Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

DUBAI 2019/20/21/22/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:23pm
Is there only one Aussie running tonight - The Astrologist in R4 ?
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 11:44pm
Ryan Moore on 12/1 shot Broome wins the Dubai gold cup, what a ride. 
Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:03am
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Is there only one Aussie running tonight - The Astrologist in R4 ?

He is in about the 4th group of sprinters in Australia.

Should be good enough to win this.
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:03am
Broome wins the Group 2 Dubai Gold Cup. Track record for the 3200m too - 3:16.83. Ryan Moore rode Broome to perfection
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:27am
A little past the post.

The Astrologist nearside beaten a lip.

reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:30am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

A little past the post.

The Astrologist nearside beaten a lip.

Nup sorry, didn't do enough before the post. That's all that really matters....isn't it. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:30am
Ryan Moore again, Golden Shaheen winner, what a rider.
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:34am
Moore is on Jun Light bolt in the big one can he win it, Doyle on Algiers is some chance though.
Panspermia.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:40am
Good rider that Ryan Moore. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:02am
Might be time for Guyon to ride a winner.
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:17am
Lord North again, deary me he is one tuff horse. 
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 3:04am
Equinox = freak.
Panspermia.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 5:02am
Wow

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:46am
I'm disgusted in some of the behaviour on this thread (which is now removed).
Jamal & Djebel have both earned a short spell.
vsp.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:00am

Astro's fighting second in Dubai

Tough Australian sprinter The Astrologist will head to Royal Ascot after a gallant second in the Al Quoz sprint overnight.

The Leon and Troy Corstens-trained galloper was beaten by a head in the Group 1 in Dubai, looking the winner just before and just after the winning post.

Royal Ascot's Nick Smith made a beeline to managing owner Nathan Bennett after the race, officially inviting him to race at one of the world's most famous carnivals.

The Astrologist is unlikely to return home from Dubai and will instead head straight to England where he is likely to be housed with Marco Botti.

Botti has an association with Bennett after the pair combined with Ardakan, who ran fourth earlier in the evening in the Dubai Gold Cup.

The Astrologist, however, did Australia proud, with Danyah proving just too hard to hold out in the shadows of the winning post.

“He's such a superstar this horse. He's so tough, so honest,” Bennett said post-race fighting back tears. “Everything you want in a horse is that.

“At the 100m I saw him lift and I actually thought we had it on the line.

“We nearly pulled it off. We've flown the Aussie flag pretty well. I couldn't be prouder of our team, couldn't be prouder of the horse, couldn't be prouder of Leon and Troy Corstens and their team.

The Astrologist could run twice during the Royal Ascot carnival, with both the King's Stand and the Platinum Jubilee Stakes on the agenda.

The Astrologist has proven he can handle a lot of racing, running three times in a week during the 2022 spring carnival.

“We will talk to Troy, Stuart Boman will help us out,” Bennett said of Royal Ascot.

“But he's definitely going there.

Bennett said Saturday's performance was his proudest moment in racing.

“Without taking a trophy home, that's as good as it gets,” he said.

“He won't be flying back to Australia now.”

Assistant trainer Dom Sutton said: “We're super proud of the horse. He's such a tough and honest horse and we always knew, if we got him here in as good an order as we could, he was going to be right in the finish.

“He gave his all. Obviously, it's a little bit gut-wrenching to go down by such a small margin but overall, we couldn't be more proud of him. He's such a marvel, running two weeks ago in the Newmarket Handicap, coming through a 14-hour flight and performing like that.

“We are looking forward to getting that G1 with him in the near future.”

Edited by Gay3 - 26 Mar 2023 at 11:01am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:04am

Equinox stuns on the world stage

On a night where Japanese gallopers came to the fore, it was Equinox who shone brightest with his dazzling win in the Group One Dubai Sheema Classic.

The four-year-old entire led all the way in the 2410m contest to win by three-and-a-half lengths, with Melbourne Cup-winning jockey Christophe Lemaire hardly testing his mount in the home straight.

