Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2020 - 24 Aust & NZ Jumps Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 3:55pm
Possibly, all these years blend into one sometimes LOL thanks for the other info though.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 12:15pm
First jumps meeting for the year today at Warrnambool.

Gai has got the red hot fave in R1 with Teofilo Star, who on last seasons form romps this in.

Pretty plain lineup in R2 & would be surprised if any of these graduated to better races later in the season.  

R3 is the steeplechase & has attracted a really good quality field. Instigator has been an above average hurdler in past seasons & makes his debut over fences today.  I’ll be backing him to beat the fave Nelson.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 3:51pm
See Teofilo Star came down, however the footage has been deleted by Racing.com.  Anyone have any details?

And Instigator wins after Nelson also has a fall.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 4:18pm
'They' said he appeared to slip on landing & the other horse went over the top. Campbell with a suspected collarbone & Karu ok after the Nelson fall. Missed how any of the horses are but prob. that's good news.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 4:19pm
Interesting that the TAB site has the full replay there.
Looked a very bad fall  
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 4:41pm
shocking fall, hope cam will be ok.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 4:42pm
the 2 horses in race 1 galloped and got caught by the clerk
I am not sure how Nelson is but didn't look good from my angle.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 5:22pm
He didn't , bungled the one before he fell at the next , not good . 
QuizAbout View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuizAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 5:42pm
Any update on Nelson?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 5:43pm
Teofilo Star & Nelson have pulled up lame in their off foreleg’s so they’ll need vet clearances before racing again.

Not sure about Serenade the Stars but he looked ok trotting around after being brought down when Teofilo Star fell.

Real international flavour to the winners today:

R1 - Crosshill (Ireland)
R2 - Calvi (Great Britain)
R3 - Instigator (Germany)

My only bet today was Instigator, but thought I was very lucky to collect - was certain that protest was going to be upheld Embarrassed
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 6:28pm
Saw Eric as I was walking back to the horse stalls and he said his horse is ok, bit bruised and battered but otherwise ok
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 3:59pm
Cam having surgery this afternoon in Melb to fix his broken collarbone, hopes to only miss a couple of meetings and be back riding for the May Carnival.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 9:48pm
Terang meeting from last Friday transferred to the Bool tomorrow.

Four jumps races with some intriguing runners.

R1 sees quality stayer & two-time Melb Cup contestant in Grand Promenade making his hurdle debut.  Don’t want $1.50 about him, but will be an interesting watch.  Former Sandown Classic winner Southern France also debuting over the hurdles (refer seperate thread).

R2 we’ve got Extra Elusive having his first hurdle start, this import won a few G3 races in the UK back in 2020 (in one of which he beat Zaaki!).

R3 is the open hurdle, with a mediocre bunch.  The only quality horse is Count Zero who was runner up in the GN Hdl last year but is lumbered with 75kgs tomorrow.

R5 is the steeplechase, Budd Fox has shown promise a few seasons back but leaning to The Rattlin Bog on an each way basis.  He had a decent debut season over hurdles last year & seems a likely type to succeed at steeplechasing.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 12:41pm
Looks like Grand Promenade is about to meet his maker due to one of the worst pieces of jump riding I've seen Cry About 600m or so to go, he's into him like a man possessed  with the horse clearly resenting it & of course, lacking balance & concentration, down he comes Angry
I know he'll learn from the error but at what cost Ouch
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 1:16pm
That was disgusting. That rider should have his license cancelled.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 2:03pm
Terrible news, the jumps have now been abandoned. Decision to be made re the flat.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 3:01pm
Club needs a good foot up the arse.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 3:20pm
Doubtless more to come but apparently was transferred from Terang, shortage of water/rain & a resultant Good 3 surface.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 3:53pm
yep, was shifted from Terang last week. Flat meeting was scheduled here today. 

they swapped some of todays flat card with the flat races from terang and ran it at horsham

we just need some rain, that'll be nice!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 4:00pm
We've got one in race 8. Probably be a hard 2 by then.

He was scratchy for 4 days after his last start on a Good 3 at Terang and a repeat performance looms today.  And if so you wonder if he's going to really put in at subsequent starts if he associates racing with pain.

Ok it's dry down there, but surely the club had more than enough water storage to properly irrigate the track.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 4:54pm
There's a lot going wrong in Vic. racing lately but one would've thought better to err on the side of caution, a few scratchings isn't the end of the world but careers could be ended on these sort of surfaces when not accustomed to them.
Probably hard to scratch syndicated horses but surely that's the trainers' call for the benefit of all Confused
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:02pm
I’m thankful I didn’t see the race today but from what I’ve read here and elsewhere, this is why jumps racing has a bad name Cry

RIP Grand Promenade. A brave horse who deserved so much better from those responsible for him Broken Heart
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 28 minutes ago at 10:58pm
Sone interesting horses at the Warrnambool hurdle trials tomorrow.

FERAGO - 3rd placegetter in the G2 Herbert Power last spring.  In a good jumping stable but thought he might have a flat campaign aimed at the Andrew Ramsden Stks rather than go hurdling.

BALNARRING BEACH - 4yo by Sea the Stars owned by Lloyd Williams, with only 1 start under his belt back in Ireland for Joseph O’Brien. Now with Shane Jackson.

DIAMONDIFEROUS - unraced 3yo filly by Ghibellines with Ciaron Maher.  You see the occasional 3yo gelding go jumping but can’t say I’ve ever seen a 3yo filly do it.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 28 minutes ago at 11:58pm
I'll be wandering around the corner to have a look. 
Once the schooling is also complete I think they'll have about 100 horses going through the track.
Should be big fields for the Carnival.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213