Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Gladys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm
I think I've already proven that I'm a swinging voter.  But honestly when will people realise we are all prone to bad misguided decisions.  Labour, Liberals, Greens any party for that matter.  So did she do anything wrong other than have bad taste.  Apparently not.  Who would you put in charge other than her.  Believe me I think the list is small and most are not worthy of a mention.  I hate the band waggon that springs up whenever someone is seen to do the wrong thing.  In our own lives away from the public gaze plenty of decisions are wrong.  Plenty of marriages break up because someone strayed.  It more luck than skill sometimes when you find a keeper.  I think on the whole she's done a hard job this year pretty well.  I've not agreed with everything she's done and won't in the future.  We are all different and start with different view points.  That is pretty clear on here.  But whatever our belief in Gladys.  She has worn herself out this year keeping us as safe as possible.  I think maybe that deserves some respect.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Mark Latham made a good point about this scandal of Gladys and Darryl. Latham said Gladys must go and used the example if Kristine Keneally had been sleeping with Eddie Obied what would be the reaction of people defending Gladys ?
Gladys, like Dan, will not be a premier of their state by years end.

Mark Latham for President I say!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I think I've already proven that I'm a swinging voter.  But honestly when will people realise we are all prone to bad misguided decisions.  Labour, Liberals, Greens any party for that matter.  So did she do anything wrong other than have bad taste.  Apparently not.  Who would you put in charge other than her.  Believe me I think the list is small and most are not worthy of a mention.  I hate the band waggon that springs up whenever someone is seen to do the wrong thing.  In our own lives away from the public gaze plenty of decisions are wrong.  Plenty of marriages break up because someone strayed.  It more luck than skill sometimes when you find a keeper.  I think on the whole she's done a hard job this year pretty well.  I've not agreed with everything she's done and won't in the future.  We are all different and start with different view points.  That is pretty clear on here.  But whatever our belief in Gladys.  She has worn herself out this year keeping us as safe as possible.  I think maybe that deserves some respect.
Nah, what she should have done, is called a press conference a while back, when he told her what he was up to, and divorced herself from him, relationship over, then the public would be far more forgiving, IMO.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:42pm
Well I for one wouldn't get in to politics or the public eye.  She says she likes to keep her private life away from the public so letting on about a relationship would of been hard.  I agree it was a major mistake but I made some bobby dazzlers over the years.  I tend put my foot in my mouth a fair bit!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:05pm
But I bet you've never sacked someone you were secretly dating for corruption while the leader of a state and then continue to secretly date said corrupt person for another 2(?) years and that secret only came out because you lied to a corruption commission.
Time is a flat circle
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:10pm
Gladys is gonski. Won't last the week. Maybe not the day.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:49pm
not a political leader but nonetheless VERY influential

Gai waterhouse and her marriage...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:55pm
Eyes GIFs | Tenor
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 2:30pm
I am sure Victorians would prefer her in charge of virusresponse to Dan. At least NSW isort of open and viruscases are being kept down as wel
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 2:40pm
Few corrupt Poli's in Vic she could bang on the side too!
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by brokecell brokecell wrote:

I am sure Victorians would prefer her in charge of virusresponse to Dan. At least NSW isort of open and viruscases are being kept down as wel
Spot on Blokecell - yuve got it in won !
Refer ALP Election Promises
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

not a political leader but nonetheless VERY influential

Gai waterhouse and her marriage...
Where are you going, off on this tangent, isaac Embarrassed
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 5:42pm
I thought it was clear .. Isaac is saying that Gai Waterhouse is squeeky clean amongst a mob of crooked cut throats , called her Family .

Probably a fair comparison on the surface but me thinks anything wearing lipstick is cheating or they wouldn't be trying to attract flies.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:08pm
Robbie's sister and daughter of Bill involved in Maguire's corrupt activities.  Surely she couldn't be bent!?  Shocked
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:21pm
Like Gladdy and Sargent Shultz, Gai “knows nothing”LOL
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:23pm
Maccamax sometimes you just seem to be trying to get us females to bite.  I hope that's all it is.  It takes two to tango and it's not always the female doing the chasing!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Few corrupt Poli's in Vic she could bang on the side too!

