Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rich Charm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:10pm
Sure is. He will spend his days on her farm as a nanny to her other horses.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 4:28pm
Thats one retiree we know for sure is going to be living a good life Thumbs Up
animals before people.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:45pm
Some unfortunate news

Much-loved trainer Udyta Clarke is fighting for life after she suffered a medical episode at her property on Monday night.

The popular horsewoman was found unresponsive at her Cranbourne stables and was rushed to the emergency department at the Monash Hospital where doctors detected a hypertensive brain bleed.

The 72-year-old remains in a critical condition.

Clarke captured the hearts of racing fans in recent years with her passion and effervescence in interviews after the wins of her beloved horses, including pin-up sprinter Rich Charm, who was retired earlier this month.
Time is a flat circle
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:59pm
Horrible news
Praying she recovers 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 2:08pm
Terribly sad news, here's hoping. Fingers crossed.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 2:11pm
Thats not good at all.   Here,s hoping.  As tough as she is lets hope she can fight on and get well.
animals before people.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 2:15pm
I am not familiar with a hypertensive brain bleed.

There are some things worse than death!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 3:11pm
Oh no, just terrible news. Fingers crossed she can recover.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I am not familiar with a hypertensive brain bleed.

There are some things worse than death!

Basically a stroke caused by undiagnosed hypertension leading to blood vessels in the brain rupturing. Not good.
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 8:57am
Best wishes to Dyta for as speedy and complete recovery as possible. Her horses will be missing her badly. 
longevity does not equate to credibility
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 9:10am
Although I don’t know her personally, I do know she’s a brave, compassionate, inspiring lady and a shining star in the field of horse management and care. Wishing her all the best of wishes and luck for a full recovery. She’s tough, that’s for sure Star
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 12:02pm
From Kate Watts , Racing.com

UPDATE: Udyta Clarke is one of the toughest there is and in true fashion she’s continuing to fight on!

It’s still a very serious situation but there’s been positive signs this morning, she’s been moved out of the emergency ward and has even been opening her eyes ????

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 7:55pm

Udyta Clarke’s trademark strength has been on display in her daily physiotherapy sessions as she recovers from a life-threatening brain bleed.

The popular trainer, who was initially listed in a critical condition after she was found unconscious at her Cranbourne stables in late November, is now in a rehabilitation ward at the Casey Hospital.

Close friend Julie Murray, who has been by Clarke’s side almost every day since the incident, said the 72-year-old’s physical strength and cognitive abilities were constantly improving.  

“She’s up doing physio sessions every morning now and getting stronger by the day,” Murray said.

“She still gets pretty tired but she’s improving all the time.

“Her intelligence and memory is as it was, she’s lost nothing and she can have longer conversations now.

“It’s amazing to think how much she’s improved in six weeks and hopefully if she continues to take the right steps, the doctors will think about a timeline for her heading home.”

Murray has also been liaising with staff that are feeding and caring for Clarke’s horses, all of which have been spelled at her Cranbourne property.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 8:22pm
Fingers crossed for her getting home soon.  Tough old girl she is.  Very best wishes to her.
Thanks for the update Shawy.
animals before people.
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 6:55pm
Dyta's strong will is going to serve her well doing the rehab required after a stroke. Those that give up get nowhere. It'd be great to see her back at the stables with the horses she loves. 

Keep fighting old girl!
longevity does not equate to credibility
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 7:48pm
Anyone have an update on how Dyta is going ?
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 9:18pm
On FB y/day, maybe racing.com page, I saw James Tsfaris has started a  Go Fund Me or similar for her.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 9:26pm
This space has been intentionally left blank
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 9:08pm

Well liked trainer Udyta Clarke has returned home after four months recovering in Hospital following a life-threatening brain bleed.

Udyta Clarke (73-years-old) has been able to head home after four-months in hospital and rehab facilities recovering from a brain bleed.

“I’m feeling much better and working like a rocket,” she told Racing.com.

“I just need to keep building up my strength.

“I can’t thank everyone enough for their amazing support for me during this time.

“I’ve been overwhelmed by the generosity from so many people.”

Clarke hasn’t ruled out a return to race horse training but at the moment she is focusing on building her strength and is simply enjoying being a horse owner.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 9:57pm
Thats good news.  Thanks Shawy.  Hope she gets going well enough to get out and about again.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 9:58pm
PS.  Whats happened to Rich Charm  ???
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 9:59pm
Sorry, just saw your post about him.  Embarrassed
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:16pm
Udyta is back at the track!
She went to the Cranbourne trials yesterday to watch her horse Megamea trial.
She has two horses in work with Luke Oliver but has renewed her training license and hopes to have them back under her care at some stage.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:39pm
Thanks Shawy.  Great news.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 9:02am

A year after nearly dying from a serious brain-bleed, Udyta Clarke, is on the verge of making her return to the races.

The popular horsewoman is hopeful of heading to Flemington on Saturday December 11, to see her gutsy mare La Marita race second up at Headquarters.

It will be the first time the 74-year-old has attended a raceday meeting since suffering the life-threatening medical incident last November.

Clarke had previously trained the daughter of Polanski and remains in her ownership group with La Marita now under the care of trainer Andrew Payne.

The six-year-old mare recorded a tough first up victory at Sunday’s Jericho Cup meeting at Warrnambool and has come through the run in good order according to Payne.

Continuing her recovery Clarke has lived with long-time friend Julie Murray since being discharged from hospital in March and while she has attended local jumpouts at Cranbourne she says she’s thrilled by the prospect of being on course to watch her ‘her girl race’.

“I’m feeling better every day and it was so exciting to see her win on Sunday. But we watched it on the TV and it will be even more exciting to be there.” Clarke said.

“She’s so special and Andrew is doing a great job training her. She runs so well fresh so it will be tough for her second up but she’s racing really well and can hopefully go on with it.”

Clarke has renewed her training licence for this season but says she’s still recovering and doesn’t have a return date locked in.

“Like so many people it’s been a hard year but I am feeling better and getting my strength back more and more so hopefully one day I’d love to be back working with the horses.

“For now though along with Julie’s help I’m just excited to get back to the races as an owner and see this girl race, I get just as nervous as an owner as I do as a trainer.

“I also can’t wait to see everyone back on track, so many people that you’d see all the time I haven’t seen in a year but I can’t thank everyone enough for all their support and kind words since I was in hospital.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:24am
Excellent news . 
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123