Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Property Market

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 12:39pm
Think poor old JJ has answered her own questions. She needs to watch her pennies after having to spend half her life in nice city hotels to get a free (?) swim. Totally understandable Confused

Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

You can get a single room split system you know. If you only want to cool one room that's the way to go.
Ok - you were taking my "window rattler" literally 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 12:42pm

But like jujuno says, you don't get many horribly hot days at Coogee. A good DC or ceiling fan will do.
How many hot /  sleepiness nights would you need to endure every summer to spend about 4k ?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 12:48pm
+ the cost of running it.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 12:57pm
Fair enough. 

From what I've read i doubt this would apply to JJ. She has all her swimming entrance fee savings anyway.

Air cons get a bad rap - not sure why. Bit like Cruising - similar people actually. Would never have one / do it - but have never had one / tried it

Weido's !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:21pm
I lived in that area for 4 years when I was a young fella. Dont remember ever feeling uncomfortable with heat, but of course that was pre global warming.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:40pm
Certainly not as hot as Lakemba ,Campsie that’s for sure. Being 50kg lighter would have helped as well PT
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 2:17am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Not your new expensive PC I hope, PT?

How much do your weekends at the Star cost you, jujuno? About the price of a new laptop I'm thinking. Certainly more than the cost of a new keyboard, installed by a nerd if necessary.
Exactly - & you could get a small window rattler air con up & running for not much more as well. Wouldn't have to rely on a puff of wind coming through to stay cool them

Almost sounds too logical.

Bingo  LOL

what a bore you are. Enjoy youur air-con and the massssive bill which naturally follows. I will continue making lovely memories with the money I save, not owning something pointless, and keep going to stay at five star hotels and resorts. 

I will die knowing I actually lived a life... 

Geek 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 2:32am

Fair enough. 

From what I've read i doubt this would apply to JJ. She has all her swimming entrance fee savings anyway.

Air cons get a bad rap - not sure why. Bit like Cruising - similar people actually. Would never have one / do it - but have never had one / tried it

Weido's !

Yep...beaches are free.  

I've already stated I've been on two cruises and was bored out of existence on them. I've always been an active person who dislikes being sedentary for any length of time. Youu are welcome to all the virus infected cruisses. Go for it.

I'm probably heading upstate, later this week, to a lovely resort with warm pools, a nice breakfast cafe, snooker and games room...and a jacuzzi on the balconyy of our penthouse. It has air-con...but we won't bother with it, becauuse our penthousse faces north and we should get lots of sun. Just what the doctor ordered for winter.

I can afford it because my electricity bills are low and I don't waste money on irrelevancies. 

Evil Smile  
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Mine was like that skipping and duplicating letters. Annoyed the bejesus out of me, more so the letters sticking and you get 100 U's or S's you have to delete. Got a new one for $32 problem solved.

I've got a new one, but I happen to like ussing thiss particular one, which travels well. I am a creature of habit. 

Letters ssticking is annoying, but it teaches patience, which I have...sometimess...Confused

Yin Yang 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:42pm

Think poor old JJ has answered her own questions. She needs to watch her pennies after having to spend half her life in nice city hotels to get a free (?) swim. Totally understandable Confused

For oneone's benefit...here is the air-con switch at our apartment...I like to see him be happy...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:44pm

natural air-con...out of city...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:46pm

having a 'free swim'. I only did ten laps as I'm recovering from a chest infection. 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:48pm
Who's the old bird in the water with you ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:50pm
 some old duck who can swim like a fish...Confused
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:51pm
 we have two spare bedrooms if you want to check it out...lol...

Hug

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 3:06pm
Aren't there any heated public pools in the eastern suburbs?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 3:26pm

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 4:20pm
Olympic aquatic centre on Tuesdays the go. Very few people in there - all sorts of water classes.

Free parking & entry with a seniors card Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:28pm

Looks good.

Des Renford pool is okay...but not in winter. And it don't have no hotel with a nice view and a spa bath.

We're happily holidaying at sunny Terrigal. 

Thumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:47pm
If the pool's not for sale, what on earth's it doing on this thread?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:49pm
 come on, Gay...it's winter and the property market is stalling.

I'm selling oneone an air-con, instead...

Evil Smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:06pm
"Des Renford pool is okay...but not in winter."

32' not warm enough for you?

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:36pm
 32 degrees?????

maybe in the indoor pool, where they hold the baby classes, learn-to-swim, squad swim etc.

try getting a lane there...impossible...unless you time it between one and two.

We used to go every week because my mother needed the walking lane to keep her going. 

We know the pools and all their quirks...

It's nice enough in summer, but we usually swim in the rock pools, then.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:44pm
Enclosed outdoor dome pool (approx. 32⁰C)

50 metre outdoor olympic pool (approx. 26⁰C - 28⁰C)

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:25pm
the outdoor dome pool is a kiddie pool.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:29pm
If your air con isn't on 16 and full blast then what's the point? Tongue
Time is a flat circle
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:32am
Oh,  fiddlesticks , JJ,,  who cares about the pool you are in.

animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:51am
 I do.

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123