You're correct TJ, though most of the corrupt Victorian pollies are now gone, including Labor members.  

Though more than a few were members of the last LNP Govt which thankfully lasted just one term, after which Matthew Guy remains the only clearly identifiably corrupt and venal Liberal Party lower house member.  Tongue
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:38pm
Some bite Furious ,   painful as it may sound .    We poor males manage to endure that slight hiccup.

I do love the female ranks though .....    Don't be fooled by my belief that God gave them stubby , smaller feet so they could get closer to the sink .   .   Other mistakes he made were ,   they are meant to have two mouths and one ear.
Overall He did a good job in producing such a complex being and time will see him come up with better models ,      Though the tatoo'd ones on show ATM are eye sores.
Back to the free flowing floral dresses ,    The revelation of the more curves than a mountain road and the nylon stockings that make a mans hand tingle like a well built Rabbit Trap. ....    
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:40pm
That's alright SC, the ex hadn't been one for 2 years LOL
Time is a flat circle
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I thought it was clear .. Isaac is saying that Gai Waterhouse is squeeky clean amongst a mob of crooked cut throats , called her Family .

Probably a fair comparison on the surface but me thinks anything wearing lipstick is cheating or they wouldn't be trying to attract flies.
Your interpretation is noted, however Isaac may have meant something else.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:30pm
Gotta laugh at people saying Gladys kept the affair secret from EVERYONE because she's such a private person.LOL Come on. Get real.LOL The only reason she hid it from everyone is because she knew it was shameful and stupid.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:39pm
WHAT are we coming to ..... The over whelming support for Gladys.

Are they Mad .. completely ...       If the Woman is so dumb , she doesn't Know her bed mate of 5 years is being corrupt right under her nose (as premier)....      GUILTY of condoning coruption if not corrupt herself ... HAS TO GO ... NOW.

As bad as the Deputy Commissioner of NSW Police ,   Not knowing his son ,   Police Seargent Chris Laycock of 20 years service ...was one of the most corrupt Cops of all time =   BULL SHXT.

BYE GLADYS , YOU NOT RESIGNING IS A CRIME IN ITSELF>
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:43pm
She not only knew, she fired him.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:48pm
Yes PT ... GUILTY beyond any doubt ..

Sad as I really Trusted Gladys.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

She not only knew, she fired him.

Very weird relationship. Sorry honey I've got to sack you because you're a corrupt broke braggart - give us a kiss.Hug

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:56pm

The former New South Wales state MP Daryl Maguire told a former business associate that his phone and iPad had been involved in an “unfortunate” tractor accident after he became aware the state’s anti-corruption watchdog was paying attention to him.

On Tuesday, Maguire’s former business associate, Maggie Wang, told the Independent Commission Against Corruption (Icac) the former MP had told her about an “unfortunate accident where my phones and iPad have been run over by a tractor” after Icac began an earlier investigation that led to Maguire’s resignation in 2018.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/oct/13/daryl-maguire-asked-business-associate-to-delete-messages-and-emails-icac-hears

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:58pm
I think that a tractor accident beats Hillary acid bathing her phone.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 8:13pm
Makes me think of Fargo and the wood chipper
Time is a flat circle
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:12pm
Deals with China worsen the mix and Poor Gladys is getting screwed for 5 years at least by a man who she only thinks " is seperated from the wife".

Cheesus ---    has she had her shots ...     God knows what we LNP voters might catch.
I think Gladys will fold Quick , she will wear plenty if she                             doesn't GO.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:17pm
Feel a bit sorry for Gladys. I mean she was no Sophia Loren that’s for sure. So this bloke has paid her a bit attention for all the wrong reasons - she’s fallen for it hook line & sinker - & bobs your uncle ! Sad but true - & not uncommon
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>