Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Let's get healthy!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 8:30am
Brisket bones are far safer & healthier for dogs of all sizes as they can eat the lot. Vets now advise against 'weight bearing' bones due to the sharp sawn edges & chance of splintering (big dogs) which I've had 1st hand, costly experience of Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Yes Most Doctors have not studied or delved into diet alternatives as they are taught the old fashioned food pyramid so understand he would be horrified!

I used to follow fit for life but find this much better, not getting hungry at all, still try to practice good food combining all the same.

You can have a look on a site called absoulutely wholesale (yes that's the spelling!)
They sell the powdered bone broths by the kilo bag. It works out a good price, the down side is you have to spend about $350.00 in a transaction as they are a wholesaler, you can get it sent out with fastway which is pretty cheap for the northern rivers.
We make our own bread, so buy bulk products from them often, even whole linseed for the horses to grind fresh. They have a good range of organic products.

Thanks GAJ. I just make my own. A kilo of marrow bones from Coles for 7 cook for 2 hours in the slow cooker.

I am on meat and butter diet(80% fat 20% protein 0%carbs) at the moment for a month as a ''detox'' Just eat 800g of meat and 100g of butter a day with bone broth the only cheat. Another week to go of this and revert to Keto(10% carbs and about 65% fat) adding in eggs avocado bacon and some green vegetables.

That FDA food pyramid was recently redone, virtually turning it upside down. Really

I tried the cooking of bones once but the smell put me off, My partner went heavily into the carnivore diet, lots of offal too, he started it without reading the book and went in too fast and became sick, so backed off, back to what you would call Keto and all is well.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 10:48am
Yes people call it Ketovore, a sub category of carnivore. Allows you to go back and forth without undoing what you have achieved.

I have a little offal when on carnivore but not raw. I finely chop some liver and mix it through burger mix. 

The original pyramid had fats sugars oil and salt at the pointy top with rice grains bread etc the bottom biggest layer.

Bread rice pasta sugary stuff now at the pointy end with ''healthy fats'' now in the biggest category,
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 3:36pm
Well that is refreshing! (the Food Pyramid)
 I don't mind a bit of offal but cooked for sure, chicken livers or lambs fry, when it all boils down you can find the right diet to suit your own body, I think that is why we see all the different cultures in the world living well on what they have at their disposal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031