Equinox, who won the G1 Tenno Sho (Autumn) and G1 Arima Kinen in his homeland last year, is now the favourite at $7 with Sportsbet for this year’s G1 Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in October, a race that no Japanese galloper has won before.

Equinox’s compatriot Win Marilyn finished sixth with top Australian jockey Damian Lane in the saddle.

WATCH: Equinox blitzes his rivals in Dubai

🇯🇵 Equinox is out of this world in the Longines Dubai Sheema Classic for @christo68914587 & Tetsuya Kimura

🏆 G1 Longines Dubai Sheema Classic
🏆 G1 Tenno Sho
🏆 G1 Arima Kinen
⭐️ Japan's latest superstar#イクイノックス | #競馬 pic.twitter.com/2MxwucWexJ

— Dubai Racing Club (@RacingDubai) March 25, 2023

Equinox’s stellar performance was the second part of a double for Lemaire, who won the G2 UAE Derby earlier on aboard Derma Sotogake, while Japan celebrated a treble after landing the main event, the G1 Dubai World Cup, with Ushba Tesoro.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:05am

Japan takes home World Cup

The Dubai World Cup will head to the land of the rising sun after Ushba Tesoro took home the US$12m (A$18m) feature on Saturday night.

Holding a strong hand in the feature race, the Japanese proved impossible to beat with the six-year-old son of Orfevre scoring by a widening two-and-three-quarter lengths.

Local hope Algiers ran second and Saudi Arabian-trained Emblem Road finished third.

🇯🇵 Japan land the $12 million #DubaiWorldCup

Ushba Tesoro powers home for Yuga Kawada & Noboru Takagi #ウシュバテソーロ | #川田将雅 | #ドバイワールドカップ | #競馬 pic.twitter.com/2MJJ1tUExn

Ushba Tesoro is trained by Noboru Takagi for Ryotokuji Kenji Holdings and was ridden with great poise by Yuga Kawada.

Kawada said: “He jumped quite well but the majority of the other Japanese runners ran towards the middle of the pack. I just tried to focus on maintaining the horse's rhythm and just keep his rhythm from the middle of the pack.

“It was his first time running overseas and there were queries on whether he'd travel, as well as the fact it was his first time on the surface. He was training quite well over here this week, and I knew the horse was in good condition, so it was just a matter of the horse keeping his head in the race and he did that very well today.

“There were eight Japanese horses in the field and aside from myself the only other Japanese jockey on a Japanese horse was Yutaka Yoshida on Panthalassa. I was on the horse for the first time today, but it was a tremendous honour to ride him and there was a lot of pressure as the leading Japanese jockey heading into the race.

“Thanks to the effort of the horse, he fought on very well and I'm very proud of myself as the leading Japanese jockey by winning the leading race in the world today.”

A second winner for Japan in the #DubaiWorldCup

🏆 2023: Ushba Tesoro
🏆 2011: Victoire Pisa

Yuga Kawada addresses the Japanese fans#ウシュバテソーロ | #競馬 | #ドバイワールドカップ | #DWC23 | #川田将雅 pic.twitter.com/RSruXXv9eg

Takagi said: “It's a great feeling. After watching his previous run (when winning the Kawasaki Kinen last month), the Dubai World Cup was certainly on my mind for this horse.

“Everything went as planned. Actually, when he first got here, he was actually quite nervous and a bit toey, but that was expected, and as the days went by, he gradually got used to his environment and ran a great race. This is by far the greatest honour of my career.

“We will go back to Japan as he's a bit vulnerable in hot weather and heat. We'll see how he is over the summer and come up with a plan for him.”

Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:13pm
I notice Equinox traces back along his damline to Malcolmia, the dam of Oncidium.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:27pm
Great effort , and a super time by this horse , 2-25-65sec. for the 2410 distance , at ons stage put his foot down at 66kph , I've always rated the greatest Stayer I ever saw as Tulloch , his time in winning the Caulfield Cup was 2-26-90sec. sustained speed by Equinox was unbelievable . StarStarStar
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 7:38pm
I love to see little Pago Pago is also in the picture though Dancing Brave.  The Golden Slipper blood out there in the world pedigrees.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 11:22pm
Tadhg O'Shea  You could do a lot worse than follow this bloke if having a wager in Meydan in the lead up races to cup night. He rides a lot of winners over there. 

