Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Greens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 10:42pm
Those drop kick protesters are only attention seeking fools, who are putting more people offside with the protests. If they engaged in genuine debate they would gain more sympathy for their cause. I doubt any of them would die for their convictions.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 10:06am
Does the heart count for more than what is in your back pocket?
Money managers in some of Australia's largest super funds are finding many members are moving their funds away from ESG (environmental, social and governance) investments because of their underperformance. This means that even the most environmentally conscious are not willing to stay green if it means putting up with substandard financial returns.
As it has been said "money speaks all languages ".
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Two serial climate protesters who blocked the West Gate Bridge — delaying 16 emergency responses — have been handed extra jail time after a bid to have their sentences slashed backfired.

Extinction Rebellion drop kicks Deanna “Violet “ Coco and her partner Bradley Homewood were jailed for three weeks after they used a truck to block three city-bound lanes of the bridge during morning peak hour on March 5.

The pair at the County Court on Tuesday argued they should be released on community sentences, but Judge David Sexton instead ordered they serve two months behind bars.

Among those affected was Tarneit mother Roshni Lad who was was forced to give birth on the roadside on the Western Ring Road after she and her husband were unable to reach the hospital.

Character references from state Greens MP Gabrielle de Vietri and former federal Greens leader Bob Brown were submitted on the pair’s behalf.Thumbs Down

As a letter to the editor in today’s paper queried,   what job does Deanna “ Violet “ Coco have, she has such flexible working hours and an understanding employer who allows her time to travel interstate to attend protest meetings. Any chance she is on the dole?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 2:03pm
I always think if people like her , that cause major disruptions to working people, and 000 vehicles, are on any Govnt handouts, they should be fined or have the payments suspended until the fines are paid.
Half these protestors are on Govnt handouts, and I know this because at one stage of my working life I dealt with them, and I saw the concession/pension cards they always produced.  If they had to get out of bed and go to work they wouldnt have time to jaunt all over the place causing disruptions at cost to the tax payers.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455