Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kristina Keneally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:18am
In January 1975, Keating married Alitalia flight attendant Annita van Iersel in her family’s village in the Netherlands. The couple made their home in Gerard Avenue, Condell Park in Sydney, not far from the Keatings’ family home.

In 1983, the Keatings had 3 small children and continued to live in the Sydney suburb of Condell Park. With Labor now in government, the family faced the problem common to front bench parliamentarians. Keating spent much of his time working in Canberra, while his family lived in Sydney. Both John Howard and John Stone encouraged Annita Keating to make the decision to come to Canberra. By mid-1983, the couple had rented a house as their Canberra base, and Keating no longer stayed at the Hotel Kurrajong for his frequent and extended trips to Canberra.

https://www.naa.gov.au/explore-collection/australias-prime-ministers/paul-keating/before-office
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:05pm

Last week, my ABC colleague, News Breakfast co-anchor Lisa Millar, de-activated her Twitter account after voluminous daily bullying, including trolling about her late father. Channel Ten journalist and former Q+A host Hamish MacDonald has publicly said that one of the reasons he left the ABC was the intolerable barrage of social media abuse directed at him. Insiders host David Speers is the target of vicious attacks before and after almost every program.

Anyone who can stomach wading into mentions of @leighsales will find that virtually hourly, I am abused for doing my job, with a stream of tweets goading me to quit, demanding the ABC sack me, telling me I'm useless, stupid, biased and incompetent. Annabel Crabb and Patricia Karvelas are targeted in a similar manner.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-14/twitter-social-media-bullies-political-journalism/100458714

So why bother with it?Confused Can't you set these stupid social media so that only people you want are on your feed? Do you want to communicate with every Tom, Dick and Harry in the world?

This forum is as social as I get.LOL

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:14pm
This from NYT journalist Sheryl Gay Stolberg who has been writing a lot lately about anti vaxxers and MAGA.

Warning: very bad language.

She posts the insults on her twitter feed along with their contact details.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:24pm
I can't even imagine being bothered by some pipsqueak on the internet. I just don't get it. Water off a duck's back. So maybe I'm the wrong man to be commenting on social media aggravation. Over and out.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
Most aren't that bothered by it or just report them and move on. Some dont read their own feeds. Lisa Millar and Michael Rowland use their feed to interact with News Breakfast viewers so it invites nutters. 

I think Ms Sales was just showing solidarity with her friend specifically. She has faced this herself many times worse than Lisa, but she is right, the harshest abuse comes from the left. I have stopped following a lot of people over this specifically.  
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

In January 1975, Keating married Alitalia flight attendant Annita van Iersel in her family’s village in the Netherlands. The couple made their home in Gerard Avenue, Condell Park in Sydney, not far from the Keatings’ family home.

In 1983, the Keatings had 3 small children and continued to live in the Sydney suburb of Condell Park. With Labor now in government, the family faced the problem common to front bench parliamentarians. Keating spent much of his time working in Canberra, while his family lived in Sydney. Both John Howard and John Stone encouraged Annita Keating to make the decision to come to Canberra. By mid-1983, the couple had rented a house as their Canberra base, and Keating no longer stayed at the Hotel Kurrajong for his frequent and extended trips to Canberra.

https://www.naa.gov.au/explore-collection/australias-prime-ministers/paul-keating/before-office
You must be the only person on the planet that doesn't know why Annita didn't co-habit with Paul.......and Paul lived in the swanky Eastern Suburbs, you really want to know what went on in Sydney in the 70's? ask a cab driver.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:14pm
  I know what went on in some politician's house parties in the 80's and 90's. I had a friend who  worked for Malcolm Turnbull during that time. He wasn't a cab driver. He was a real-estate broker. 

My husband, who was a cab driver, told me many tales of probable liaisons between certain prominent people he ferried from one address to another. 

But the most intimate information I ever received, was from an old 'boyfriend', who once ran a brothel in of a bunch of flats in a huge complex at Tamarama. He said people might be shocked at who attended his premises.  Mostly because the brothel he ran was for gays.

