Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus Hoarding Madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:42pm
LOL So you do not need this joint to kick you whilst you are down ? 
reductio ad absurdum
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:06pm
I've finally seen a "professional" explanation for the toilet paper stampede, it was, according to some psychologist, a way for people to have at least something in their life they could exercise control over, in uncertain times. Yeah, right.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

That reminds me of my daughter saying "dad, you need to lose 10kg of that ugly fat" - with my wife adding "chopping his head off should do it"  LOL
Two birds one stone......

Would have improved your personality at the same timeWink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:28pm
That's very funny Rusty - for you anyway  LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:58pm
Took a virus to get Rusty from under the sulking Rock , then he comes out with an unprovoked attack on our rusted on Rightard , Sir One One Sxit.

All wives want our heads off after 5 years.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:14pm
Macca, knowing you as a supporter of safe sex and an allegedly active participant have you found there's been a sudden rush on condoms?

Because with high unemployment, don't go out recommendations and work from home protocols there'll surely be a huge spike in birth around Christmas unless people take adequate precautions.  Shocked
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:54pm
Yes I stocked up...   Found it hard to get many Mazda wheel Tubes and I don't quite make it for the Mac Truck size.
I Will have to re cycle if business picks up to the expected extent.

This Gigolo job makes it hard , most times, so i won't have much time on my hands.    I'll soldier ON, none the less.

JJ won't get that one.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 3:49pm

Massive 42 tonne fatberg discovered in a Melbourne drain after toilet paper shortage

A massive 42 tonne fatberg has been discovered in a Melbourne’s drain, prompting calls for Melburnians to be mindful of what they flush down the toilet.

The fatberg, a mass of wet wipes, rags, paper towels and other foreign material, which mix with fats, oils and grease, was found in a Wallan sewer this week after panic buying led to a shortage of toilet paper.

Yarra Valley Water managing director Pat McCafferty says there has been a 30 per cent increase in foreign materials flushed down Melbourne toilets due to the toilet paper shortage.

Mr McCafferty told 3AW’s Kate and Quarters the Wallan fatberg is “massive”.

“It’s bigger than a petrol tanker,” he said.

“It took our crew, a crew of about eight people, nine hours to remove the thing!”

If fatbergs remain undetected in sewers they cause residential blockages, or sewage spills.

“None of us want that,” Mr McCafferty said.

Press PLAY below for more.

https://www.3aw.com.au/massive-42-tonne-fatberg-discovered-in-a-melbourne-drain-after-toilet-paper-shortage/

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 11:52am
from a news report on hoarders...
"I had my first customer yesterday who said he wanted to get a refund on 150 packets of 32-pack toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser,” Mr Drake says.
“I told him that,” the supermarket boss added as he flipped his middle finger at the screen.
“That is the sort of person that is causing the problem in the whole country.”
Mr Drake later told 7News the man wanted to return the items because his eBay site had been shut down.
He claims the man had a team of 20 people buying up the items.
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 5:33pm
I think they used to shoot black marketeers in the war.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 5:43pm
Am almost reliably informed that hoarding manufacturers have been hoarding hourdings. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123