Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How to post You-Tube videos on TBV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to post You-Tube videos on TBV
    Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 11:01am
for you guys who don't know how to insert a youtube video here..

simply take the URL from the video, under each video there is a share link, click that open and copy the url, next come here and type in [-T-U-B-E] & [-/-T-U-B-E-] .. those red bits I have placed there on purpose so this is able to be seen by you guys, if I didn't you wouldn't see anything when I post.

so type this without the red bits, and no spaces between each letter and paste your url in between the two [-T-U-B-E] & [-/-T-U-B-E-] then hit submit.

Smile

sticky mods..??

Great minds............ I'd already done so before noticing your request, thanks Thumbs Up

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Dec 2014 at 11:03am
Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:15pm
If the above fails...from saintly:

Instead of putting up      https://youtu.be/Xl0rUPlqYVk

You take away all the prefixes up to the first letter, in this case 'x'

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:36pm

here is an image I took of how to do it...hopefully this explains it once and for all, you remove the blue part from the link address and then hit submit post and your video should show up on the forum..

Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:11pm
Thanks, 'till the next time they change it LOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:31pm
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:54pm
Ill give it a try Fiddler ;

Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:57pm
remember when you are on you tube, use the share link that is directly underneath each video on you-tube to get your link from, do not take it from the url header at the top of the page..
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:00pm
here is another image, clcik openb the share tag to reveal the link info for your video..

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:02pm
when you click open the share tag it will present you with a blue highlighted link to copy..

Panspermia.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:05pm
Fiddler...no luck me...can u try http://youtu.be/6D SFNgVeiU
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:06pm
you're doing something wrong one one...??

simply type [TUBE] place your link info here and remove the parts I explained...

make sure you're using capitals for the youtube wraps
Panspermia.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:09pm
Here's my favourite starring JBE as Sammy Scaff!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Fiddler...no luck me...can u try http://youtu.be/6D SFNgVeiU

6D SFNgVeiU

okay so I've removed the part I explained before in blue...

now put a [TUBE] in front of it

[TUBE]6D SFNgVeiU

and another at the end of it...make sure you put the / inside the second TUBE before the T...

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:13pm
Simply past your edited link info in between those two tubes I've made for you..

Panspermia.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:13pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:17pm
Thanks Fiddler...got it...there was on underscore between D & S I was missing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:25pm
hey that's a funny video I saw someone use it the other day on another forum, it's one of those you can put your own words to it, hilarious stuff..
Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 1:32pm
More advice needed please Wink

How to embed racing.com videos? E.g. www. racing.com/videos/2015-08-09/grand-national-extended-vision--ruby-walsh--9815
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 2:07pm
cannot be done that I know of...the forum template is only set up for you tube videos or flash videos, I've never tried to post a flash video, it says in the pop out box here it's possible though, click open that little film icon above and it asks you..

Thanks Fiddles, I did try the flash one but no go. Not a drama but would've be handy, maybe one day Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Aug 2015 at 2:21pm
Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 10:19pm

Please click Preview prior to posting Smile

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Sep 2023 at 12:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply