Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOLF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I’ve got no idea what your claiming 

The design, the intracies and the condition of the better course are wasted on poor players.

The very fact you can’t easily identify them, from a list you provided, confirms my POV.

Congratulations Rusty you’ve taken a nice thread about golf and turned it into a pissing contest

If you wish to grow up and not try and prove your coack is bigger than others, I’m happy to discuss the intricacies of the different courses
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Whoa!!!!

If you’re letting groups through, you’re not holding up play.
Unfortunately, that’s a rarity.
Usually, the weaker golfers don’t understand the etiquette.

I played the Vintage the last 3 days.

On the Friday, it took one hour to play the first 3 holes.
We had to insist that the group in front (x3) let us play through.
In Saturday comp it took a touch over 4 hours, and on Sunday, we were off early and zipped around in under 3 hours.

And barely enjoyed the experience.

Time shouldn't be the main factor. Four hours is dignified.

4 hours is acceptable.
But who wouldn’t enjoy playing with no one in front of you, so you can play at your preferred pace?

I remember having the worst round of my life on a hot Sunday arvo.
There was a woman in our group with a 40 odd handicap.
It was a stable Ford comp, I can still remember being exasperated as she was standing over a putt for a well earned 9 on the hole.
I was just about to say, cmon pick it up, when I realised it was still worth a point….

TORTURE!!!!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Did you know there was a 9 hole course on the corner of Botany Street and High Street Randwick ? cleared about /60. 

I did not know that. Part of the University, now, I suppose.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:22pm

The design, the intracies and the condition of the better course are wasted on poor players.

The very fact you can’t easily identify them, from a list you provided, confirms my POV.

Congratulations Rusty you’ve taken a nice thread about golf and turned it into a pissing contest

If you wish to grow up and not try and prove your coack is bigger than others, I’m happy to discuss the intricacies of the different courses

LOLLOLLOL

He wants to be coack of the walk...Confused

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:22pm

Pfft.

If you had any idea, you’d know if you were happy with those dinky courses on the list, the better courses were wasted on you.

You couldn’t even identify which were the better courses…..

And if you are playing off the yellow tees, then buy a chipper.
That’s an easy club for mugs to hit around the green.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:33pm

Whoa!!!!

If you’re letting groups through, you’re not holding up play.
Unfortunately, that’s a rarity.
Usually, the weaker golfers don’t understand the etiquette.

I played the Vintage the last 3 days.

On the Friday, it took one hour to play the first 3 holes.
We had to insist that the group in front (x3) let us play through.
In Saturday comp it took a touch over 4 hours, and on Sunday, we were off early and zipped around in under 3 hours.

And barely enjoyed the experience.

Time shouldn't be the main factor. Four hours is dignified.

4 hours is acceptable.
But who wouldn’t enjoy playing with no one in front of you, so you can play at your preferred pace?

I remember having the worst round of my life on a hot Sunday arvo.
There was a woman in our group with a 40 odd handicap.
It was a stable Ford comp, I can still remember being exasperated as she was standing over a putt for a well earned 9 on the hole.
I was just about to say, cmon pick it up, when I realised it was still worth a point….

TORTURE!!!!

You are a tough marker.  When I first joined my club, they gave me a 34 handicap, despite my having posted scores closer to a twenty handicap in my trial rounds. 

Guess who won every prize for the first two months?

When I departed, after my second child was born, the handicapper had caught up with me. My last official handicap was fifteen, but on my best day I could play to twelve. 

My brother was a 3 marker, my nephew was a junior pennants captain and played off five. My brother-in-law was/is a scratch golfer. His father was the pro at The Australian Golf Club. 

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:33pm

LOLLOLLOL

He wants to be coack of the walk...Confused

He succeeded 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:37pm

Pfft.

If you had any idea, you’d know if you were happy with those dinky courses on the list, the better courses were wasted on you.

Jesus...you must be fun to play with...not...

what do you play off...and no bullgelati? 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:38pm
Don’t take any notice of him Shrunk - he’s got history big noting himself. Punting extraordinaire , political analyst , finance guru .... & now golfing know it all. Better off just ignoring him
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:39pm

Pfft.

Where have I said what the better courses are? I haven’t passed comment on the quality of any of the courses You moron

I simply listed the  courses we’ve played you big coacked person. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:43pm

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Did you know there was a 9 hole course on the corner of Botany Street and High Street Randwick ? cleared about /60. 

I did not know that. Part of the University, now, I suppose.

Yeah , long long time since I left that area but the Uni would have taken it right to the corner , Botany street between 5am - 7am Ouch if the buses didn't scare the horses the odd golf ball might.LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Don’t take any notice of him Shrunk - he’s got history big noting himself. Punting extraordinaire , political analyst , finance guru .... & now golfing know it all. Better off just ignoring him

He’s clearly a very insecure person. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:47pm

Yada yada yada.

Anytime you want another maths lesson PM me.

Better take your socks off, we’ll be covering tougher topics than your 2 times tables….
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:50pm
 He's probably Charlie Fancutt...the ex-tennis player.

My nephew hit a screamer at Coolum, one day...the ball ran up the seventeenth hill to the green, did a kerbobble, and hit Charlie Fancutt on the shin. He was holding the flag while his mate putted out. Charlie immediately dropped the flag, jumped in his cart and came flying down the fairway, demanding to know who had nearly 'crippled' him. I stepped in and told him I'd given permission for the boy to plat his shot...so take it out on me...you big sissy. He ranted and raved, then told me we'd never be allowed to play Coolum ever again. I just laughed, and after he'd gone, calmed my very upset nephew down. 

