Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stuart McGill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:15pm
Heard the one about Mark Waugh in India giving pitch reports to the local boo.............
Refer ALP Election Promises
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

So it would appear that McGill's (whether current or past) partner Maria has very recently sold the restaurant to one Tom Wisdom, though McGill continues as maitre d'.

This is sounding more like a domestic with/plus financial connotations.

Mind you none of this would get an airing if the alleged victim was Joe No-Name.  Wink

McGill wasn't that popular so this whole thing reminds me of that movie with Danny de vito and Bette midler. She got kidnapped and he refused to pay the ransom even when they dropped the asking priceLOLLOL
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:18pm

Marino Sotiropoulos, the brother of Stuart MacGill's partner Maria O' Meagher was also among those who were arrested by the police in connection with the alleged kidnapping.

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:29pm

So it would appear that McGill's (whether current or past) partner Maria has very recently sold the restaurant to one Tom Wisdom, though McGill continues as maitre d'.

This is sounding more like a domestic with/plus financial connotations.

Mind you none of this would get an airing if the alleged victim was Joe No-Name.  Wink
No, Wisdom recently bought a vineyard, and had a night featuring the wines at the restaurant.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:37pm
Correct Rusty - my bad. Cry  Current (or is it ex partner) is still owner.

And thanks for the scoop about the brother involvement Bob, even if that fact was posted on here quite some time ago.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:03pm
Before McGill's ( current ? )  relationship with Maria O'Meagher he was once married to Rachael Friend , who before marrying McGill was once amongst Craig McLachlan's four partners, two who were his wives.
McLachlan and Friend ,of course, were both actors on Neighbours.
McGill must have bowled Friend over to have gained her attention.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:08pm

Correct Rusty - my bad. Cry  Current (or is it ex partner) is still owner.

And thanks for the scoop about the brother involvement Bob, even if that fact was posted on here quite some time ago.  Wink

SC, but you gave a vague reference to the brother, I named him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:15pm
Actually Rusty was the one who quite specifically broke the news Bob, at which time you might have been otherwise busy ordering takeaway from the Toorak Turkish.  Big smile 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:16pm
Oh dear Bob,
Brother in this context, is not a vague term.
But congrats for being the detail man here, a marked difference to your particularly vague explanations on other topics.....

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:42pm

Actually Rusty was the one who quite specifically broke the news Bob, at which time you might have been otherwise busy ordering takeaway from the Toorak Turkish.  Big smile 

SC, you seem you confusing suburbs, there are no Turkish restaurants in Toorak, South Yarra yes ,but not in Toorak, and  BTW I never order takeaway from any restaurant.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:54pm
Gee am so glad for that clarification Bob.  Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:59pm
Bob, dealing with all the big issues....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 9:35pm
Rusty, WHAT BIG ISSUE WILL YOU WANT ME TO DISCUSS ?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 11:51pm
Holy moly.   But I did say early on it was dodgy.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Now Bob, don’t be like that.
We can all sleep at night, knowing which side of the South Yarra/ Toorak border a particular restaurant is located.
Also, knowing you don’t buy takeaway, what can be bigger than that.

Carry on old chapWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:01am
Rusty, as a Sydneysider you would not be that familiar with an intimate knowledge of the location of Melbourne restaurants, as I would be with those in Sydney, therefore I was only too happy to give you a leg up.Smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Now Bob, don’t be like that.
We can all sleep at night, knowing which side of the South Yarra/ Toorak border a particular restaurant is located.
Also, knowing you don’t buy takeaway, what can be bigger than that.

Carry on old chapWink

Rusty, carry on old chap, sure hope to. I count my blessings each day having survived acute appendicitis, prostate cancer, cardio arrhythmia during my lifetime. One day, with a bit of luck, you might overcome health issues and live long enough to receive a bagging from a 52 year old internet troll. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 5:03pm
POP!
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12