Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Malcolm Turnbull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Surely a News Corpse hack attacking Turnbull  has nothing to do with Turnbull being onboard Rudd's crusade to have Murdoch's massive and distorted media ownership in Australia examined? Rudd's petition to send to parliament to call for a Royal Commission is sitting at a record for a parliamentary petition of nearly 500,000 signatures. 

PT, that is disappointing that Rudd could only get 500,000 ABC & Fairfax supporters to sign that petition as I would have thought out of Australia’s 26 million population there were more than few than that.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"Just because Turnbull was personally involved with Wran and Waterhouse"

And I had a personal involvment with Abe Saffron because I once placed a bet with Bill waterhouse.
Did it win ?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Surely a News Corpse hack attacking Turnbull  has nothing to do with Turnbull being onboard Rudd's crusade to have Murdoch's massive and distorted media ownership in Australia examined? Rudd's petition to send to parliament to call for a Royal Commission is sitting at a record for a parliamentary petition of nearly 500,000 signatures. 

PT, that is disappointing that Rudd could only get 500,000 ABC & Fairfax supporters to sign that petition as I would have thought out of Australia’s 26 million population there were more than few than that.
I would sign it Bob LOL would you ? sadly us plebs don't count. Ouch 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"Just because Turnbull was personally involved with Wran and Waterhouse"

And I had a personal involvment with Abe Saffron because I once placed a bet with Bill waterhouse.

OMG. We're all conspirators....

I've put multiple bets on with him, as have a lot of others on here, I'm sure.

I know people who've been to one of Turnbull's parties at his house.

Now there's some interesting stuff for someone to investigate...LOL

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
back in the Navy days I had a beer with Abe, didnt know it at the time but we chatted over a beer in a very quiet bar in a side street of the cross. The barmaid told me after he left who he was. Seemed pretty  normal at the time however after watching the series i am glad it was just one beer. greed is bloody horrible thing. 
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm
Malcolm Turnbulls book is a real good listen.

He had the potential to be our best Prime Minister.

He really should have been in the Labor Party. 
reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:03pm
 of course he should have...he's always been Labor...

and Hawke also led the wrong party. If ever there was a closet Liberal, he was it...

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:13pm
If one looks at Hawke's achievements in economic policy, taxation reform, social and environmental policy, industrial relations and foreign policy you'll immediately realize that JJ's comment above is simply nonsensical.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:16pm
Name one Turnbull Labor policy?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Malcolm Turnbulls book is a real good listen.

He had the potential to be our best Prime Minister.

He really should have been in the Labor Party. 

Social policy perhaps but he’s a corporate warrior who economic beliefs see to be a long way removed from labor
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

If one looks at Hawke's achievements in economic policy, taxation reform, social and environmental policy, industrial relations and foreign policy you'll immediately realize that JJ's comment above is simply nonsensical.

I'm not talking about his achievements...I'm referring to his secret desire to be one of 'them'...

when he dumped Hazel and married Blanche, he got close to his dream...

Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 7:43pm
I imagine even some of those Sky After Dark critics will be watching Sky @ 8pm on Sunday to watch the program on the parallels between Rudd And Turnbull.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 7:54pm
I'd rather cut my foreskin off with a knife. 
reductio ad absurdum
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 7:57pm
LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I'd rather cut my foreskin off with a knife. 

Now we know you are not Jewish.Wink
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:47pm
Might improve his foresight though Confused don't you think. .?Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12