Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2021 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:26am
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

My 2021 list:
Bob Dole - 98 years = 12 points Cry
Jimmy Carter
Walter Mondale  - 93 years = 17 points Cry
Donald Trump
Mick Jagger
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
Liza Minnelli
Barbara Walters
Bert Newton - 83 years = 27 points  Cry
Geoffrey Rush

I think this might be the first year I've actually succeeded in my list. I feel a bit guilty Confused

With 6 days to run I'm on 56 points.

Ok time to tally results and determine a winner. Please post your scores as VSP has done above with score for each selection who carked it and a total score at the end. So far the 56pts above is the leader. 

Will Give until 6 January for scores to be posted then I will declare the winner based on this. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Joe Biden
Donald Trump
Dianne Feinstein
Bob Dole
Henry Kissinger
Rupert Murdoch
Larry King
Olivia Newton John
Jeff Bridges
Ron Paul

Bob Dole 98 = 12 points
Larry King 87 = 23 points.

35 total
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 9:07am
56 points beats me, with 42 points
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 11:27am
 my measly 30 points isn't worth mentioning...

LOL 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 11:30am
I'm getting mine around the 57 mark
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 1:06pm
1+1, around the 57 points? Either you do or you do not have 57 points, are you awaiting on some late departures ?
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 1:24pm
Prince Phillip   99
Olivia Newton-John
Mel Brooks
Jimmy Johnson (jockey)    92
Bobbie Charlton  
Clint Eastwood
Henry Kissinger
Angela Lansbury
Hal Holbrook       95
Geoffrey Boycott

11+18+15 -> 44

Not enough!
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 2:18pm
I only had Prince Phillip so won't bother the leaders
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 5:02pm
I had the dynamic duo of Bert and Phil so my 36 points falls short.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 5:13pm
Well c'mon.  Who's got the hearse in front?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 5:14pm
That should read "who's got the horse hearse in front?  Embarrassed
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

My 2021 list:
Bob Dole - 98 years = 12 points Cry
Jimmy Carter
Walter Mondale  - 93 years = 17 points Cry
Donald Trump
Mick Jagger
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
Liza Minnelli
Barbara Walters
Bert Newton - 83 years = 27 points  Cry
Geoffrey Rush

I think this might be the first year I've actually succeeded in my list. I feel a bit guilty Confused

With 6 days to run I'm on 56 points.

Ok time to tally results and determine a winner. Please post your scores as VSP has done above with score for each selection who carked it and a total score at the end. So far the 56pts above is the leader. 

Will Give until 6 January for scores to be posted then I will declare the winner based on this. 

Well it seems no one has come forward with a higher score so VSP is declared the winner for 2021. Will shoot you a PM to discuss the $20 bonus bet and then advise here what the selection is. Bob - if you could get in touch with VSP also and then advise the forum what bottle/s of wine you have sent her.  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 7:15am
Bob - VSP has send me a message suggesting you may in fact have a higher score. Can you please go back over your posts at the beginning of this thread and give us a total based on your final entry. You may have changed selections a few times so can you please quote the actual post. I’m travelling for the next couple of weeks so will finalise if I get the chance in a few days or when I get back. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:01pm
No response from Bob so still calling VSP the winner. Will organise the $20 bonus bet via PM shortly. Bob - please organise the wine for VSP. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:16pm
My wine was for the 2022 winner, not 2021. I made that offer late in 2021, not in January 2021
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

My wine was for the 2022 winner, not 2021. I made that offer late in 2021, not in January 2021
I stand corrected along the way in 2021 I said I would give a bottle of wine to the runner up. Did I finish second , if that is the case I will give it to who finished third.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 12:11am

I stand corrected along the way in 2021 I said I would give a bottle of wine to the runner up. Did I finish second , if that is the case I will give it to who finished third.

Bob - you WON. I finished second!
Your Pierre Cardin tip had to be replaced, which you did with the following post:
Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

It is getting to the end of 2020 so before I forget I have put in my entries for 2021.

Christopher Plummer
Sidney Poitier
Mel Brooks
Dick Van Dyke
Eva Marie Saint
Angela Lansbury
Pierre Cardin
Ian Meckiff
Alan Davidson
Paul Hogan

I got Pierre Cardin correct in my 2020 list, so I am replacing him with a relative youngster in Bill Lawry he is only 83 .Wink

Late Mail :

In view of the death rate of those 1966 English soccer players , I have changed my Bill Lawry selection to Ron Flowers. 

For crying out loud, could you make it any more complicated Confused

Just doing this would have been clearer:
Christopher Plummer
Sidney Poitier
Mel Brooks
Dick Van Dyke
Eva Marie Saint
Angela Lansbury
Pierre Cardin
Ron Flowers
Ian Meckiff
Alan Davidson
Paul Hogan

www.snowshoecats.webs.com
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:17am
 Yes. With Chris Plummer (19 points), Ron Flower (23 points) and Alan Davidson (18 points), Bob was the winner with 60 points.

He just missed on Poitier, too, by six days.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 12:35pm
So I believe, anyhow , in view of my prior comments do I get to keep my own wine or do I give it to someone else, and do I get the winner's voucher or should I just call it quits ?
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 12:48pm
LOL, I think you get both winners prizes. Well done Clap

ps But do show us a photo of the wine!
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 1:29pm
Ok in light of Bob finally showing up I’m happy to declare him the winner. 

Bob - I will reply to your PM this afternoon with instructions on how the $20 bonus bet will work. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 8:47am
Ok Bob has had his bonus bet on Sandown race 4 #1 Green Belt today. On at $2.5 which is much higher than it is now. Gl Bob. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 6:07pm
E & E. you can put that $1000 collect onto the Libs to win the federal election.WinkWink
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 6:28pm
I thought you were good at maths BB? Tongue
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 7:10pm
Nice one Bob. Take a bow for being the first winner to get a collect from their bonus bet. Happy to give you the $30 or bet it for you. Will PM you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728