Evil Smile 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:18pm
 My biography could very well not be published if I were to reveal all of the names he blabbed.

or I could be very easily sued...so I will not put actual names in print.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:33pm
Posted this some time ago in another thread:

"And John Gorton would don his cozzies, throw a towel over his shoulder and head for the pool.  Which he's pass by and enter an apartment immediately behind the lodge where his mistresses resided.  After some no doubt delightful dalliance he'd proceed back to the pool, put a few laps behind him, and then return to matters of state.

ps I know all this, being a social friend of the manager of the lodge at the time together with a bloke who spent years there as an AFP guard". 

Mind you we could point the bone all day, only to simply confirm what's already known or suspected.

And yet again forget what/who the thread is actually about.  Tongue

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I know what went on in some politician's house parties in the 80's and 90's. I had a friend who  worked for Malcolm Turnbull during that time. He wasn't a cab driver. He was a real-estate broker. 

My husband, who was a cab driver, told me many tales of probable liaisons between certain prominent people he ferried from one address to another. 

But the most intimate information I ever received, was from an old 'boyfriend', who once ran a brothel in of a bunch of flats in a huge complex at Tamarama. He said people might be shocked at who attended his premises.  Mostly because the brothel he ran was for gays.

Evil Smile 
Oh yeah baby!.....what a surprise you are JJ, here's me thinking you're the quintessential Coogee housewife and in reality....your the man!........figuratively speaking.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:49pm
  I've never ever been a quintessential anyplace housewife, as my children would readily attest. (Bye-the- bye...that boyfriend was not gay, himself. I can attest to that. EmbarrassedHeart)

Virginia Trioli posted on twitter that she's been labelled a 'commo' , for querying a Lib rep on radio. If you don't agree with any right-wing view, you're always labelled a commie.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:21pm
And now Keating is gushing in his support of KK, it might have been a Labour stronghold once, with this publicity and carpetbagging it might just fold.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:19am
KK must be seen as a threat to the Libs. Going through a few things at the moment, none to do with her being a MP. Libs ON attack dogs going after her in the NSW Upper House.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:42am
KK has bad form in Politics....   Did she get Gaol time , or was that her Eddie Obeid and her friends.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:49am
ON going after her over her son being found to be a bent copper but I reckon the Libs will not whisper a word regarding the unfair dismissal claim against her.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:12pm
Son - so what? Is he an MP?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:13pm
They are desperate.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:25pm
KRISTINA KENEALLY’S CORRUPT COP SON LIED ABOUT DEATH THREATS & GOT INNOCENT MAN WRONGLY JAILED, JUDGE SAYS! Constable Daniel Keneally set to cost NSW Police HUGE compensation payout after man spent 3 weeks in solitary confinement.
---------------
Plus the deputy Labor Leader has family form as drug runner .( 9 years ).

Enough to avoid a Labor Government come 2022.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:31pm
Curious case.

"When Mr Moore was just 22 he opened an account with St George bank which due to an ongoing error allowed him a limitless overdraft.

Then unemployed and on Centrelink benefits, he withdrew and spent $2.1 million on luxury cars, strippers, parties, and collectibles over the next two years.

Mr Moore was subsequently found guilty of obtaining financial benefit by deception and spent five months in jail.

The Court of Criminal Appeal eventually found Mr Moore had not in fact been deceptive and overturned his conviction."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10252423/Senator-Kristina-Keneallys-policeman-son-accused-fabricating-evidence.html

Not been deceptive? LOL How did you work that out, your honours? Every time you take money out of a bank account you know you have no entitlement to that's deception isn't it?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:31pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:06pm
OMG That picture ....   Kristine should get some bra advice .

They are sitting on her hips.

So that is the hero Copper ---- Only one good one.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 3:02pm
To be fair - she is at least 10 grades better equipped than Gladys. Not even John would argue that point. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12