Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Broodmare Transfer Fees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiterhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broodmare Transfer Fees
    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 7:53pm
This is my business user name, so I try to stay professional, but right now there's steam pouring out. I've just received 2 transfer of ownership forms of 2 broodmares purchased from online, not worried about that, but having to pay the $55 to transfer them. When did they start hitting up for that? Rather than getting into breeders for money to transfer, how about they ensure broodmares Studbook records are up to date before selling. Another fee I've had to fix up. They know how to sting the small guy. 

Edited by Gay3 - 16 Jul 2021 at 10:09pm
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:38am
You have entered at a very stringent time. Tracking of ownership for broodmares and foals. So $55 is the least of your worries. Mare not served, or served all attract fees to ASB. Foal declaration etc must be provided. Good luck. 
Petiterhapsody View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiterhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:39am
I've been breeding for years, and had bought one in April which didn't attract the transfer like this, so clearly part of the new rules. I'm just wondering why they choose to slug a new fee and where that's going? The grizzle about the Studbook was that perhaps as part of keeping house, ie above, their records should be completely up to date aswell, not breeding years unpaid or not lodged. 
 Post Reply Post Reply