Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Baker cruelty charges.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baker cruelty charges.
    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:04pm
Racenet have the story, this happened back in AUG and we only hear of it now........we heard rumours, it's hard not to, I hope justice prevails, Waugh got off with a slap on the wrist, I just wonder what Bjorn will cop?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:18pm
The charges were laid yesterday, and then became public.

In any jurisdiction, racing or otherwise, allegations of this nature are investigated and charges laid when and if the evidence supports such action.  In which case a less than two month hiatus between an alleged offence (let alone the time lapse before stewards were actually alerted) and the issuing of charges would appear both normal and appropriate.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:22pm
Mark Riley returned from Dubai after a swimming pool incident, and subsequent enquiry. Stockwhips and short tempers are frowned upon by the Arabs. Bjorn is Teflon so he should be fine, but staff will be under the bus
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:27pm
What happened?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm
Ask SC, he's all over it.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

In any jurisdiction, racing or otherwise, allegations of this nature are investigated and charges laid when and if the evidence supports such action.  In which case a less than two month hiatus between an alleged offence (let alone the time lapse before stewards were actually alerted) and the issuing of charges would appear both normal and appropriate.

What happened with the Gary White case then? Planet VIC is slightly different, or should I say vastly, just ask Dion!  OR that bastion of propriety Martin Pakula......or Kate Goodrich.......transparency and RVL is an oxymoron.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:23pm
Why have the stewards charged Bjorn when he wasn't even present? Kim Waugh wasn't at the track either when the modified hooks were used, none of this makes sense, how on earth can you watch your staff 24/7? Doc Chapman walked away from training saying same thing!.......I can't wait to see what transpires here as there are ramifications for every licensed trainer with this incident.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

What happened with the Gary White case then? Planet VIC is slightly different, or should I say vastly, just ask Dion!  OR that bastion of propriety Martin Pakula......or Kate Goodrich.......transparency and RVL is an oxymoron. 

I don't think anyone here considers Gary White, or Kate Goodrich, or anyone else in any way relevant in the Baker matter.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:49pm
I'm using an analogy of time between charges and prosecution, Gary was suspended immediately, Kate's treatment by prosecution procedure at RVL was atrocious mainly due to the time lags, Bjorn is different as he wasn't present, but neither was Kim Waugh........we all know RVL are the masters of successful protection, even you would accede to that I'm guessing, but why the Baker case is taking so long beggars belief.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:58am
Great trainer that knows nothing about his staff bashing horses. Teflon. 
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 8:09am
The staff disqualified, Bjorn goes up today, they pleaded guilty, all Bjorn has to say is ''I had no idea' I wasn't there'' they'll fine him for not educating his staff to not use a poly pipe to bash the horse into submission, he must have fired the Forman or he quit as he's no longer part of the operation. 
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:39am
If the foreman was sacked for something Baker authorised surely he'd speak out against Baker?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 12:59pm
You reckon?
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 4:28pm
I would. Unless there's a sizeable sum of money hitting my bank account.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 7:21pm
K4 fine, contentious, as it sets a precedent, rogue staff and you pay dearly....apparently.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 10:27pm
Bjorn to the Chief Steward, ''4K that's chicken feed, shut up and take my money''!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 12:00am
But ??  My understanding has been,  at the end of the day the trainer is responsible ??    No matter what it is, they wear it ?? 
Oh there are some slimey buggas out there .  Sick
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply