Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Front Runners versus Swoopers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front Runners versus Swoopers
    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:54am
is Big Al still in the village?

Big Al, or anyone, do you know the strike rates/ratios/averages/blah blah, etc, of Front Runners versus Swoopers?
Im just discussing tactics with a trainer, as I reckon a horse they have should be a leader.
Ive made a strong case for them, and they are considering the tactical change.
But curious to know front runner v swooper stats
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

is Big Al still in the village?

Big Al, or anyone, do you know the strike rates/ratios/averages/blah blah, etc, of Front Runners versus Swoopers?
Im just discussing tactics with a trainer, as I reckon a horse they have should be a leader.
Ive made a strong case for them, and they are considering the tactical change.
But curious to know front runner v swooper stats

yes still here.....but don't visit very often.......
I can do the strike rates etc.....BUT I need to know what you believe is a leader as opposed to a swooper....
is a leader a horse that led midrace last start?? is it a horse that was in the 1st 3 mid race last start??. is it a horse that led in all 3 of it's last 3 starts????? is it a horse that led 400 mtrs after the start of the race???...so on and so forth.....
we are heading out to do dinner tonight ......but if you have the parameters I could run it tomorrow for you......
do you want to restrict the leaders and the swoopers into different race distances???

allan
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:58pm
thinking out loud.....
do a search as this has been discussed here before.
allan
 Post Reply Post Reply