Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Blog July 11 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Blog July 11 2020
    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:06pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 12:38pm
Awful day weather-wise in Melbourne.  If they allowed patrons into Caulfield the gatekeepers would still outnumber the punters.

Some quads just for interest but might struggle to find more than a couple of winners:

Early quad: 3//2,8,11,18//5,8//2,7
Quad: 1,2//1,2,3,6//1,2,4//6,14.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 1:11pm
I would like to see Malea Magic run well in the last in Sydney today.  
animals before people.
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 1:25pm
AA, trainer of Malea Magic, is RR Milligan. It does not seem that long ago that Milligan and jokey Brad Pengilly had a combination that won race after race up in Northern NSW. Haven't had that much success of late though. Is this the same trainer? Good luck today.
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 1:32pm
LOL SC. Think you have a scratching in the first leg of your quad. #2
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 1:59pm
Thanks Rhino.  A typo on my behalf: should read 1 and 3 in the first leg.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:35pm
Liked the look of Mister Yeoh in the yard
Not sure how he’ll handle this surface though 
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:46pm
Good luck to the connections of Andrea
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Rhino Rhino wrote:

AA, trainer of Malea Magic, is RR Milligan. It does not seem that long ago that Milligan and jokey Brad Pengilly had a combination that won race after race up in Northern NSW. Haven't had that much success of late though. Is this the same trainer? Good luck today.

Rhino. R ( Bob) Milligan had a terrible horse related accident awhile back now,  and is beyond much of anything any more.   His son is doing the training but still under R,s name even tho I believe the son holds his own licence. 
Yes, Bob M and Pengilly were a strong combo.  MM isnt mine but am mates with owners/breeders so would like to see them crack it. 
animals before people.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:28pm
Has the Queensland TAB (Ubet) discontinued offering Trebles? They were in operation last Saturday but I can't find any mention this weekend.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:40pm
That would be somewhat historic, if they have, after nearly 50 years.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:43pm
e-mail addressed to a member of another forum

"Hi Maximus,
As a fan of exotic bets, we wanted to share that from Tuesday 7 July 2020 we will be pausing two products for a short time. This pause will impact:
•   Treble
•   FootyTAB
These changes are only temporary, however. We're looking forward to re-launching both very soon along with some exciting new changes.
Why are we changing these bet types?
We continually review the use and popularity of various products. We need to pause Treble and FootyTAB for a little while to make way for some exciting new changes over the coming months.
When are we pausing these bet types?
These changes will occur on Tuesday 7 July 2020."
Modify message
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:47pm
Thanks for that, Horlicks!
Thumbs Up

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:04pm
LOL...they need to "pause" them. I seriously believe that Tabcorp is one of the least competent major companies in Australian corporate history, and if it wasn't for their tote monopoly, would have gone bust long ago.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:09pm
I've had trouble getting racenet all arvo, is it the same for others who may use is for form & results?

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:18pm
The advantage I find with the TAB is that you have no trouble collecting your winnings, unlike the corporates.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:19pm
Years ago I knew a bloke who would put $3-4k into the Saturday treble, way back in the 70's, that tells you how popular it was, the pool was hundreds of thousand even them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The advantage I find with the TAB is that you have no trouble collecting your winnings, unlike the corporates.
I've never had any trouble collecting, but in continuance of betting, another matter.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I would like to see Malea Magic run well in the last in Sydney today.  

Bugga.   Ran well and beaten by a tiny bit.  
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Grey Affair Grey Affair wrote:

Has the Queensland TAB (Ubet) discontinued offering Trebles? They were in operation last Saturday but I can't find any mention this weekend.

I notice this week at least one of Southern TABs are now offering trebles. I like having the option of reinvesting in a treble if the first leg of my quaddy goes down the gurgler.
Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply