Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Tennis Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

To cop a booing at a rugby league grand final, the working man's game, Gough must have really been the nose, 12 months later Gough was dismissed by Kerr and at the following election the ALP was decimated. 
Watch Albo, history had a habit of repeating itself.

How much are you willing to stake?

WILL NOT HAPPEN WHILE DUTTON IS THE ALTERNATIVE.

Geek
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 1:03pm
I find it a shame when politically inspired posts outnumber those on player or team performances in almost every thread but I guess it's reflective of the general public these days Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 1:07pm
 Blame Bob...

LOL
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 1:07pm
I turned it off after the end of the 2nd set.😱

Luckily I came back later. Well done to the kid and Medvedev was totally washed and out on his feet.
That epic first point in the last set broke his will
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 1:52pm
Winner Winner Sinner Sinner
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 1:59pm
A lovely demeanour on the young man Sinner , not much " killer instinct " there , but will be a crowd puller , the younger brigade will be there in droves , he's got it!  ClapClapClap ps , long time since I've seen a red headed Italian , betcha he's from the north . Wink
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I find it a shame when politically inspired posts outnumber those on player or team performances in almost every thread but I guess it's reflective of the general public these days Disapprove

All on Bobby, who seemingly could turn any point of discussion into a way to give a kicking to Albo or Dan Andrews, or whoever the ALP figure he perceives to be closest to the issue.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

All on Bobby, who seemingly could turn any point of discussion into a way to give a kicking to Albo or Dan Andrews, or whoever the ALP figure he perceives to be closest to the issue.

Isn’t that widespread over this village and not isolated on BB?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 4:04pm
Diversion away from the topic, yes.

Diversion away from topic to complain about Albo or Dan, mainly Bobby.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Diversion away from the topic, yes.

Diversion away from topic to complain about TRUMMMMMMP Albo or DUTONNNNNNN Dan, mainly Bobby.

😆😆
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

A lovely demeanour on the young man Sinner , not much " killer instinct " there , but will be a crowd puller , the younger brigade will be there in droves , he's got it!  ClapClapClap ps , long time since I've seen a red headed Italian , betcha he's from the north . Wink

They are more German than Italian up there.

https://tennistonic.com/tennis-news/302051/it-was-difficult-speaking-italian-jannik-sinner/

He was born and raised in San Candido, a village in the Northeast region of Italy, where most people speak mainly German. When he was in his early teens, he moved to Liguria to train at the Riccardo Piatti Academy. Therefore, he used to live with Croatian coach Luka Cvjetkovic and his family with 2 other children.

During a recent interview with GQ, Jannik admitted that he used to struggle to talk in Italian. He said:

“They put me in the home of Luka Cvjetkovic, Croatian coach. He had two children and a dog, I felt at home. The only problem: the language. I had the basics of Italian. When Luka was not at home, I had to express myself in gestures with others.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 5:40pm
Or Austrian.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 7:13pm

Great to see our PM in the front row of the Men’s Final. 
I noted at the presentation ceremony after the match Todd Woodbridge, the master of ceremony, drew attention to the dignitaries at the game and mentioned Albo as the PM of Australia. Not unexpectedly the crowd reacted accordingly giving him a wholehearted "raspberry".Thumbs Up 
Just as an aside, when Albo was announced as an attendee at the 2023 presentation AO Men's final ceremony he was cheered by all those $200k battlers, but in 2024 those same $200k battlers wholeheartedly gave him the raspberry. Why do you suppose that change in heart?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

They are more German than Italian up there.

https://tennistonic.com/tennis-news/302051/it-was-difficult-speaking-italian-jannik-sinner/

He was born and raised in San Candido, a village in the Northeast
region of Italy, where most people speak mainly German. When he was in
his early teens, he moved to Liguria to train at the Riccardo Piatti
Academy. Therefore, he used to live with Croatian coach Luka Cvjetkovic
and his family with 2 other children.

During a recent interview with GQ, Jannik admitted that he used to struggle to talk in Italian. He said:

“They put me in the home of Luka Cvjetkovic, Croatian coach. He had two children and a dog, I felt at home. The only problem: the language. I had the basics of Italian. When Luka was not at home, I had to express myself in gestures with others.

