Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Possible Melbourne Premier Yearling purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible Melbourne Premier Yearling purchase
    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 3:43pm
Have over recent years leased shares in a few we've bred to TBV members along with personal friends.  All have been winners including city successes.

This time around we hope to purchase one for not much money at the 2022 Premier Yearling Sale, and if successful offer shares in her for not much money.

So at this stage am just seeking expressions of interest from members who may wish to come on board, and invite potentially interested members to PM me.  On receipt will provide details of the yearling in question and answer any queries you may have.  The Mayor has previously endorsed my seeking interest in this manner.

Look forward to hearing from more than a few of you.  Thumbs Up
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 10:03am
Little apparent interest so will close down the invitation.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 12:54pm
Sorry SC.  Already have a 2yo so can't go in another.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 6:37pm
I also have paddocks full :) All the best
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 12:38pm
Just missed out on a share in Lot 652.  I understand noted breeding expert Kristen Manning may have  missed out too, though she would have got in if it was between me or her. Wink

By top miler/middle distance horse Saxon Warrior from the immediate family of Oaks winners Arapaho Miss and Miami Bound along with De Little Engine etc.  

Hope he does well but not real great.  Big smile 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 1:04pm
Griffiths de Kock Racing / Peter Ford Thoroughbreds (FBAA) / Heywood Bloodstock / Clanbrooke Racing VIC $65,000

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 1:37pm
The photo doesn't really do him justice Gay: he looks like a quintessential miler/middle distance type in the parade video.

But he's past history now, sort of.

On the brighter side we have a very small share in an Impending 2yo from the same female family.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 6:19pm
Sorry SC.  Your proposal was indeed interesting, but we are sticking with Slowdown.
Had luck with Lionel so going in another of his.
Slowdown is in our price range.  We have fun and it doesnt cost us an arm and leg in fees etc.
And cant fault the management and feed back we receive.  Not to mention our trainer being to our liking.
Maybe one day when we crack lotto we might venture out .LOL
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply