Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kuranda Input ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kuranda Input ?
    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:13am
Filly Kuranda , any thoughts on whether she could be a reasonable chance at being a commercial broodmare prospect , the team I  associated with acquired her at mm ready to run . 
Easier to find the thread later on if her name's in the title Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 24 Jan 2021 at 9:26am
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:46am
Funny that.  I once met the breeder of Snitzel who bemoaned that the mare line didn't appear to be breeding on.  But there was a good city winner (can't remember the name) this month who is going to black type soon.

Love to know what happened with Eloisa.  Carried a injury?  Didn't have the will to win.  Just wanted to run with the crowd.  No speed.  Something happened when she was young to spook her and she was one who ran her race before the start.  I mean Storm Cat blood is in the mix.  I don't know.

Of her foals I do De Claire (Not a Single Doubt) and Mediated (Dundeel) have won.  Two by Northern Meteor ran one place from 16 starts - not promising.  Two more were unnamed? 

So you have Snitzel, Hinchinbrook and Viennese to spike up the pedigree.  If you do take a chance with her I think you have to go to the Danehill sireline.  Really the best have come from that line.  Others have been tried but not so good or terrible results.  But that isn't such a burden to carry.  She only has the one line of Danehill (Danzero) through Eloisa (who knows what happened but she must of been a massive disappointment).  I think I'd go to the Redoute's line before some of the others just because the best came from him.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:52am
She'll certainly be commercial if she performs well Goldey, hailing as she does from a very nice female family.  However the dam hasn't produced much to date and that's why this one needs to race successfully for her to be immediately commercial as a broodmare.

This family displays are clear affinity with Snippets and Redoute's Choice, so it beggars belief that the owners have only once sent the dam to a stallion with that blood.  And that resulted in I Do De Claire, the best performed of her progeny.

Over to others.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:35am
I was also after some learned thoughts on Bobby's Kitten as I love his pedigree myself as a broodmare sire .
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:37am
Obviously having his genetics through the X chromosome. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:40pm
Well all I'd say is that by accident or design their decision to go back to a US bred sire to compliment US influences in Eloisa appears successful on paper at least.

We get Storm Bird 5m x 3f, In Reality 5m x f, His Majesty 6m x 6f, Tom Fool 6f,7m x 7m and siblings Sir Gaylord and Secretariat 6m x 6f all sex balanced.  And of course heaps of ND and Natalma.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:45pm
Can't remember for the life of me which one it was.  But one of the yearlings I've marked from Karaka.  Had four inbreedings in the fifth/fourth line and all were sex balanced.  I was amazed you could actually get them all balanced!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:56pm
It is impossible for a mare with this pedigree not to be commercial.

She could finish racing a 21 start maiden and still be commercial.

Unnamed  
Bobby's Kitten (USA)
Bay 2011
Kitten's Joy
Chestnut 2001
El Prado
Grey 1989
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Fairy Bridge
2-d
5-h
Lady Capulet
Grey 1974
Sir Ivor
Cap and Bells
8-g
1-l
Kitten's First
Bay 1991
Lear Fan
Bay 1981
Roberto
Wac
12-c
20>
That's My Hon
Chestnut 1983
L'Enjoleur
One Lane
4-g
2-d
Celestial Woods
Bay 2003
Forestry
Bay 1996
Storm Cat
Bay or brown 1983
Storm Bird
Terlingua
4-j
8-c
Shared Interest
Bay 1988
Pleasant Colony
Surgery
5-a
13-c
Celestial Bliss
Grey 1990
Relaunch
Grey 1976
In Reality
Foggy Note
21-a
3-o
North of Eden
Bay 1983
Northfields
Tree of Knowledge
4-r
3-h
Eloisa (AUS)
Bay 2004
Danzero
Bay 1991
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Confidentially
Bay or brown 1978
Kaoru Star
Chestnut 1965
Star Kingdom
Kaoru
1-g
31>
Idesa
Brown 1972
Idomeneo
Faresa
2-i
13-b
Snow Finch
Bay 1984
Storm Bird
Bay 1978
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
South Ocean
Bay 1967
New Providence
Shining Sun
9-d
4-j
A Realgirl
Bay 1976
In Reality
Bay 1964
Intentionally
My Dear Girl
5-j
21-a
Secret Verdict
Bay 1966
Clandestine
Scotch Verdict
18>
2-c
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer5m x 5m,4m Storm Bird5m x 3f In Reality5m x 4f
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:00pm
If she doesn't produce on the track she won't be immediately commercial, because there'll be absolutely no performance of note, let alone any black type, in the first two removes of her progeny.  Just imo.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:36pm
Part of the reason the team purchased her was i
My liking of her balanced pedigree , she ticked a few boxes , she was small but has surprised by her growth in the last 7 months , and fingers crossed she is an athletic girl , time will tell  . I personally like the In Reality duplication , hopefully she breaks the lean  record of the dams progeny . 
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:47pm
Other small negative was a bit light of bone , hopefully incremental training and  less stabling will improve this a bit  , 
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:51am
I would not be even slightly surprised if this filly turned out to be a miler or stayer.