What were the other sports/ careers he was interested in? He said his parents gave him freedom to decide between a few things?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 7:39pm

Just as an aside, when Albo was announced as an attendee at the 2023 presentation AO Men's final ceremony he was cheered by all those $200k battlers, Bob you disingenuously just made that up. but in 2024 those same $200k battlers wholeheartedly gave him the raspberry. Why do you suppose that change in heart? 

Don't believe there's a PM who hasn't been booed at sporting events: Howard was booed at practically every sporting event he attended, Turnbull at an NRL final, Abbott at another NRL final, Morrison at an AFL game and again at Shane Warne's memorial.  

No doubt other Labor pollies too, but with respect Bob you're becoming tiresome tagging such and everything else to the other side of politics.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 7:49pm

Great to see our PM in the front row of the Men’s Final. 
I noted at the presentation ceremony after the match Todd Woodbridge, the master of ceremony, drew attention to the dignitaries at the game and mentioned Albo as the PM of Australia. Not unexpectedly the crowd reacted accordingly giving him a wholehearted "raspberry".Thumbs Up 
Just as an aside, when Albo was announced as an attendee at the 2023 presentation AO Men's final ceremony he was cheered by all those $200k battlers, but in 2024 those same $200k battlers wholeheartedly gave him the raspberry. Why do you suppose that change in heart?

You were watching the project 😱😱😱😱
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Just as an aside, when Albo was announced as an attendee at the 2023 presentation AO Men's final ceremony he was cheered by all those $200k battlers, Bob you disingenuously just made that up. but in 2024 those same $200k battlers wholeheartedly gave him the raspberry. Why do you suppose that change in heart? 

Don't believe there's a PM who hasn't been booed at sporting events: Howard was booed at practically every sporting event he attended, Turnbull at an NRL final, Abbott at another NRL final, Morrison at an AFL game and again at Shane Warne's memorial.  

No doubt other Labor pollies too, but with respect Bob you're becoming tiresome tagging such and everything else to the other side of politics.

Can you level that charge against anyone else here?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 7:55pm

No, SC, here is what Afros posted earlier today "Also, ironic that you complain those at the lower end of the food chain don't need tax breaks yet use their financial position to have digs at them, like how they can't afford to attend the Aus Open final, yet "Bobbys $200k pa battlers" can afford to go,"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:04pm
Bob it's got nothing to do with what someone else posted about annual earnings.  The bottom line is that you made-up stuff about how Albo was supposedly "acclaimed" by the Open crowd in 2023.  

Any yes he was booed in 2024, but just accept that all politicians get the raspberry at sporting events and we can all move on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:10pm
"It was not until the age of 12 that Sinner, a national giant slalom runner-up as a junior, decided to focus solely on tennis."

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:15pm

Bob it's got nothing to do with what someone else posted about annual earnings.  The bottom line is that you made-up stuff about how Albo was supposedly "acclaimed" by the Open crowd in 2023.  

Any yes he was booed in 2024, but just accept that all politicians get the raspberry at sporting events and we can all move on. 

Despite what you may have seen or heard on Sky, what actually occurred in 2023 was a humorous verbal interaction between Albo and a crowd member that was played to the bigger audience.  All of whom had a good laugh and and a clap at the light-hearted exchange.
It wasn't as if they all stood and cheered Albanese when he entered the arena.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:23pm
SC, the presentation ceremony was AFTER the men’s final in both 2023 & 2024, that is when the PM is acknowledged by the master of ceremony.You mentioned he was cheered when he entered the stadium but that is irrelevant to what happened after the match in both years.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"It was not until the age of 12 that Sinner, a national giant slalom runner-up as a junior, decided to focus solely on tennis."

Thanks Tlaz , a good roundup of his personal life , family ties etc. the one thing I did notice was how " light on " he was in the timber department , skiing and such would build up the thighs , but he's as light as a cork , doesn't hinder his stamina though , a contrasting pair going ahead , Alcaraz and Sinner . 👍
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 8:12am
Thanks Tlaz. Missed yoir response while scrolling past the political stuff.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 8:24am
I first noticed Sinner and how skinny he is at the 2022 US Open where he took Alcaraz to 5 sets in the quarterfinals.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728