Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Crackneck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crackneck
    Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 9:56pm
Crackneck
3yo br g 23/10/2014 Ad Valorem (USA) - Ceberano (NZ) (Stravinsky (USA))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big bloke, half to the handy Woakwine,  2-2-4 with consecutive wins at Newcastle, racing Sat at Rwick. Part owned by a villager iirc. 

Hope he earns his thread but I've started it to post this story by Adam Pengilly in the SMH:

Kehoe cracks horse which sent him close to death's door

McLarenFactor View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLarenFactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 3:23pm
Crackneck is my horse. Stoked to have the only horse I bred to race at Randwick at his 5th start. We set a goal for this race a couple of months ago. To do what he has done after 18 months of hard work from the trainer and others, being such a difficult horse to get right makes it all the better.
Hopefully he does all the right things tomorrow and puts it all together.
McLarenFactor View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLarenFactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 3:25pm
The day the accident happened, I heard the Westpac helicopter had been at the track, I knew instantly Crackneck was involved.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 5:31pm
Vbol MF. Meant to back him last time but completely forgot. Replay suggests he's still a long way off knowing what racing is about and doing it all on raw ability???

It's a highly competitive race tomorrow with another big country lump (Stone Cold) also going around. Sarah Murray-Leslie's interview today was full of joy. Worth a listen:

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 5:43pm
The draw certainly doesn't help, however the fact that he can sit off them a bit and still figure would appear to be a positive.

The $9 on offer is probably about right.

Post Reply Post Reply