Edited by Gay3 - 25 Nov 2023 at 7:55am
Panspermia.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 4:32pm
We have had a Borat! Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan event at Dubai this weekend....

That's Kazakhi-owner Kabirkhan bolted in the Group 1 Al Maktoum Challenge over 1900 metres, a automatic winner qualifying for the G1 Dubai World Cup later at the meeting at March.

Let's check this Cultural Learning!

So Kazakhi owners headed by Tlek Mukanbetkaliyev went to Keeneland in 2021 and bought Kabirkhan for US$12,000 because of his unfashionable breeding...

hmmm

Kabirkhan - California Chrome (USA) out of Little Emily by Castledale (Ire)

The owners took their horse to Kazakhstan where he was trained by local trainer Yuldashev Turganzhan.
As a 2YO Kabirkhan won 3 three events at the Alma Alta Racecourse - the last one the G1Kaz Festival Stakes by what looked like 25 lengths.

I had to look deep to find the videos for these events but Alma Alta Racecourse gives Birdsville Racetrack in Queensland an A+++ rating.

Nonetheless, this did not discourage the owners in trying to find competition for their horse. They opted to go to ruZZia as this was probably the most ekonomikally feasible choice under the circumstance.
The thing was no ruZZian trainer wanted to take him. So they continued to try and landed one at a non fancy track (as if racetracks in ruZZia are entertaining!) in Pyatygorsk Racecourse which is in southern ruZZia close to Georgian border near the Caucasus Mountains.

Trainer Shavuyev Arslangirey was dumbfounded when his newly horse won 5 straight with three @ 2000m and two at 2400m with the last race at Nal'chik Racecourse a prep for the G1RUS Russian Derby.

So they took this American-bred to Krasnodar for the G1RUS Russian Derby (which used to be held in Moskva but not anymore - I guess the drones might be a problem there these days) and the horse was defeated for the first time to US-bred Hero Me.

Not to be discouraged the owners decided that Kabirkhan has the qualities to try and compete in the Middle East. The horse was shipped in later in October 2023 and was place in Doug Watson's stable in Dubai.

There weren't too many expectation but after training well Kabirkhan was entered in a Handicap on January 12 over 2000m when he stunned the locals (and everyone else) when he bolted in by nearly 5 length defeating Hero Me.

Two weeks later connections entered the horse in the Group 1 Al Maktoum Challenge.

Now this story is a legend beyond Borat as the Kazakhstan nation has a new champion to look up to when he will in the G1 Dubai World Cup.

Kabirkhan winning the Group 1 Al Maktoum Challenge in Kazakhstan colors.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 4:42pm
Shocked  Thumbs Up
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 5:15pm

Kabirkhan additional Pedigree Notes:

There were roughly 200 horses left to sell during the 11th and final session of the 2021 Keeneland September sale when Nadir Khassanov paid $12,000 for the California Chrome colt from the Mulholland Springs consignment.

Kehner Thoroughbreds' Kyle Kehner acquired Kabirkhan's stakes-winning dam for $85,000 in foal to Fort Larned at the 2014 Keeneland November Sale and Kabirkhan is one of three winners from as many to the races for the mare. The dam of a 3-year-old colt by Yoshida (Jpn), Little Emily's 2-year-old colt by Global Campaign has been exported to Kazakhstan, but she failed to produce a foal in 2023 after selling for the upset price of $1,000 to Jacob Sherman at Keeneland January last winter. She had been bred to Omaha Beach on a late cover, but was listed as not pregnant in the catalogue. Little Emily is due to Lookin At Lucky this season.

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 11:39pm
This actually news from Qatar...

G3 HH Amir Trophy was won by Rebel's Romance, the 2022 G1 Breeder's Cup Turf winner by three lengths over the Japanese pair Zeffiro and Zatono Glanz

Complete streamcast of the meeting in link below.

Actual race from about 3:43
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123