Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Carif

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 4:15pm
Afros, are you going to miss Carif?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 4:54pm
This horse got a fair bit of oxygen when alls considered formwise , a winner of a maiden , a C1 , and eventually a Sandown Cup 3200, so after that win , zip! ...but enough runs of promise to give connections ( and punters hope Confused ) he may well have been gutted after Sandown , went in the wind ? or , raced with a virus , there is a similarity here with a horse of far superior form , who never lived up to the run that could have " made him ", I refer to Maluckyday , never came up again after his MC 2nd , gutted ? virus ? , all part of racing's idiosyncratics , surely , yes/no ? 😩
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

We will never know if he would of had a better career if he was at another stable.

That applies to every horse that ever raced, even Black Caviar & Winx e.g cudda, wudda, shudda won more LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
QuizAbout View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuizAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Suspect, given his breeding, that they will have some regrets about the decision to geld.  He could surely have found a home somewhere at stud.
At some small stud, where hed be lucky to get 20 mares a year.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 6:32am
Well he'd still be paying his way moreso than as a gelding, so it would still have been a smarter economic decision.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Afros, are you going to miss Carif?

What a strange question.  But no, not any more than any of the hundreds of athletes, equine and human, that I've enjoyed watching over my lifetime so far.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 2:18pm
Interesting looking back through a horses career shortly after they retire. In Carif's case - ran in the 2019 Group 1 QLD Derby and ran 5th.....four lengths away from the winner Mr Quickie. The horse who finished 2nd in that QLD Derby was......Vow And Declare.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 8:41pm
Kolding also won the Queensland Guineas that day and that Derby was the last race ride of Corey Brown, I was at Eagle Farm that day, saw the fall Corey was involved in, it looked aweful live.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567