Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Float/Transport Accidents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Wise words but they don’t bode well for the horses, or even the industry. Humans are their own worst enemy. The stand out phrase on syndicator pages is “Will go early”  not too much about any plan for its future if it’s slow or breaks down Confused
We all abhor those animal activists, but they are the only ones keeping the industry aware that people care about horse welfare and are watching what happens. Shame the racing industry couldn’t respect the animal that provides its life blood and act accordingly themselves. 
Breed from sound, well conformed stock and breed way less would be a good starting point. Example - how often do you see short cannon bones anymore?

The Missus bred me some lovely horses, short cannons was her prerequisite .........strong pasterns and an intelligent head........it worked, all winners and well homed afterwards.......
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 12:49pm
Wish I had a magic wand Bonjour, we could fix this Big smile
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 6:44pm
Spotted on FB & no idea if it's related to the above tragedy but Reykjavik is down as deceased.

Does any-one have any info on Reykjavik?Some-one posted in comments, after the Musswellbrook truck accident earlier this year, that Reykjavik hadn't survived the trip back to Perth. I can't find any info online, so not sure if it's true or not. ??
Jenny Barnes
Under RIP Maldivian someone commented the horse had died on the float trip back to WA

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 12:57pm

Bruce Highway is the 'Highway of Shame' with 761 crashes over 13 years

Located in Queensland, Australia, Bruce Highway is said to be one of the most dangerous roads of the country. The most dangerous elements for road are illegal and dangerous overtaking, and the road's length. It’s one of the Australian longest roads.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/australia-and-oceania/australia/5247-bruce-highway.html

Update from the accident.
Guys as some of you might have seen in the news we had a bad accident on the way to the races today near Ingham.
Thank goodness no body was seriously injured as the truck rolled over.
Unfortunately we lost one horse which is devastating.
The other 5 horses are with the vets and fingers crossed look to be ok.
We will have updates shortly.
Ares Racing Australia are dedicated to racing quality race horses. We are based in QLD. Our stables are based in North Queensland and South Queensland.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234