Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Baghdad Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baghdad Bob
    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:23am
A thread for all the political and business issues that stress Bagdad Bob out.

BAGHDAD BOB (AUS)
Bay gelding 2000 
Clear Choice
Bay 1983
Raise a Native
Chestnut 1961
Native Dancer
Grey 1950
Polynesian
Brown 1942
Unbreakable
Black Polly
4-i
14-a
Geisha
Grey 1943
Discovery
Miyako
23-b
5-f
Raise You
Chestnut 1946
Case Ace
Bay 1934
Teddy
Sweetheart
2-n
1-k
Lady Glory
Brown 1934
American Flag
Beloved
7>
8-f
Famed Princess
Bay 1973
Nashua
Bay 1952
Nasrullah
Bay 1940
Nearco
Mumtaz Begum
4-r
9-c
Segula
Bay or brown 1942
Johnstown
Sekhmet
17-b
3-m
Copper Princess
Bay 1957
Princequillo
Bay 1940
Prince Rose
Cosquilla
10-c
1-b
Copper Hill
Bay 1946
Case Ace
Brittany
1-k
9-f
Sea Wraith
Bay 1989
Arctic Lord
Bay or brown 1980
Lord Gayle
Bay 1965
Sir Gaylord
Bay 1959
Turn-To
Somethingroyal
1-w
2-s
Sticky Case
Chestnut 1958
Court Martial
Run Honey
1-p
9-h
Arctic Chimes
Bay 1967
Arctic Slave
Bay 1950
Arctic Star
Roman Galley
10-c
7-f
Bell Bird
Chestnut 1954
Mustang
Belpatrick
3-b
23>
Light Promises
Chestnut 1971
Small Time#
Chestnut 1956
Smokey Eyes
Chestnut 1947
Stardust
Celestial Light
16>
13-a
Red Garter
Chestnut 1952
Pamphilos
Vaninka
6-d
3-a
Revenant
Grey 1965
Grey Ghost
Grey 1957
Vilmorin
Silver Strap
7-d
2-b
St Fleur
Bay 1947
St Magnus
Helianthe
13-e
2-g
 Ancestor duplications:Case Ace4f,5f x
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:37am
Wish i had my own thread named after me - very few achieve it - so well done Baghdad  Clap.  Means you've made the grade , got the goods , rule the roost - if you know what I mean.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:40am
I have one. Big smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:42am
I've been impressed by the way he has transitioned from Racing / Punting expert in the Racing Section to a member able to comment at the highest level on all sorts issues - & in a balanced & fair way. Its rare to find someone with that sort of flexibility these days
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I have one. Big smile
I know you have PT. Yours is more "perseverance" based I think LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I've been impressed by the way he has transitioned from Racing / Punting expert in the Racing Section to a member able to comment at the highest level on all sorts issues - & in a balanced & fair way. Its rare to find someone with that sort of flexibility these days

StarStarStar
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 2:01pm
Does having a thread named in my honour or dishonour qualify me for anything? Thanks to those who have honoured the naming of this thread any other compliments would be appreciated.Wink

After having spent 35 years of my life attending racetracks I have found this forum a way of expressing right wing points of view, that I could never thought about or even contemplated in the past. 

I would spend 5 days a week travelling all around Victoria, with occasional flights to interstate meetings.One day in Ballarat, the next at Sale, then fly to Casterton on the SA border, then on to Caulfield, week in, week out. I guess I am one of the few punters who made a good living out of the punt and set myself and family up for life and now have the time to contribute to TBV.

BTW, PT, I was the one that started that thread on your good self, although, because of lack of interest, I think it finished up in the laundry basket
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 4:49am
I put him in my Black book ....   

But my day is coming , I have applied to sing the National Anhem at the Trump wins a second Term , announcemenT.

On he same bill as PT is blurting out the Lord's Prayer .       Rusty will have the air waves for " Please Forgive Me " =   Talking of Sweden hahaha.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Does having a thread named in my honour or dishonour qualify me for anything? Thanks to those who have honoured the naming of this thread any other compliments would be appreciated.Wink

After having spent 35 years of my life attending racetracks I have found this forum a way of expressing right wing points of view, that I could never thought about or even contemplated in the past. 

I would spend 5 days a week travelling all around Victoria, with occasional flights to interstate meetings.One day in Ballarat, the next at Sale, then fly to Casterton on the SA border, then on to Caulfield, week in, week out. I guess I am one of the few punters who made a good living out of the punt and set myself and family up for life and now have the time to contribute to TBV.

BTW, PT, I was the one that started that thread on your good self, although, because of lack of interest, I think it finished up in the laundry basket

I guess you travelled around to get access to bookies in those days.

Super effort, many would have had dreams of doing that.

By the way how much money did you make Smile
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 12:25pm
I did not bet with bookies, I only bet on the tote playing the overs. In those days there was a differential margin between the tote odds and the bookies, so I was able to exploit that margin across all bet types on the tote.Unfortunately over the years as the on course bookies became weaker the differential fell away and today the on course market, especially at provincial meetings, is irrelevant.
I made enough, after being taxed as a pro punter, to invest my winnings wisely and set myself and family up for life.
I was never a punter, as such, more of a numbers man, I never studied form and still have no idea of reading form and only bet on horses that were over the odds, and have not had a bet on the TAB for years.
As I got the equivalent of $2.50 on heads in a coin toss over a period of years , it is not difficult to see how I was able to win over all those years.
Others had tried the same but let sentiment, opinion , form etc into their betting and most fell by the wayside.Very few had the self discipline to back horses they did not think could win, which I had no difficulty doing because I had no idea who could or could not win.
whohitya View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whohitya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 2:16pm
I can see why you have a thread started in your name Bob. Beat them at their own game.
 Post Reply Post Reply