Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Inglis Digital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inglis Digital
    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 10:01pm
I just noticed this French bred mare Sa Jeunesse (FR) - (still located in France) in this week's Inglis Digital sale (Lot 198) concluding tomorrow. She's never been to stud, or raced by the looks of it. I wonder what her story is.... currently no bids

Particulars

Name:Sa Jeunesse (FR)
Category:Broodmare
Sire:Della Francesca (USA)
Dam:Seditieuse (IRE)
Colour:Bay
Sex:Mare
DOB:11 April 2011
COB:FR
Disclosures:
GST:No

Description

Maiden Mare from one of the most commercial pedigree in Australia !

From the Family of Dubious and Magic millions Top priced Yearling 2022 

Sa jeunesse is the Sister to Seditieuse :

Dam Of Dubious G2 Winner and Stallion at Aquis Farm and dam of the Top Priced Yearling at the last Magic Million sale :

A Colt by I am Invincible / Seditieuse Sold for 1 900 000 AUD $ to Tom Magnier 

She's also the sister to Sediciosa (G3 Winner ) : dam of San Huberto (G2 Winner and Black type in France and Australia ) He will target the Melbourne Cup 2022

Many Updates possible in the page !

By Della Francesca : A son of Danzig G2 winner and G1 Placed in the 2000 Guineas in Ireland 

Size: 163cm / 16.0

Great Conformation 

Sold with a Breeding certificate

This mare has never been to stud 

She has no vices 

This Horse is located in FRANCE 

For Inspection or extra informations you can contact +33630308127

Edited by Gay3 - 29 Sep 2022 at 8:08pm
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 2:25pm
Shawy,
This mare had 12 starts. 2 as a late 2yo for an 8th and a 4th. Then 10 starts as a 3yo for one 4th.

Raced between 1500 and 2000m, mostly on artificial tracks but there was at least one on a turf track.

Watched a few replays and she didn't really show much. Mostly raced handy to midfield but was quite one-paced when it counted.

Very well bred from the tail female of Street Cry but seems very risky to me, considering she is 11 and hasn't been to stud. I wonder if they count being to stud and 'missing' in France?
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 2:49pm
Interesting thanks kavg.
Her form record on the Inglis page was blank Wink
She passed in without a bid, reserve was 20k
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 8:10pm

Trilogy Purchase $205,000 Inglis Digital Top Lot

Media Release - Wednesday September 28

The broodmare Kemeri - which last sold for just $2500 on Inglis Digital - has today topped the platform’s September (Late) Sale, realising $205,000.

The now 10-year-old has been “a win for everyone along the way’’ including today’s seller Jimmy Unwala from Avesta Bloodstock, who acquired the mare privately after she was sold for $2500 in the February Online Sale of 2020.

Kemeri is in foal to So You Think.

Kemeri is in foal to So You Think.

“Shortly after that sale Jack Schaeche, who does a lot of form work and analysis for Avesta, rang me and said somebody had bought this mare very cheap, that she had a young unraced half sister called Affair To Remember who he thought was a Stakes horse in the making and that I should consider buying her so I made a private offer, bought her for more than the buyer had paid for her online and since then, the family has just exploded,’’ Unwala said.

“Today is the perfect result because everyone along the way walks away happy – the initial buyer got more for the mare than he paid, I’ve got more for the mare today than I paid and now the new buyer has themselves a beautiful broodmare in foal to a quality stallion and it’s a family that is so current.’’

Unwala admitted he was reluctant to sell Kemeri but said he ultimately couldn’t resist, given the recent strength of the Inglis Digital market.

“It’s just so strong with Inglis Digital, the past couple of sales in particular there have been buyers from everywhere getting involved so we thought it might be the right time to get her on the market and get a nice price for her, which we did,’’ Unwala said.

“Inglis Digital is the perfect platform for that, it’s so clean, there’s so much openness about it, you can put up great videos and everyone can access everything and that makes for great trade.’'

Kemeri – offered in foal to So You Think - was purchased by Trilogy Racing for $205,000.

“We bought her based on her very current page, plus the fact she’s a lovely type of mare and we thought with the So You Think pregnancy she would be a nice mare for the future for us,’’ Trilogy’s Sean Dingwall said.

“She’ll stay at Middlebrook Valley Lodge where she is now and foal down – which will be a bit of a later foal – and then we’ll make a call as to who she visits next.’’

Today’s second-top lot was broodmare Chicquita.

She was offered by Torryburn Stud (on behalf of the estate of Alan Osburg) with a Maurice colt foal at foot and was purchased for $180,000 by Noel and Caroline Hassell of Shadowbrook Bloodstock.

“We were looking for one more mare, the Maurice foal had a fair bit of appeal and she’s a big, roomy mare with a nice page so we thought we’d have a go,’’ Caroline Hassell said.