Does Bobby's Kitten produce to his sire and deep female family (1800m +), or is the influence of his broodmare sire Forestry overwhelming?

This is the family of notable stamina influence Theatrical.  Except for Celestial Woods' foals, stakes production in this family starts at 1600m and goes up to 2400m.  Celestial Woods half-sister Celestial Candy produced a GP Carlos Pelligrini / GP Latinoamericano winner, the two most important races in South America, both at 2400m.  Another half-sister produced a 2400m Listed winner in France.  Further back are winners of the Coral-Eclipse stakes, Manhattan Handicap, Arlington Million, and English Champion stakes.  
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:15am
Certainly I had the opinion that that Bobby's Kittens family sort of average around the mile mark , and  maybe up to 2000m I think going back Pange produced an Arc winner, Then there is  Theatrical ,who Produced Media Puzzle , Portland Player Etc Certainly doesn't hurt the sire Descending from Tree of Knowledge.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:02am
Kicked off her race career today with an unlucky 3rd , upward and onward as she was not wound fully up for it , she would have to be the most affectionate horse I've been around , go girl .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:37am
She arguable should have won.

I would argue she is the best horse her trainer has ever had.

reductio ad absurdum
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 8:32pm
Bobby's Kitten had his first stakeswinner to very little fanfare in England over the Ascot carnival , with Sandrine winning a group 3 race  in very convincing manner .
 It will be interesting to see how he continues on, as I  love his pedigree .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 9:09pm
Bobby's going ordinary thus far.  Far behind Golden Horn in the 2nd season sires list, the latter mentioned in another thread.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 10:12pm
Definately , the foal numbers might be a telling factor also this far 

Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 10:42am
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

Definately , the foal numbers might be a telling factor also this far 

Foal numbers and mare quality.  Bobby's Kitten is standing at a smaller stud in the UK whose stallions are mostly bread-and-butter racehorses and the mare base reflects that.

Bobby's Kitten's UK foal crops for 2018 and 2019 are 77 and 70 foals, respectively, while Golden Horn got 100 and 101 in UK/IRE.  

Golden Horn's first books included:
  • A mare who produced two millionaires, including a winner of Gr-1 Canadian International 
  • A Dubawi daughter of US champion Country Star
  • A stakes-winning Diesis mare who produced a champion
  • A half-sister to Gr-1 winner Reckless Abandon and 2 other stakes horses
  • A sister to Sydney Cup winner Polarization
  • A Dansili half-sister to Daylami and Dalakhani
  • A half-sister to Magic Wand and Chiquita
  • EP Taylor (Gr-1 - CAN) winner Folk Opera
While Bobby's Kitten's first books included:
  • A Listed-winning mare who is a half-sister to Goodwood winner Illustrious Blue
  • A half-sister to a French Gr-3 winner
  • Unraced mare whose 2nd dam produced a Railway Stakes (IRE) winner
  • Stakes-placed daughter of a Listed winner
  • Listed-placed Teofilo daughter whose 3rd dam produced a Gr-2 winner
  • The best of the lot is the Gr-3 winning daughter of a Gr-3 winner, owned by the stud
Between smaller foal crops, lower mare quality, and owners who race their foals when they're ready, it's completely reasonable that Bobby's Kitten looks like he's not doing well relative to Golden Horn, and that he looks "average" so far.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 1:13pm
animals before people.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:27pm
Opportunities and numbers are very important , I'm sure the stud will continue to support him and  obviously had  a lot of faith to acquire him after the one run in Europe.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:28pm
Thanks for positive  input guys.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:52am
Trialled this morning , wasn't extended , hopefully racing in the next 3 weeks , spelled well, fingers and toes crossed . 
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 5:25pm
Nice solid win today , outside barrier and and all upward and onward .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 5:40pm
Great to hear Goldey.  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply