Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

banner ad

Golf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:01am
Got to be a bullsh1t story that Bob has picked up on his shoe trawling through rightard conspiracy sites. Melbourne City Council controls the tee length at golf clubs - source?
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
Sponsored Links
banner ad

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

JJ, how are Bobby and his mates going to complain about "the wife" over a few beers after a round if there are women in the clubhouse also?

Plus they won't be able to joke that their mate with the shortest drive should be hitting from the ladies.

Those damned leftists, they take away all of Bobbys fun.
How did you know I am left handed at golf ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:34am
Last night on Sky channel Nicholas Reece, the deputy lord major of the MCC confirmed the change at all courses under their control 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:36am
Got to be bullsh1t.LOL
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:39am
Winding up credulous old rightards with woke horror stories must amuse Reece.LOL

Errol Morris
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:47am
Ladies, you must tee off from the men's tees, by order of the Fuhrer. And transexuals will be prowling about your dressing rooms in the nude - excuse the penises. Heil Woke!

Errol Morris
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Last night on Sky channel Nicholas Reece, the deputy lord major of the MCC confirmed the change at all courses under their control 

How many courses do they control? Enough to see this sweep across the golfing world or just one or two? 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:30am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

about bloody time...

I got very tired of being treated like a second-rate golfer, when I could out-hit a lot of men. 

I also agree with that lady who was interviewed, who wanted to play on Saturday, because she worked on Sunday. If she can compete with the guys, then go for it.

I spent over eighty percent of my golf-life playing with men.  Never had one complain I didn't keep up.

I might also add that I enjoyed playing with men, off the golf-course...

Big smile Embarrassed

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:33am
They should leave the 'ladies tees' as is...but not make a fuss if a woman hits off the back tees. 

I always hit off the same tees as my husband and my brothers. It saved time and intimidated them.

LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:49am
Does Melbourne City Council own any golf courses?LOL

Errol Morris
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Does Melbourne City Council own any golf courses?LOL

Exactly my point. MCC is central Melbourne right? Doubt there are many council golf courses in the area. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 11:30am
 Albert Park?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 11:31am
Parks Victoria

Errol Morris
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

JJ, how are Bobby and his mates going to complain about "the wife" over a few beers after a round if there are women in the clubhouse also?

Plus they won't be able to joke that their mate with the shortest drive should be hitting from the ladies.

Those damned leftists, they take away all of Bobbys fun.
How did you know I am left handed at golf ?

I would be surprised if you did anything to the left old boy.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 2:07pm
The PGA have won the first court ruling with LIV.

Matt Jones and 2 others were removed from the Fedex playoffs for joining Liv. They sued the PGA and wanted reinstatement.

The judge ruled that they had no case as there was no hardship seeing that their LIV contracts would give them more money than they would have earned on the PGA tour.

The case brought by Mickelson etc will not be heard for several months
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 2:23pm
Golf to be made more gender-neutral ? If you swing a golf club to hit your balls, you certainly will be gender-neutral.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021