Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Steinem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 3:07pm
Great to see her crack it for a win 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:56pm
Do we think she is a dead set miler?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:06pm
No.

She's crying out for 2000m now. 

I think she can win good races at a mile if kept fresh. 
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 2:14pm
Trialling at Warwick Farm on Monday
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 11:26am
Any love for Steinem today in The Coast 1600m at Gosford today?

Was good 1st up over 1200m in the Birthday Card Quality and a forgive run in the Heavy 20 conditions in the Queen of the Turf over 1600m.

Probably prefer her over a tad longer trip but I think she is worth an each way bet today at double figure odds.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 7:24pm
By far the worst run of her career to date today, running last of 14 in the Lets Elope Stakes.  Sure 1400m is well short of her preferred trip but concerning that she didn’t let down at all in the straight.  Hope nothing amiss with her, as before today I had been thinking her 5yo spring would be a good campaign ahead.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 7:31pm
She was very agitated pre-race, which is unlike her.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 7:38pm
Off to stud on that Foxseal?

Some form out of her last win, four starts ago:

Quantum Mechanic (2nd) : unplaced in four subsequent starts.
Perfect World (3rd) : two starts for last at Bendigo and 2nd-last in a benchmark 70.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Off to stud on that Foxseal?
No way! Not unless there’s something physically amiss with her.

But let’s se the wash up from today’s effort.  Fingers crossed ok.  Would really like to see her tested at 2000m+ distance range.

Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 10:54pm

Race 7 FURPHY LETS ELOPE STAKES - 1400 metres:

Elusive Express - Underwent a pre-race veterinary examination and was passed suitable to race.

Rich Hips Late scratching at 3.48pm on veterinary advice after the mare became fractious in the saddling stalls. Rich Hips sustained a serious injury in that incident. Rich Hips was attended to by the RV Veterinary Surgeon and was humanely euthanized as a result of her injury. This incident will be referred to the Veterinary Services Department.

Steinem Fractious in the barrier. Underwent a veterinary examination and was passed suitable to race. Co-trainer David Eustace was notified a warning has been placed on the mares record.

Daisies Slow to begin.

Cuban Link Raced three wide without cover.

Fortunate Kiss Held up for clear running from the 500 metres until shifting out to obtain clear running approaching the 150 metres. When questioned, rider Harry Coffey explained that he elected to position his mount shortly after straightening to gain running between I Am Bene and Cuban Link as a run was presenting at this stage, however then closed due to Cuban Link shifting in and I Am Bene beginning to weaken. H Coffey added he expected I Am Bene to take him into the race, however, the mare failed to do so.

Yearning Held up for clear running passing the 600 metres before then shifting out passing the 350 metres to find clear running.

I Am Bene Disappointing. Rider Ben Melham could offer no explanation for the performance. A post-race veterinary examination revealed a slow recovery.

Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 10:32am
Frankel mare out to 2000m of the Matriarch Stakes for the first time since her 3yo days.

Each way at 20/1 I’ll have another nibble at her today.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 11:19am
Finally gets a Good rated track, have a feeling that's what she's been waiting for.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 1:37pm
She’s been confirmed as heading to Perth 
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 7:03pm
Having her next start in the Northerly Stakes (old Kingston Town) over 1800m on Dec 3rd.

That should be a good platform for the Van Heemst Stakes over 2100m & the Perth Cup at 2400m.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 2:47pm

Serlik (Steinem brother) set for new home in Iran

Half-million-dollar yearling Serlik failed to make the racetrack for Michelle Payne but the expensive purchase may still positively influence her growing stable.

Serlik made headlines when bought as a yearling by Sardar Azmoun, an Iranian footballer who contacted Payne after watching the film Ride Like A Girl, which depicted her journey to Melbourne Cup success aboard Prince Of Penzance in 2015.

The Frankel colt won an 800-metre Cranbourne barrier trial in March 2021 but required a wind operation and experienced a series of niggling issues which ultimately saw Payne end his racing career and start another chapter.

"He's currently standing at stud at my farm," Payne quipped.

Azmoun owns more than 50 horses across Iran and Australia and Serlik will soon be exported to Iran and reside on Azmoun's stud farm.

"He has built beautiful stables in Iran, has really good systems over there for his breeding and is really into it. He's excited to get him over there," Payne said.

The younger brother of Ciaron Maher and David Eustace's Group-winning mare Steinem, Serlik has served one retired broodmare on Payne's property and could possibly be mated with a second mare before relocating to Asia.

"I'm excited to be left with hopefully one, or possibly two, of his progeny. He has actually got a good genetic match up with the mare of mine he served," Payne said.

"It was so funny because I have somebody who does the match-ups for me and they said he was a really good match-up so who knows!"

Payne has 20 horses at her Ballarat property, having had that number reduced when her highest-rated horse, Pondus, sustained fatal injuries in a 1300-metre Ararat jumpout on November 7.

While the vacancy left by Pondus will be difficult to immediately fill, Payne has multiple horses - including Oubitsa and Arabica - who will be given their chance to progress through the grades over the summer.

"Arabica hasn't shown us a lot in her trials but I really think she has something to offer," Payne said of her imported German mare who was sired by Starspangledbanner.

"I'm hopeful that with another trial under her belt then we'll be able to get her to the races and see what she can do.

"Oubitsa is an unraced three-year-old colt that is about a month away. We also have a nice horse trialling this week called Lonrik, he's by Lonhro and his half-sister (Matron Bullwinkel) won during Melbourne Cup Week."

Azmoun was named in Iran's 2022 World Cup squad on Sunday, but his selection was the subject of controversy.

While the 27-year-old is among the country's highest-profile footballers, he disobeyed instructions from Iran's football federation which discouraged athletes from speaking out over the death of Mahsa Amini, who died in police custody in September.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 8:13pm
Well I was on my girl each way today, so very happy she clung into 3rd over Cascadian.

G1 placing is going to look really good on her pedigree page later in life as a brood mare.

Confess I just thought this was going to be a lead up run for the Van Heemst Stakes and the Perth Cup.  Now realised she’s not even entered for the Perth Cup.  Hopefully she sticks around in Perth for the Van Heemst anyway.  Perfect chance for her to get another black type win.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 8:08pm
She tried hard but that local gelding just fought too hard for her in the straight.  

Anyway she’s had a super campaign 5 starts for 3 placings (1 x G1 and 2 x G2).  

Hopefully a well earned break and see her back sometime in 2023.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 10:54am
Back to Melb for a beach freshen, Aus Cup the target 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 3:44pm
Bang
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 3:48pm
They’ve found that she’s got some breathing issues that has been holding her back this spring. So she’s now been retired and will be sold as a Broodmare in the Chairman’s sale. 
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 6:31pm
Have had a bit of success of her over the years.  She’s had a pretty good career, so look forward to her progeny coming though in a few years time.

With her pedigree & race track performance, I’m sure she’ll fetch a pretty penny at auction.  Aren’t Yulong just buying up every well performed race mare that comes on the market LOL
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 6:37pm
A bit average on the distaff side Foxseal, but still sure to bring plenty.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 10:36pm
Golly gosh you are a hard marker SC - the dam is a winning Dansili mare who has a Group winner with her only foal to race. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dams are all SW with great produce records.
They thought enough of the dam to export her back to UK to mate with Frankel again, and she has been imported back here in foal to him.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12