Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Monday Racing Blog April 16 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monday Racing Blog April 16 2018
    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:15am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:16am
Good mornign Gay3 and all. Big smile
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:36pm
Could use a trip to Mornington today ..... want the day off Smile ..... always Monday Wink
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:41pm
I thought Vic got rid of Monday racing
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:57pm
Think only sometimes .... 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:58pm
Every so often I need a reminder why I do not bet on NSW bush meetings. Have watch of the jockey on Hard Romp in the 5th at Grafton. That is a terribly terribly weak effort. 
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

I know it was only for a trial period of ????????????? 6wks I think Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

The tail wags the dog, he who has spoken , the insatiable TAB.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Every so often I need a reminder why I do not bet on NSW bush meetings. Have watch of the jockey on Hard Romp in the 5th at Grafton. That is a terribly terribly weak effort. 

The form guide I used did not indicate the jockey involved was a 3 kilo claimer. I would not have been so harsh had I known so.

The said jockey of course came out and won the next by 6 lengths  LOL
reductio ad absurdum
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

It was for the last few weeks of summer so they could run a twilight meeting on the Wednesday.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:43pm
I couldn't see anything wrong with her ride djebel. The horse was well beaten so that would explain her lack of vigor in the last 100 metres.

As a rule it's hard to be confident backing these 3 and 4 kilo apprentices. I like to stay well clear of them when they're on horses who settle off the speed. Very rarely do they have the tactical nous, strength and timing to figure. Their best bet is on leaders. All they have to do is rate the horse. It's really the only time their claim comes in handy.

Also, it was the previous race where this particular girl won by a big margin
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:49pm
You are correct, It came to my attention afterwards. My mistake ( how bout that LOL )

The ride I whinged about had I known she was a 3 kilo claimer I would not whinge. That of course is my fault, I should know this.

She has quite a good strike rate, be close to 20% from her last 50 rides. 

Ms Leah Kilner
 (a3/53kg)
reductio ad absurdum
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:02pm
Not your fault if the form guide misled you. I've been deceived by errors before (in particularly incorrect gear changes). Pain in the ass!

I love how at the bottom of the page they say something like they don't take any responsibility for their errors and you should not take anything they say as factual.
 Post Reply Post Reply