Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

S.A.S. Celebrities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Would you expect any better from the likes of Aberton ?   Seriously ?  His claim to fame ?  A Bra Boy who weasled out of a murder charge ?   Censored

You do have to wonder what he is doing on the show. What are channel 7 thinking ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:52am
Ratings! The same goes for the 'Barbie Doll' Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:50am
Only seen a few glimpses of it. Does the show have a winner? Is there a prize, apart from appearance money? Who won last season?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:25am
The winners of SAS Australia 2020 were former rugby player and 2018 Bachelor Nick Cummins, Aussie comedian Merrick Watts and AFLW player Sabrina Frederick.
They were most deserving too, as you'd imagine.
F/fox won't open the link: https://www.nowtolove.com.au/reality-tv/news/sas-australia-winner-2020-66031

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm
I hadn't realised it's also on Tues. & Weds. as the ads all said Monday 7.30 but all the chatter about what I'd missed got me searching for the catch ups, one of which I've just watched - phew, that bloody tunnel LOL
Below includes the link to Episodes but also some interesting tabs at the bottom which I'm sure will keep me occupied Big smile

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:59pm
First fake part of the show, IMO. Instructions were different for a couple of them in the rescue drill. You could tell by the editing.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:48pm
Party Pooper! I've recorded, so am yet to see it, having just finished E3 on 7plus online Ermm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:01pm
Don't worry it's only a small part. Gets pretty intense later!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:23am
They obviously sign a waiver before going in but I wonder what that is worth. 

That fighting seemed a little extreme. 
reductio ad absurdum
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:32am
Breaks every safety rule to continue boxing once the head gear comes off. Is it filmed in Australia ? Surprised they can get away with airing that.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:55am
Jett Kenny made me cry. 
reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:00pm
Big sook he is.  Didnt like the food.Cry
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:29pm
Did you watch last nights episode ?

He talked about his sister.

reductio ad absurdum
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:00pm
I've just caught up all episodes and Jana is the Bomb! I luvs her Hug Hope she makes it through
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:31pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:24pm
How good has this show been, for anyone who's followed it? Great stuff.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:06pm
Never enjoyed it before but I don't want this series to end! I've even developed a little respect for Dan. The Poo has been surprisingly endearing. Jana, John and Sam are awesome! You'd want them to have your back in a war zone.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:16pm
Yep I'm even behind that poor soapie bloke and Mark P. Good stuff. Jana and the rugby bloke are role models for whining aussies.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:31pm
Every morning when I'm cleaning my horse paddocks and getting swooped by butcher birds (the very same ones who've lived here for years, eat my horse feed and shelter from storms in my shed) - I tell myself 'Be like Jana' LOL
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:14am
People used to say Pittman was a drama queen bunging on injuries as an excuse when she was a hurdler. Not me of course.

Drama Jana skips baton relay as public support runs low

Duncan Mackay in Melbourne
Wed 15 Mar 2006 13.14 AEDT

Jana Pittman, the runner supposed to symbolise these Commonwealth Games in the same way Cathy Freeman did the 2000 Sydney Olympics, has become so unpopular with the Australian public that she pulled out of yesterday Queen's baton relay allegedly for fear of being booed.

The 2003 world 400 metres hurdles champion, one of the highest-ranked athletes in any sport competing in these Games, has become so disillusioned with life here that she is reportedly considering quitting Australia to live in England with Chris Rawlinson, the British athlete she is due to marry on March 31.

The official reason for Pittman pulling out of the relay, in which she would have had to jog or walk only 500 metres, was because she did not want to aggravate a hamstring injury but her decision immediately drew criticism. Speculation was rife that she had been fearful of an adverse reaction along the route from Australians who have tired of the constant drama that seems to surround her life.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2006/mar/15/commonwealthgames2006.commonwealthgames1

• An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 12:52pm
    Yeah she spoke about all that on the show.
    Gay3 View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 7:38pm
    Sam!! Absolutely the most deserving winner with his standout accomplishment being successfully completing the 'narrowing pipes' task despite suffering claustrophobia & taking a whole 1hr 40mins to achieve it ClapClapClap He was always supportive of others & clearly in terrible shoulder pain but despite it, when the going got tough in team efforts, he'd put himself in the toughest position when needed.
    Interesting to see what tonight brings.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 7:43pm
    Well deserved Sammy boy. Let’s hope it helps him going forward 
    What a great turnaround from Pittman as well
    stayer View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 7:49pm
    At first I thought all 3 should have passed the course, but in reality Sam was the only one you could see mixing it with the real SAS guys. And he wouldn't even keep up with them at full fitness, I'm guessing. Wish they'd had the instructors demonstrate every challenge.
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:12pm
    I was also initially bummed that all 3 didn't make it but once I'd calmed down it was obvious only Sam was SAS material. His genuine support of the others showed he has a heart big as himself.
    Jana was still most inspiring. And I didn't know she'd had a baby only 6 months before - Jana warrior woman! Star
    maccamax View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:32pm
    Phew , Brave Ponies ,   I breathed a sigh of relief when it was you who mentioned Jana having a baby recently.

Had it been Rusty , I would have known he was trying to find something else to blame me for ....    
    djebel View Drop Down
    Premium
    Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:47pm
    Tonight is about the hot up. 
    reductio ad absurdum
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12