Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Verry Elleegant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:06am
Sad news. Gone before getting a chance to show what she could produce. Hope the foal makes it so we can at least see something on that front. 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:49am
Rest in peace Ellie.  
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:52am
OMG.  Both dead.  What an aweful thing.  Why couldnt they have just left her here at home .
So very sad for her.  .
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 12:40pm
Sadly this kind of thing can happen to any horse, anywhere. 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 12:43pm
Horrid news.  We just forget how much can go wrong with a pregnancy.  I lost a friend to childbirth also.  so it's not just the animal world where things can go so wrong.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 12:49pm
Yes. True.  But they had no need to take her over there to prove anything.  She did no good once there, so who knows what that travel and racing took out of her.
She was already a champion , with nothing left to prove when they carted her away .  She did no good there.  And the vid that circulated a few months ago , that I saw of her,,,she looked very dull in the coat and pretty ordinary I thought.
She could have at least come home once she tested positive.
But I am a softie about my animals.  I think if they do a good job for you, you should repay the favour and keep them close where you can be in touch with them. If at all possible.
If my horse won millions for me it would pretty much be living in my spare bedroom. LOLLOL
Not on the other side of the world. Thumbs Down
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 1:08pm
AA everyone have different ideas and no doubt the owners feel awful.  But horses do travel daily.  Some can some don't take it well -  but she's been over there for a long time so really can't blame the travel.  It's not like they bought her back in foal and she died here.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 4:40pm
Exactly Furious. The travel has nothing to do with it. Verry Elleegant was over there for a long time. It's just unfortunate that this has happened.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 4:52pm
Horrid for everyone involved with her.  
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 6:47pm
Exactly Acacia
Cosmic enigma returns home after he finishes racing in hong kong
Part of the sale contract

Edited by Take2 - 19 Feb 2024 at 6:48pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 7:54pm
It’s heartbreaking and tragic to lose any horse in this way Cry

And yes, it’s true that unfortunate things can happen anywhere but I agree with you aa - she never looked blooming with health over there.

Rest in peace, brave girl Heart
kiwi88 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 8:05pm
She was a bit unlucky not to win the big spring 3.. if she didn't miss the start and have such wide run in the 2021 Cox Plate she probably wins. 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 9:02pm
Verry Elleegant's Group 1 wins: Timeform Ratings

127 - Melbourne Cup (2021)
123 - Ranvet Stakes (2021)
120 - Tancred Stakes (2020)
120 - Caulfield Cup (2020)
119 – George Main Stakes (2021)
118 – Chipping Norton Stakes (2021)
118 - Vinery Stud Stakes (2019)
116 – Chipping Norton Stakes (2022) 
116 - ATC Australian Oaks (2019)
115 – Turnbull Stakes (2020)
114 – Winx Stakes (2020)

Average rating: 118.72

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Take2 Take2 wrote:

Exactly Acacia
Cosmic enigma returns home after he finishes racing in hong kong
Part of the sale contract

Good on you, Take2. Clap
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

The sire Zed was standing for $500 only a few years ago,  Little Avondale Stud I believe......that's racing for you. Then again, they were giving Tavistocks away for even less, his fillies nowadays aren't going for much more.....NZ is where to bag a bargain.

Just reading through this thread and saw this.  I remember seeing Zed running in a paddock at Erewhon Station with a band of clydesdale mares.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546