Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

ALP "Gasometer" Countdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:30am
Meanwhile on planet Earth.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:46am
PT the Gasometer & some dodgy poll are 2 different things.

The gasometer contains "the vibe" - something a Poll can never achieve.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:47am
Clearly they are different things.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:49am
Rusty, TJ & Afros are great believers / followers of the Albo Gasometer !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:50am
Color me skeptical. 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Rusty, TJ & Afros are great believers / followers of the Albo Gasometer !
I used to, but lost interest when it was clear it hadn’t been recalibrated, and was just throwing up ridiculous numbers…….
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:52pm
Gasometer reading up to 33 after Dutton's shooting in his own foot more than off-set How Dare You Katy's fibbing

Fair & Balanced as always !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 3:27pm
Pinocchio of Politics starting to tank

Can only get worse

Gasometer struggling to record a "30" Ouch 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 3:33pm
I think he is in Melbourne again today terrifying the good folk of Dunkley with his rogue bunch of marauding Tories chanting  slogans and lies. People are afraid to go out on the streets till the by-election is over.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 9:35pm
This thread feels like wunwuns version of the one letters setup to complain about jockeys rides on horses that he backed that got beat.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 7:30am
Well when the worst govt in Australia's history goes into opposition with little to no renewal, you just get the worst opposition in Australia's history.

Watching Dutton, Susssssssan, Jane Hume, Angus, Birmingham,  Cash, Payne et al blathering on every day with their NO narrative on everything and parroting Peta and Loughnane's ''we need to lurch further right'', they are where they deserve to be. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:49am
Can you imagine how this current hapless mob would have handled Covid

Seriously - be like chooks running around with their heads cut off

Easy how some want to forget - esp those types banging on about Covid 24/7 for at least 2 years & then complained when the benefits were starting to dry up

Lest We Forget 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:54am
Actually I cannot remember too many on here complaining about all those "excessive" handouts at the time. Most wanted more assistance as I recall.

Even the need to keep Job keeper going longer -  hey PT !

What were the major policy differences at the time Ouch 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:57am
The states handled Covid under a national cabinet. The PM was a chair.

The federal govt was responsible for acquisition and distribution of vaccines. I dont think the current govt do worse than that disastrous rollout we experienced after Morrison forgot to order them, believing he could save money by delaying and having to borrow from Netherlands and others. Then when caught short setting states against each other by ''borrowing'' one state's vaccines to give to another, screwing up the aged care distribution etc.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:58am

Actually I cannot remember too many on here complaining about all those "excessive" handouts at the time. Most wanted more assistance as I recall.

You know very well I supported the handouts, as I did in the GFC.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:08am
Ok - they cocked up the vaccine roll-out a touch. No comment on how poorly the State Leaders performed - like Dan, Anna & the bloke in WA ? 

This trend of dumping all things bad onto Scommo is over the top. Lets face it - being 6 or 7 ministers might have looked bad - but it didn't have a major influence on outcomes as i see it. Scommo got caught short by the Metoo mob & that started a pile on for everything under the sun. Left leaning types came out of the woodwork to stick the boot in - & he remains the Go To whenever Albo comes across as weak as water.

Which by the way is more & more often of late
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You know very well I supported the handouts, as I did in the GFC.
Exactly. So why whine now that we racked up debt accordingly. Sheesh !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:11am
Your mob would have doubled the debt we know have

Why ? - because they cant help themselves
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:11am
now

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:11am
Look at the budget papers graph I posted yesterday. Debt was a straight line from 2008 to 2023.
Covid had no bearing on the level during those 3 years.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:14am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678