Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

CC/MC doubles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CC/MC doubles
    Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:12pm
Used to be huge in the olden days, but you can still get set today.  Have taken my first lot, which are as follows: Incentivise, Hungry Heart, Persan, Tralee Rose, Colette; into the same five plus Verry Eleegant.  

Anyone else is invited to put theirs up and see how good or bad we go.  Smile

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:47pm
Well I have had $20.00 on both the win and place doubles for all the following. except Incentivise who have only taken for the win. 

Caulfield Cup

Incentivise - Delphi - Sir Dragonet - Tralee Rose - Johnny Get Angry - Floating Artist - Numerian.

Melbourne Cup

Spanish Mission - Delphi - Verry Elleegant - Johnny Get Angry - Floating Artist - Carif.

Outlay $1320.00

My returns will be between $756.00 to $607,020.00 (Numerian to win Caulfield and Carif to win Melbourne Cup).  

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:16pm
BOL Voyager.  Thumbs Up

Only had around $100 in total on my doubles, with results ranging from around $800 (silly bet) to rather more than that most others, so aren't looking at anything like your result in the (unlikely) event either of us gets the cash. 

Hope springs eternal, and over to others.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:44pm
Voyager, who set you for "a place" double ?
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:14am
Before the running of the Makybe Diva Stakes, I had $10 on Incentivise in the Caulfield Cup into Dawn Patrol in the Melbourne Cup at $131.85. Weights hadn't been issued at the time so it was just based on impressions rather than a detailed form study.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Voyager, who set you for "a place" double ?

If you go to Sportsbet, Bob, you can take the double as a multi.

So for instance I have Incentivise @ $4.20 for the win @ Caulfield and Spanish Mission @$3.00 for the place. This multi is currently paying $12.60. 

So I have taken my Caulfield Cup runners to win and the Melbourne Cup runners to win and place.

I plan to reverse it on Monday and take my Caulfield Cup runners to place (except Incentivise) and the Melbourne Cup runners to win and place.

At the moment I should be safe with Spanish Mission, Delphi, Johnny Get Angry and Carif making the Melbourne Cup field and I am hoping Floating Artist can win his way into the race by winning either the Bart Cummings or the Hotham.

At Caulfield I again think that Incentivise, Delphi, Johnny Get Angry are all in and I am hoping Numerian goes that way after the Epsom.  

All a little fun!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 12:09pm
Well at least Voyager and I are still alive, though hardly any surprise with the favorite winning yesterday.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 4:48pm
Yeah SC we are alive and I am just hoping that Delphi, Carif and Verry Elleegant go that way and Floating Artist can win his way into the race.

If Incentivise does the double I am fine, and I might try and take some in the cup with horse in the Empire Rose and Cantala, so if I do I will add them to my doubles as well.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 3:28pm
And SC and Voyager both land the money.  Star
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 4:19pm
Yep we did good SC.

I just wish Floating Artist had grabbed the place instead of Incentivise but still I had three collects with VE for the win and place and Spanish Mission for the place. 

Incentivise into VE win   = $51.00 x $20.00 = $1020.00
Incentivise into VE place = $17.00 x $20.00 = $ 340.00
Incentivies into Spanish Mission place= $12.60 x $20.00 = $252.00

Outlay: $1320.00   Return: $1612.00   Profit: $292.00

If Floating Artist had have got the place I would have had a collect of $1220.00, but a winner is a winner.     
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm
Cheers Voyager.  I cleared about $1,000, less had the Fav won.

But it's more about bragging rights.  Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply