Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

My each-way strategy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My each-way strategy
    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 12:37am
Hi,

I start my strategy of each-way betting by selecting all horses which have a minimum of 4 stars about their star rating and all horses which have a 50% or better record at CD, D, G or S

(These informations are in orange on the website attheraces.com, example with Five Diamonds with CD and S at Newcastle today at 15:20).

I have created a script that extracts the horses according these infos, my goal would be to add all important criteria to be taken into account and the script then automatically selects the horses according to these criteria.

I don't know if my current criteria are sufficient, please would you tell me what do you think about my strategy ?

rocketter View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 8:56pm
Nobody ? If you could have a logarithm which would extract horses according to key criteria, what would these criteria be ?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:00pm
Tho' a few bet on UK racing most favour our Aus product which could well be the reason for the lack of interest - just guessing tho' Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
rocketter View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 10:01pm
Oh ok Embarrassed is it possible to move my topic into another more appropriated ?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 10:26pm
rocketter, don't back anything based on a formula like that, unless it has a proven record of being in profit. Have you checked it out, along those lines ? Or have you formulated it, based on past results ?
rocketter View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:32pm
I've never said that my formula is profitable, for now I test on paper and I'm just trying to optimise it so that it is, hence my question to know the important criteria to be taken into account in addition to those I listed in my first post
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 10:17am
The important criteria are those that tend toward profit, and from what I know on the subject, there are not many that do, and those that do, sometimes would not seem that applicable, but are. The only way is to examine them individually, over a decent trial period, which you can do retrospectively, if you can access a database ( sure to be some available in the UK, I looked at "Flatstats" at one time, don't know what is around now). I would also be more inclined to give importance to the win return, rather than the place. However, any method that is even moderately ahead for the place, is likely to be better for the win only. But you will find that out yourself quickly enough. Also, be aware that factor analysis is pretty well tilled ground, not a lot has not been uncovered, but you can still find combinations of factors that are profitable, but these are niches, not broad-scale selections. Also, be aware that there is a lot of overlap between factors, few are independent variables.
 Post Reply Post Reply