Bar have not recovered.

Icebath was not unlucky, but she again found one better than her and she looks an ideal type to freshen and target the Stradbroke and Tatts Tiara. 

And old matey Dalasan. I thought when he burst through with Icebath it would be his day, but alas I realised it was Dalasan. He is obviously a good miler and so the spring should be a P.B.Lawrence, into the Makybe Diva, into the Underwood, into the Toorak and then the Cantala and if his form warrants a shot at the Mackinnon.

All in all a good race and plenty to follow out of it!  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 6:30pm
Pretty accurate response and analysis I'd have thought Voyager.

Thought most horses had their chance, and the only one I thought unfortunate, but not really unlucky, was Avilius.

And thought there was a race for last year's winner Nettoyer, if appropriately placed.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:21pm
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

....And thought there was a race for last year's winner Nettoyer, if appropriately placed.  

No I didn't back her.  And to make it worse went off her at the very last moment in the 2021 Autumn Roughies comp.  Angry Unhappy Clown

ps in case you missed it, not real happy.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:23pm
Sorry SC, but at least you know your eye is good and you can have confidence in your runs of the days choice Thumbs Up.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12