Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency cont.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Rhino Rhino wrote:

I'm actually starting to hope that Mr Trump wins the next election. That way, he serves his term and rides off into the sunset. If he loses, we get another four years of dribble. 
not sure he would step down after 4 Rhino. from my understanding(apologies if wrong) once he is finished as president the trials start again. 
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 3:49am
The 12 jury members & 6 alternates have now all been selected although that could still change on Monday.

However, as the reporter outside the court was giving these details, she noticed a man had set himself on fire. The fire was put out & he received medical attention. I'm not sure about his condition. Was it a protest or an unrelated suicide attempt?

Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:28am
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Grey Affair Grey Affair wrote:

The 12 jury members & 6 alternates have now all been selected although that could still change on Monday.

However, as the reporter outside the court was giving these details, she noticed a man had set himself on fire. The fire was put out & he received medical attention. I'm not sure about his condition. Was it a protest or an unrelated suicide attempt?

It's New York City and lord only knows what motivates New Yorkers. Could have been a cold homeless person need of some heat.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 6:46am
very compassionate Shammy - sounds like a comment Trump would make.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 7:48am

This is the man. Conspiracy nut.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 8:12am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

LOL Maybe. Very few yanks living outside NY State can enlist compassion for NYC. It dominates our national news and like Chicago, Philadelphia,  LA, San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland it makes we yanks look like horrible people. If you are obsessed with compassion visit the Vatican, because no one rates OZ high on the compassion scale either.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 8:34am
Who poured the treacle into the server?Dead

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:46am
 I didn't realise there was a compassionate scale.

Perhaps, Shammy might enlighten us who tops the chart. 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

LOL Maybe. Very few yanks living outside NY State can enlist compassion for NYC. It dominates our national news and like Chicago, Philadelphia,  LA, San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland it makes we yanks look like horrible people. If you are obsessed with compassion visit the Vatican, because no one rates OZ high on the compassion scale either.

This just reads like you think any progressive areas make the USA look bad, which marries up with your conservative ideologies.

It must really hurt you to know that they are largely the areas also holding your nations economy up.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

. . . It must really hurt you to know that they are largely the areas also holding your nations economy up.
 LOLLOLLOL  You really don't know much about the states, do you?  You see a post that you don't agree with, so you post an ignorant knee jerk reaction to it.  The cities mentioned above our major residential, financial, IT,  education. high crime centers, but they produce little in the form of manufacturing, marketable goods, technology hardware, agriculture, and safe living areas that holds our economy together.  TBV really needs PT back to keep your facts straight.  You certainly might benefit from his reappearance.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:44pm
PS: Don't think for a moment I miss PT.  Though he has never been to the states, it is apparent that he is informed about we yanks.  He is TDS biased, but informed which is better than most of the posse that produces TDS biased and unbelievably uninformed posts.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Australia's offshore migrant detention centers certainly  kept the world aghast some years back.  Compassionate beachfront living for the unwanted, were they? 

Here's a scale for you.  I see the USA, but not OZ.Shocked

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/countries-ranked-empathy-tendency-imagine-another-point-rob-curedale-
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 1:46am
are you MAGA or ultra MAGA Shammy ?

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 6:30am
Fiddles are you just fiddled or just really fiddlefrucked up?Wink Get some sleep.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:08am
Shammy is correct. Most Aussies will never understand how its possible for a rejected president to try and overturn and election. It's just implausible for us.
And then for that same rejected loser to be the running candidate for the next election. That we just can't get our heads around. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:38am

Australia's offshore migrant detention centers certainly  kept the world aghast some years back.  Compassionate beachfront living for the unwanted, were they? 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/countries-ranked-empathy-tendency-imagine-another-point-rob-curedale-

All subjective. Depends on your political viewpoint. 

Where is the empathy for all the women Trump has defamed?

Censored 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:39am

Just out of interest...whomever compiled the empathy list...did they own a gun?

Thumbs Down
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:54am
 Let's get real. You are saying that America...who has endless mass shootings because they refuse to legislate gun control...who puts up walls at borders to stop illegal migrants entering...who separates children from their parents at those borders...who supports a man for president who has no morals and no conscience about inciting an insurgence on the national capital...who sat back and waited until two world wars had killed millions, before entering the fray and helping...who promotes drug use and violence in every second movie made in Hollywood........is more empathetic than Australia...who sends illegal immigrants to an island, to attempt to prevent another mass drowning by boat people...

GOT IT.

