Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Realm Of Flowers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 5:39pm
Nice enough campaign mapped out for her although I would much prefer she kicked off over 2000m.

4th Sep 1600m Feehan Stakes
26th Sep 1800m Underwood Stakes
9th Oct 2400m Herbert Power
2nd Nov 3200m Melbourne Cup.

reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 1:04am
Hi Djebel,

Has that campaign been confirmed, or is that a rough guide at this stage

Jamal.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:34pm
Realm Of Flowers - her handicap rating is 102 so I assume she will he allocated 51kg for the Melbourne Cup as a guess?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Nice enough campaign mapped out for her although I would much prefer she kicked off over 2000m.

4th Sep 1600m Feehan Stakes
26th Sep 1800m Underwood Stakes
9th Oct 2400m Herbert Power
2nd Nov 3200m Melbourne Cup.

With a guaranteed run in the Cup the above was their initial plan.  

Instead, so far, it has been.

4th September 1600m Feehan Stakes.
18th September 2000m Naturalism
2nd October 2500m The Bart Cummings

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 4:53pm
So four runs into the cup instead of three.  There's probably half a chance there's a reason for that.  Wink
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 5:08pm
What do you think that 4th run might be ?

The Moonee Valley Cup ?

Pretty sure they wanted to go into the Cup with a 3 to 4 week break.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 5:16pm
Or maybe the Geelong Cup three days earlier, meaning breaks between races of 18 and 13 days respectively.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:40am
Why do trainers who have stayers up and running and in form give them a 16 week spell and think they can get them fit with a two month racing prep?

I know she had a similar prep last year but she was coming off a more traditional autumn prep and she was going awful until that run behind Carif.

To my eye it seems they are setting up for one run only this prep. She has stepped up to the big boys this prep and she has been found wanting. 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 2:08pm
I cannot see the 16 weeks you have mentioned Voyager , I see 7 max. May 15 th was her last run , then trialled on the 9th August ,you don't pull a horse out of the paddock and throw a saddle on her , she would need some ground work , I see nothing but ground work towards the race in question and their on the right path , whether she has the ability is the question , certainly not her prep. imo.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 11:06am
Gone to the paddock. Out of the Cup
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 11:32am

The spring carnival is over for Melbourne Cup contender Realm Of Flowers.

The talented mare, who was a $13 chance with Sportsbet for the Melbourne Cup, will head to the paddock for a spell.

Trainers Anthony and Sam Freedman advised stewards of their decision on Friday morning.

"Unfortunately, Realm Of Flowers is out of this years Melbourne Cup due to illness and she requires a spell," the stable said. 

"She will have a break now and we look forward to having her back in the autumn."

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 12:15pm
This time last year, she’s one of the leading Melb Cup contenders but was ruled out early in the Spring.

Going around today in the City Tatts Cup at Randwick today.  She’s pretty effective on wet tracks in the past, so with the deteriorating conditions in Sydney she can get back into the placings.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 9:16pm
Never a winning hope but plugged away on the Heavy 9 for 3rd placing.  If nothing else, it’s another black type notation in her pedigree.  

And at least she partially offset my losing bet on the disappointing Chalk Steam Ouch

Defo worth pressing ahead to Metrop Hcp &/or ATC St Leger, as from memory she doesn’t usually peak until 5th or 6th up in a prep.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 9:29pm
I imagine she goes straight to the Metrop.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 8:06pm
A lot fancied her in the Cup today but I thought she was way unders in the market as a 9/1 second favourite.

Acquitted herself well again to finish 5th, after looking a place chance for a fleeting moment.  

But no match for fellow 50kg 6yo mare High Emocean.  I can’t believe how powerfully High Emocean finished off the 3200m!   I backed her in the Bagot Hcp in Jan and she looked like she struggled with the 2800m - the genius of Maher/Eustace!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 8:12pm
This from another thread LH, fwiw:

Jamal wrote:

Thoughts on the Thornton ride on Realm Of Flowers? May have got a tad too far back

Thought that might have been the case Jamal.  Went hard at the 900m to present on the turn in about 6th place but while giving her all in the straight never looked likely to figure in the placings.  By comparison High Emocean gave her about four lengths at the 350m mark and beat her home by 2 3/4 lengths.

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:45pm
Yeah not the best ride by Thornton.  Spent a bit of petrol around the home turn as he was so far back. He said this when interviewed after the Cup:

Realm Of Flowers (Damien Thornton), 5th (6L): "She ran well, we were a little bit further back than I would have hoped but she didn't have the speed. She travelled OK once we got a third into the race and she just kept coming."
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 5:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234