Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Albo Caught Out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:02pm

Independent Dai Le claimed she 'controlled' Sydney Liberal branch in 2019 despite party suspending her three years earlier

In a leaked 2019 voicemail message obtained by Sky News Australia, Ms Le told a local Cabramatta member she was 'in control of the branch' - even though she was suspended by the Liberal party for 10 years for running for mayor as an independent candidate in 2016. 

The Independent candidate taking on Kristina Keneally in the seat of Fowler, Dai Le, claimed in a voicemail message in 2019 - three years after she was suspended for 10 years by the Liberal party - that she still had control of the Liberal Party’s Cabramatta branch. 

In the leaked voicemail message to a local branch member obtained by Sky News, Ms Le says “The meeting went OK last night with us… we were able to reject all of the members. I still am in control of the branch.”

Ms Le’s husband Marcus Lambert was president of the branch at the time.

The phone call came after an altercation about enrolling new members at the branch which led to police being called. Footage of that altercation was later provided to Channel 9’s A Current Affair and showed Ms Le was present.

On Tuesday morning, Ms Le confirmed her husband was still a Cabramatta Liberal branch official and said she could not remember the voicemail message, then denied having ever left such a message saying she had control of that branch.

Liberal sources have told Sky News Australia the voicemail message was sent to the Liberal party’s head office in 2019 as part of a complaint against Ms Le and it has not been acted on.

Ms Le was suspended by the Liberal party for 10 years for running for mayor as an Independent in 2016.

Three years later, it was reported then Premier Gladys Berejiklian had approached Ms Le to run for the Liberals for Cabramatta without success.

At the meeting in June 2019, police were called after a Liberal Matthew Hanna tried to have several other members admitted.

The suggestion Dai Le still had associations with the Liberals as little as three years ago comes after a range of allegations against the so-called teal independents who have Labor ties, particularly in relation to Jo Dyer, a former Labor candidate, who is running in Boothby, and Monique Ryan, who is running against Josh Frydenberg in Kooyong.

It also follows new polling obtained by The Daily Telegraph which shows Kristina Keneally’s polling has dropped in the seat and Dai Le has a solid chance of causing an upset.

Le was a candidate for the Liberal Party for the state seat of Cabramatta in a 2008 by-election.

Ms Keneally, the Shadow Home Affairs Minister, has failed previously at elections, failing to win the Bennelong by-election in 2017 before being gifted a Senate seat, and copping the worst ever result as NSW Premier at a state election in NSW in 2011.

http://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/federal-election/independent-dai-le-claimed-she-controlled-sydney-liberal-branch-in-2019-despite-party-suspending-her-three-years-earlier/news-story/4dc87a56ee3abe459fbe9ef540dbe091

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

My mother disliked Julia Gillard and never voted for her...

simply because she talked like a bogan...

She still does...

Ermm

Your mother, or Julia?
(Sorry, had to be said, move on)
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That's terrible Bob. You wouldn't catch Libs getting up to mischief.Shocked

Drawing moustaches on women candidates...Embarrassed

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

My mother disliked Julia Gillard and never voted for her...

simply because she talked like a bogan...

She still does...

Ermm

Your mother, or Julia?
(Sorry, had to be said, move on)

LOLLOL I knew I phrased it badly.

Listening  to Julia, today, all I could hear was that bogan twang...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:19pm
Albo's marginally less painful to hear. Does he have false teeth or a hearing problem?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:24pm
 something...

he needs to learn not to smile and talk at the same time...

a speech therapist told my daughter that...she said it causes multiple problems.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:27pm
Especially with false teeth, I'm guessing. My partner has been in the hearing industry for years so that's funny to me. The guy can't articulate his words for some reason, that's for sure.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:31pm

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That's terrible Bob. You wouldn't catch Libs getting up to mischief.Shocked

Drawing moustaches on women candidates...Embarrassed

I saw some classy graffiti today - someone had made a massive Josh F street poster look like he was lying with a touch of white and black postca pens on his eyes. Bit better than drawing penises etc.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Albo's marginally less painful to hear. Does he have false teeth or a hearing problem?
It’s tough watching him.
Just saw him with Leigh Sales.
She started with a few softballs.
Swing & miss
Swing & miss….
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:29pm
 I was just listening to Billy Slater. He sounds just like Albo...Confused
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:37pm
Like a Prime Minister?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:38pm
 not really. LOL 

They might have to fix those false teeth...

Albo''s, not Billy's...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223