When we got back to the pro shop, I queried if he had complained. He had. But...everyone working in the shop then came over and shook my hand, congratulating me for standing up to him. We were offered a free round the next day. Apparently he had been big-noting himself for years and abusing all the staff. 

Rusty is Charlie Fancutt...

Thumbs Up 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:52pm

Yada yada yada.

Better take your socks off, we’ll be covering tougher topics than your 2 times tables….

Still waiting for you to show me where I commented on the quality of any of the course ?

Clocks ticking hero

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:54pm
 so much for a fun thread...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:56pm

Pfft.

The number doesn’t matter.

It’s an attitude.
Pick up after you’ve had a double bogeye.
Don’t go deep in the bush looking for your ball.
If you can’t readily see it, you’ll wipe the hole, even if you find it.
Play when ready, you’re not playing in the world match play.
Etc, etc, etc

I’m also a member up at Tuncurry.
I often play with guys in their 80’s that are c graders, and they get around in a tick over 4 hours.

Slow play is just so selfish.

And without doubt the worst, are social club players who book out a dozen time slots in early morning, they cheat,dig up the course and invariably take over 5 hours, to pretty much ruin the whole fvcking day for everyone behind them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:56pm

My nephew hit a screamer at Coolum, one day...the ball ran up the seventeenth hill to the green, did a kerbobble, and hit Charlie Fancutt on the shin. He was holding the flag while his mate putted out. Charlie immediately dropped the flag, jumped in his cart and came flying down the fairway, demanding to know who had nearly 'crippled' him. I stepped in and told him I'd given permission for the boy to plat his shot...so take it out on me...you big sissy. He ranted and raved, then told me we'd never be allowed to play Coolum ever again. I just laughed, and after he'd gone, calmed my very upset nephew down. 

When we got back to the pro shop, I queried if he had complained. He had. But...everyone working in the shop then came over and shook my hand, congratulating me for standing up to him. We were offered a free round the next day. Apparently he had been big-noting himself for years and abusing all the staff. 

Thumbs Up 

It certainly sounds like it but was Charlie off scratch like big coak Rusty is?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:58pm

Pfft.

The number doesn’t matter.

Not now that you’ve made a goose of yourself.
What are you off hero?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:01pm

Thumbs Up 

It certainly sounds like it but was Charlie off scratch like big coak Rusty is?

But the number doesn't matter. !!!!!

so long as you don't have any fun...that's all that matters...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:03pm
Geez Rusty's sounding more damaged than ever tonight. Did he try jumping from his ego to his IQ without a helmet again?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:04pm

Yada yada yada.

Still waiting for you to show me where I commented on the quality of any of the course ?

Clocks ticking hero

Hahahahaha

That’s a very stupid response to the post you’ve quoted.they aren’t related in any way.

Very early on, I made the point that the best courses on your list would be wasted on you.
You then asked me which of the courses you listed were the better ones.

I laughed and said that confirmed you didn’t know yourself.
You’ve then just continually abused me thereafter.

Oh, you did actually comment that you loved Bonville when the course Marshall’s aren’t up you for ruining everyone else’s enjoyment because your both selfish and incompetent.

I think that about covers it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:07pm

Yada yada yada.

yeah - there you go - the numbers man. Backing in Franking Credits & stopping Negative Gearing with Shorten ?? “over the line” - or something like that. That turned out well for you Rusty - number cruncher ??
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:08pm
Even Doc gave up on you !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:12pm
Hahaha,
The artist formerly known as Doc, who slunk away in victory you say?

The man who had the biggest man crush on the orange idiot in the world!

If he was fitter, he would have been there on jan 6.
But, you know there were stairs and everything…..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:14pm

Yada yada yada.

yeah - there you go - the numbers man. Backing in Franking Credits & stopping Negative Gearing with Shorten ?? “over the line” - or something like that. That turned out well for you Rusty - number cruncher ??
See, there you go again.

I tried to explain so many times.
Capital gains, is different to negative gearing.
But you just don’t understand.
You can’t help stoopidWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Geez Rusty's sounding more damaged than ever tonight. Did he try jumping from his ego to his IQ without a helmet again?

Old Charlie, oops I mean Rusty is like that jerkin the advertisement a few years back who bellowed “I KNOW BOATSAngryAngry

Then proceeded to sink the bloody thing, what a loserLOL
Of course he’s off scratch 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:15pm
 Rusty would have hated playing with us. Halfway around he course my brother would shout out "Woods only", then we'd have to play the next hole with the one club...a wood. Including chipping and putting. 

Later he might yell out "Seven iron." And we'd all play the next hole with that club. Usually a par-four. 

We enjoyed our golf...after we cured my brother of throwing a tantrum if he hit a bad tee shot. I learned to duck when his club would come flying. I walked off the course at North Ryde after one embarrassing tantrum from him. He stopped doing it when we all told him he was playing singles from then on.

I've met people like Rusty in tournaments. One woman told me I couldn't play with a green or blue ball because she couldn't see it in the rough. I promptly replied I had no intention of hitting it in the rough.  She shut up. (I had bought a box of coloured Butterfly balls, in Hawaii...and often played with purple, hot pink, blue, green and pastel yellow). I was considered a bit of an upstart by the serious players, but I got on well with the older members. 

Big smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:19pm

Rusty would have hated playing with us. Halfway around he course my brother would shout out "Woods only", then we'd have to play the next hole with the one club...a wood. Including chipping and putting. 

Later he might yell out "Seven iron." And we'd all play the next hole with that club. Usually a par-four. 

We enjoyed our golf...

He’s actually writing a letter of complaint to the course president as well speak.
He started it by say “Don’t  you know who I am” and finished with, “I’m a scratch golfer, get these fools out of my way”Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

that was funny...

LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>