“The foal could go to the [Inglis] Great Southern Sale next year as a weanling, that’s what we usually do but we won’t make that decision just yet. We’ve bought a couple of horses through Inglis Digital, it’s very user friendly, [Inglis Senior Bloodstock Consultant] Will Stott helps us a lot and he did with this purchase again, so we’re really happy.’’

Chicquita will visit Coolmore-based stallion and Inglis Easter Yearling Sale graduate Home Affairs as her next cover.

“The price today was more than we expected but obviously the desire for these Maurice colts is very strong at the moment so we’re delighted with how it’s all played out,’’ Torryburn’s Mel Copelin said.

“We love Inglis Digital, it’s our preferred online sale platform, we use it a lot, pretty much every month we’re involved in each sale one way or another because it’s just really easy to use and we get great results.’’

The Inglis Digital September (Late) Sale grossed $2,832,200.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 9:17pm
I hope Home Affairs can handle his cover . Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 1:07pm
It's amazing what can be bought online by astute buyers Big smile

Race Result - D C McKay Stakes Gr3 1100m

Morphettville Track: Soft(7) Time: 1:05.04
Savatoxl
T: W A Savage J: Ms C Jones 60.5
7g Kuroshio (AUS) x Li'L Miss Hayley (NZ) (Savabeel (AUS))
Inglis VOBIS Gold Yearling Sale $8,000
V:Stonehouse Thoroughbreds, Eddington
B: Alice Springs Turf Club Inc.
Larimer Street
T: D R Jolly J: D Yendall 54
5g Brazen Beau (AUS) x Original Choice (AUS) (Redoute's Choice (AUS))
Inglis May (Late) Online Sale $4,250
V:David Jolly
B: Adrian Grantham
Inglis Melbourne Premier Yearling Sale Book 1 $450,000
V:Blue Gum Farm, Euroa
B: Mark Pilkington Management / Busuttin Racing

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 8:23pm
My mind boggles at the degree of lameness these horses are expected to race with Angry

Lot: 211  Gwan So (GB) - 5% SHARE
August 7 2023
Horse: Gwan So (GB) Trainer: Annabel Neasham Signalment: 5 Year Old Bay Thoroughbred Gelding Microchip: 985101045301885
History and Clinical Signs Gwan So (GB) has a recent history of left fore (LF) knee lameness. He was treated with intra-articular medication (cortisone and hyaluronic acid) on 8th July 2023.
The gelding’s lameness improved following treatment and raced on 26th July 2023. He was presented for re-evaluation of a LF lameness on Monday 7th August 2023.
Lameness Examination On examination the gelding had a grade 3/5 lameness in the LF (where grade 1 is mildly lame and grade 5 is non weight bearing lame) at the trot on a firm surface. Hoof tester examination was negative, lower limb flexion was negative, carpal flexion was positive. A chronic medical “splint” was evident which is inactive. There is no pain on palpation of the proximal suspensory ligament. A nerve block to the left knee (mid-carpal joint) abolished the lameness at 6 mins and caused the gelding to switch to a grade 1/5 RF lameness.
Radiographs of both knees were subsequently obtained. Radiographic Findings
• LF – lysis (decreased bone density/weakness) of the distal radial carpal bone (image left green arrow). Sclerosis (increased bone hardening brittleness) of intermediate facet of the third carpal bone (image right green arrow) and an area of lysis on the radial facet (yellow arrow).
• RF – sclerosis of the third carpal bone

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 9:55pm
This horse Should Not be allowed to race ! ever ! as for nerve blocking the area AngryAngry
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 10:28pm
Carioca:  there is no way a horse would be permitted to race here with any sort of nerve block in place.

As far as my experience with them goes they (nerve blocks) are used to isolate (process of elimination) exactly where an otherwise undetectable source of lameness is located.

I have a girl home ATM who'd been troubled with a minor but persistent soreness in her near hind - nothing showed on x-ray but the first of a  planned series of nerve blocks showed the cause of her discomfort is fetlock / cannon not stifle as originally suspected.  
The actual block wears off relatively quickly, I waited while she was at the vet's and she travelled  home without any hassle and is now enjoying two weeks stall rest with (hopefully) the next set of x-rays revealing all ...

suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 11:52pm
Hi Joh , I never said they were ( nerve blocking treatment ) his knees are like honey comb , they have been honest with his treatment ( cortisone etc ) the carpal bones will further weaken with time , if he shattered his knee in work , what would the nerve block prove when you know where the problem is ? young horse maybe diferrent , I was suggested 45 years ago on nerve blocking a pedal bone , said no , cos I knew she was developing pedalostitus , and starting to rotate , yes mate I know it's illegal .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 12:03am
Anyhow Joh , I hope you get many days of enjoyment from your youngster , how far in her work has she gone , or even raced ? 
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 12:44am
Can someone help assess Lot 419 and 420 in the Inglis Digital Sept sale?

My eyes are having a huge issue with focussing when I watch the videos....It might be just me but I can't seem to see the mares at all

Post Reply Post Reply