Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Liberal Party - can they survive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 12:09pm
I rarely watch any of those political analysis shows. I find those that do all think the same based on the camp they are in. Results in brain washing
Refer ALP Election Promises
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 1:05pm
This particular show made its name from having a strong, neutral host, with 3 journos with differing views.
They often had Gerard Henderson with David Marr on together, who were on each end of the spectrum.

They now have a host that thinks his role is to just utter torrents of words, and generally at least 2 conservative journos.

Getting ho hum.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Did you watch Insiders just now? The discussion on federal ICAC and the public's changing view of govt corruption. 

Murdoch stooge James Campbell saying that journalists may obsess about it but the public generally doesn't care.

He is typical of the Tory entitled view that is refusing to accept they lost in May.

what he doesn't realise is the public mindset has changed and they are tired of corruption. 

I saw it and just snorted in disbelief.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 1:09pm
That was pre-Sky, which is where rightards silo themselves now. It's not as if they don't get invited.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I rarely watch any of those political analysis shows. I find those that do all think the same based on the camp they are in. Results in brain washing

once again you demonstrate how little you know...

but your lot watch Sky...

go figure the logic...

open your mind, tutu...

Evil Smile
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 7:56pm
A veritable host of sitting Liberal Party members of the NSW State parliament are understood to be retiring from politics prior to the next State election.  

Sick of jobs for the boys?  Disappointed with a government roiled in lack of disclosure?  Maybe on account huge and inexplicable cost blow-outs?  Lack of a business case for a Multi-million proposed dam in Beetrooter's electorate?  Possibility of a swathe of Scommo/Ayres' underhand appointments being over-turned in pre-selection?

Watch this space.  Tongue

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 1:26pm
What has happened to Mr. 17%? He has gone very quiet. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 1:34pm
perhaps he got dug up before he'd actually sprouted?

or he turned green and was relegated to the compost bin before he poisoned anyone?

or...someone cut the eyes out of the spud and cooked him...

Evil Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 12:30pm
I notice the LNP has gone a bit quiet on their nuclear energy ''solution'' to our power needs since Putin hijacked Ukraine's biggest nuclear power generator and is threatening Europe.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 10:34am
This is not the Betoota Advocate.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 11:46am
See the beautiful tribute to the Queen from Matt Guy? A true historian of the British monarchy, it is well worth the read.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 11:51am
And dont forget Dim Tim in parliament saying he believed the Queen wished that Harry Meghan and Andrew should be sent to the tower.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

See the beautiful tribute to the Queen from Matt Guy? A true historian of the British monarchy, it is well worth the read.

I nearly died of boredom watching this....

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 8:20pm
Am almost reliably informed the SA opposition (sic) evidently invited Oneonesit to plot the way "forward" along with the mentioned Rightards, however as as a swinging voter he felt obliged to decline. Wink

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

This is not the Betoota Advocate.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:18pm
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234