Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOLD COAST YRLG SALE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GOLD COAST YRLG SALE
    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:49pm
An absolute shocker.Huge withdrawals and an abominable 56% clearance rate
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 9:06pm
The lower end of the market had to cop it sooner or later Ouch
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 9:23pm
"I think it’s an extremely polarising market and the clearance rate is far from satisfactory and over the next 24 hours we'll be working very hard to increase the clearance rate to a satisfactory level," Magic Millions Managing Director Barry Bowditch noted.

"Buyers, agents, trainers and owners out there need to be paying attention to this sale. They need to be doing their research overnight leading into tomorrow because there's so much opportunity out there."

"On the other side of the coin, I think vendors need to set their reserves low and give the market an opportunity to gain some confidence and obviously give themselves an opportunity to sell these horses."

Barry's boss Gerry Harvey's 2 studs, Baramul and Westbury had 47 lots through the ring today alone. 14 sold and 33 passed in. Ouch

Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:18am
Update after Day 2. Sale clearance rate at 65%. Not very good, but not helped by the Boss.

Gerry Harvey's 2 Studs, Baramul & Westbury had 79 yearlings go through the ring. 

21 sold. 58 passed in. 

That's barely 35% clearance. 58 P/I out of 79. He brought 14 Redwood's across from Westbury and sold 3 and passed in 11. 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 9:36am
You would think as few Redwoods have raced in Australia the wrong place to try and sell them?
 Post Reply Post Reply