Ermm 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 10:04am
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 10:24am

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

. . . It must really hurt you to know that they are largely the areas also holding your nations economy up.
 LOLLOLLOL  You really don't know much about the states, do you?  You see a post that you don't agree with, so you post an ignorant knee jerk reaction to it.  The cities mentioned above our major residential, financial, IT,  education. high crime centers, but they produce little in the form of manufacturing, marketable goods, technology hardware, agriculture, and safe living areas that holds our economy together.  TBV really needs PT back to keep your facts straight.  You certainly might benefit from his reappearance.

Reported GDP per capita suggests otherwise, but feel free to keep telling yourself that states with a GDP per capita at not much more than half states containing the areas you mention above are the real powerhouses if you wish.

I'll work with facts and figures, you work with desires and dreams all you wish.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 10:28am

Let's get real. You are saying that America...who has endless mass shootings because they refuse to legislate gun control...who puts up walls at borders to stop illegal migrants entering...who separates children from their parents at those borders...who supports a man for president who has no morals and no conscience about inciting an insurgence on the national capital...who sat back and waited until two world wars had killed millions, before entering the fray and helping...who promotes drug use and violence in every second movie made in Hollywood........is more empathetic than Australia...who sends illegal immigrants to an island, to attempt to prevent another mass drowning by boat people...

GOT IT.

Ermm 

It's amazing how great you can consider something without knowledge on the fact, say if you and I played tennis against each other and didn't play, or even watch, any other tennis players, we'd reasonably consider ourselves 1 and 2 in the world (I'll let you be 1 as I'm sure you were quite the tennis talent as well Big smile

Shammy is the citizen of a nation equivilent of said tennis players, as he proudly hoists that flag up the pole out front each morning, quietly and solemnly humming God bless America while occasionally wiping tears from his eyes, he cannot see, thus is not aware, that any nation could be greater than the one on whos soil he stands.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 10:47am
 Most Americans I have met barely even know Australia exists...

It is the most insular country on this planet. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 12:15pm

Mike Pence: Donald Trump Has Betrayed the Pro-Life Movement

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/20/opinion/donald-trump-abortion.html

When it comes to abortion policy, America today appears closer to communist China and North Korea than to the nations of Europe. By prohibiting late-term abortions after 15 weeks, America can move away from the radical fringe and squarely back into the mainstream of Western thought and jurisprudence.

That’s why it was so disheartening for me to see former President Trump’s recent retreat from the pro-life cause. Like so many other advocates for life, I was deeply disappointed when Mr. Trump stated that he considered abortion to be a state-only issue and would not sign a bill prohibiting late-term abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy, even if it came to his desk.

Now, not only is Mr. Trump retreating from that position; he is leading other Republicans astray. One recent example is an Arizona Republican running for the U.S. Senate, who followed Trump’s lead and pledged to oppose a federal ban on late-term abortions. When our leaders aren’t firmly committed to life, others will waver too. Courage inspires imitation. So does weakness.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 12:19pm
Reader comment on Pence article above:

OBGYN here. Pence's essay on right to life should not have been published without fact checking. There is so much misinformation included that it is difficult to know where to start. Let's put it out front and center that <1% of abortions in the US occur after ~21 weeks gestation. Also, no abortions occur "up to the moment of birth", and in fact it would be illegal to do so. Please, please read this summary from the Kaiser Family Foundation to obtain accurate information - and shame on NYT to leave it to readers to do the fact checking: https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/issue-brief/abortions-later-in-pregnancy-in-a-post-dobbs-era/

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 12:22pm

LOL  That is so true.  I remember working on a U S Base in the U K and hearing all the troops talk about going back to " The Real World ", meaning the USA .LOL
animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 1:35pm

JJ you are most likely correct, but how many Australians know much about Norway or Peru or Bolivia ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 2:27pm
 Should we know about them?

Actually, I reckon Aussies are more knowledgeable about other countries than most other countries. 

Confused 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 14 minutes ago at 2:59pm
“Unlike at Columbia University where the Radical Left Palestinian Protesters sat on the Front Lawn, practically took over the School, and screamed, ‘Death to the Jews, Death to Israel, Death to America,’ and nothing happened to them, Lower Manhattan surrounding the Courthouse, where I am heading now, is completely CLOSED DOWN,” Mr. Trump posted on Truth Social. “SO UNFAIR!!!”Cry

The area was not, in fact, completely closed down. The courthouse has remained open to the public, including spectators who want to attend the trial, pool cameras in the hallway — and even the sidewalk in front of the courthouse has remained open to pedestrian traffic. Twenty minutes later, Mr. Trump compared the courthouse to “an armed camp.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/22/us/politics/trump-trial-protests.html

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451