Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Grace Tame - Pure Class

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grace Tame - Pure Class
    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 11:25am
I was sure we had a thread on this great Australian.

The survival of abuse culture is dependent on submissive smiles and self-defeating surrenders. It is dependent on hypocrisy. My past is only relevant to the extent that I have seen—in fact I have worn—the consequences of civility for the sake of civility.

What I did wasn’t an act of martyrdom in the gender culture war. It’s true that many women are sick of being told to smile, often by men, for the benefit of men. But it’s not just women who are conditioned to smile and conform to the visibly rotting status-quo. It’s all of us.

reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 11:37am
Were her parents derelict in their duty to Grace? I would like to think that if I had a daughter I would teach her not to take sh1t from any man by 5 years old, let alone 15.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 11:55am
Not even the Crumb Maidens could raise a smile yesterday. Not until Q&A anyway.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 11:59am
I feel sorry for the girl

Obviously very angry & mixed up

Pretty sure most people have little issue with an occasional  forced smile if it helps facilitate amicable outcomes

To think otherwise is delusional

Refer ALP Election Promises
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 1:24pm
Hahahahaha 
You just don’t get it
At all
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 1:26pm
No feelings for poor old Kenneth Hayne?
Such confused,mixed up,old man……
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 3:17pm
 I can't believe this is still an issue. 

A NON-SMILE...

BIG FLAMING DEAL...

I never smile while reading all the inane comments from her detractors...

why should anyone be forced to smile?

(insert 'shakes her head' emoticon)  
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Were her parents derelict in their duty to Grace? I would like to think that if I had a daughter I would teach her not to take sh1t from any man by 5 years old, let alone 15.

As for this...

Could you teach your daughter not to marry the man she loves, just to be murdered and put in an acid bath? 

These issues are male problems... not women's.

Teach your sons first...

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 3:26pm
That's like saying don't learn to drive defensively, because there are bad drivers everywhere- teach those bad drivers to be good drivers so they don't kill me.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 1:12pm
Tame was simply brilliant at the Press Club today.  If you really care you'd have watched, or plan to watch it when streaming.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 1:14pm
Explained what the so called Morrison snub was about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 1:19pm

Grace Tame tells National Press Club she was urged not to criticise PM

By Angus Thompson

Grace Tame has also taken to the stage to address the National Press Club.

Ms Tame said that on August 17 last year she received a phone call from a senior member of a government-funded organisation asking her to promise not to say anything damning about the Prime Minister in the lead-up to the next Australian of the Year awards.

“You are an influential person,” the 2021 Australian of the Year recalled being told. “He will have a fear.”  “And then it crystallised, a fear - a fear for himself and no one else. A fear he might lose his position or, more to the point, his power. Sound familiar to anyone?

“Well, it does to me. I remember standing in the shadow of a trusted authority figure, being threatened in just the same veiled way. I remember him saying, ‘I will lose my job if anyone hears about that, and you would not want that, would you?’”

Ms Tame also said that after she criticised Mr Morrison, the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet conducted a review into the National Australia Day Council, which she described as “a transparent intimidation tactic, designed to rattle the cage of an organisation whose funding it mostly comes from the federal government”.

During her speech, the former Australian of the year laid out three tasks: for the government to take the issue of abuse “in all its forms” more seriously, for adequate and preventative funding to be implemented and for nationally consistent legislation.

Ms Tame added that “we cannot forget our men”.  “[I am] an advocate for all survivors of child sexual abuse, many of whom are male. We must preserve that nuance.  “One in six boys and one in four girls is abused before their 18th birthday.”

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 1:31pm
[QUOTE=djebel]I was sure we had a thread on this great Australian.[QUOTE]

I found it in Laundry & have now locked the topic so please keep this one a little nicer or it'll likely head the same way Confused

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 1:37pm
Well it's fine thus far.  But beware the the troglodytes.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

[QUOTE=djebel]I was sure we had a thread on this great Australian.[QUOTE]

I found it in Laundry & have now locked the topic so please keep this one a little nicer or it'll likely head the same way Confused

it is a thread which should be earmarked for respect and not allowed to end up in a Laundry Basket.

Angry
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 4:25pm
You mean with the other Grace Tame thread ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 4:27pm
Speaking of respect. The girls got a standing ovation today, but the Crumb Maidens who were there on special release today remained seated.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 5:37pm
Better get Phil onto this ''mystery'' too.

STATEMENT: PM Morrison’s office on Grace Tame’s claim of a threatening phone call last year. “While Ms Tame has declined to name the individual, the individual should apologise.”

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 6:00pm
I think many are starting to see a political bias from Miss Tame. Miss Higgins not so much. The former will continue to twist the knife until every extra twist makes no difference. She will be forgotten with time - as you can only tell the same story so many times before the audience switches off. Damage to Scommo already done though. Bring on Dutton

On the same trajectory as Hollywood MeToo #
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 6:03pm
Whatever.  
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 6:06pm
Too much that could be termed " Sub Judice " has already made a fair trial difficult for anyone associated with charges caused by these ladies allegations .
   Has to stop and charges be withdrawn.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 6:15pm
And we wonder why Govt are so slow achieving anything. With all the fear of offending anyone - women, immigrants, LBQT, indigenous  groups et al - we will get what we deserve. 

That being total procrastination. The ALP are masters of it. Sink in their own bullgelati. 
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 6:59pm
I’m finding politics in this country infinitely depressing ! It’s obvious that Labor and the left, the good guys , have learnt nothing at all from the last Federal Election and are determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. I’m amazed that nobody is concerned that an obviously damaged young woman like Grace Tame is being used to try and score political points off the the Prime Minister . I think it’s obscene and I want to give her a big hug and the number of a good therapist. It’s very wrong to use her as an attack dog.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:15pm
That's very true Baguette - thanks for saying so

The girl is obviously extremely dirty with the world - & quite rightly so. I don't see as brave - she is being put up on a pedestal by the many self-interest groups swanning around her. It has gone to her head. I do think one day she will realise she has been manipulated by those purporting to support her for their own gains.

I also think there is a chance - as you say - that the whole thing could swing back around to bite the ALP. She wants to blame Scommo for all her the wrongs in her life. Which is just blatantly unfair. Scommo should be congratulated how well he has handled the attack to date. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:27pm
You are so far out of touch with the precise issue.  But back to your cave.          
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:31pm
& what would be so unusual that a Govt Public Servant charged with ensuring positive public office asking the AOT recipient to keep negative government criticism to a minimum towards the end of her time.

Standard procedure almost i would have thought.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

You are so far out of touch with the precise issue.  But back to your cave.          
What's the difference between "the precise issue" & just "the issue". 

Oh that's right - there isn't any !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:35pm
It's crystal clear that you neither watched nor listened to the addresses given by either Tame or Higgins.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:36pm
Today's Media coverage of the Two victims , performing well scripted outbursts against the PM has done Him a great favour .
There wasn't a lot anyone could do for them during their years of silence.

Surely they knew right from wrong , AND that we have Policing to deal with such matters ,      way back then too.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:37pm
And Second Chance i am happy to admit i can be guilty of talking down to people. No worse than you though. 

If the hat fits - wear it baby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>