Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Glass Harmonium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 5:52pm
When I saw the owner connection (family of Peter Armytage, VRC Chairman in the late 80’s early 90’s,who race is named after)I had a sneaky couple of dollars e/w.
Knew she would be there to run well.

Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:15pm
Vobis Gold sale Apr 28 has a beautifully matched filly by him, albeit as fat as a fool, to my eye.

In the video she has no over step whilst the guy's meandering along but on the last 'lap', does have once the guy picks up pace.
She'll certainly be one of the cheaper lots, imo, in case anyone's looking Smile
Click to enlarge then Zoom

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:35pm
She looks okay to me, plenty of scope there.
I’d say around $20-30k
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Gee this non commercial guy is going well off a bargain basement fee & similarly non descript (generally) mares.

Dead heated at Flem. today over 1700m at $61 & headed to Adelaide next.

Click image to enlarge then click Zoom

I think he’s quite a promising hirse
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 3:12am
What hirse is that, thats promising ??   Confused
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:01am
Nordic Symphony
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:45am

Vobis Gold sale Apr 28 has a beautifully matched filly by him, albeit as fat as a fool, to my eye.

Looks like they have tried to get her to grow prior to sale and have not backed off the food in time.

Flying Spur broodmare Sire a bonus. 12k

niki View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:33pm
Smile

In the video she has no over step whilst the guy's meandering along but on the last 'lap', does have once the guy picks up pace.
She'll certainly be one of the cheaper lots, imo, in case anyone's looking Smile
Click to enlarge then Zoom

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:47pm
The madness of thoroughbred sales.

From a Sire that probably won't make it into the big time.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

The madness of thoroughbred sales.

From a Sire that probably won't make it into the big time.

Who definitely won't make it to the big time but one who's kicking goals from ultra limited opportunities Smile These low fee based stallions have everything against them starting with poor grade & badly matched mares, rearing facilities leaving much to be desired & trainers in a similar category.
In the case of GH I think he's a value stallion who's pedigree suits a wide range of Oz mares & therefore can be cleverly mated in the expectation of a better than average outcome.
That grey 3yo of Phillip Stokes is by an unheard of stallion & many threw their hands up in amazement but that pedigree is sensational Smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:38pm
They paid overs by a mile.

Nothing to do with the cost of the stallion.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:56pm
Time will tell in the case of the purchaser but she has a better than average trainer in Wendy Kelly & her breeder (Blue Gum) will be one of very few vendors to have made an overall profit.
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
There maybe many reasons for under utilisation, one could be customer service, I rang and rang last year to inquire about booking my mare a 20/20 GMine Match / Werk A(+215%) and a nick I personally wanted to use, but nobody at Bluegum could be bothered to call me back. So after 4 message bank messages, I emailed and got a give us a call generic email back. In a past life I had a little bit to do with Phillip and he seemed like a cracking, caring human, but so be it, if a cash paying mare owner, who is not trying to screw down the price can not get them interested, you may not have to look to far to find why he is under used, much is the pity.

Hope your Horses are well
Baz

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:54pm

Glass Harmonium's Glass Warrior Captures the Launceston Cup

Mark Smith - Wednesday February 24

In a spine-tingling finish to Wednesday's $250,000 Group III with three horses locked together at the finish, the judge found a margin for the $17 chance Glass Warrior.
At the expense of 'our' own Sh'bourne Renegade (Lionel) Cry

Under a perfectly timed ride by Sigrid Carr, the John Blacker-trained daughter of Glass Harmonium claimed Sh'bourne Renegade (Wordsmith) in the final stride to win by a nose with the same margin back to White Hawk (Tough Speed).

It was an all-local finish as the challenge of the interstate raiders fizzed out.  

It was the second stakes win for Glass Warrior after the Listed Launceston Guineas back in January 2019. It advances her record to four wins, six seconds and four thirds from 26 starts with earnings of 350,580.

Bred by part-owner Mandy Gunn, Glass Warrior is out of the unraced Golden Snake (USA) mare Hissy Missy who Gunn purchased for just $1,000 at the 2013 August Thoroughbred Sale.

Glass Warrior is the best of three winners from four to race out of Hissy Missy, who is a daughter of the talented racemare Viennetta (Ark Regal).

Hissy Missy has  a filly foal by Frosted (USA) and was covered by Fiorente last spring.

The 5yo grey mare, Glass Warrior, comes from the second crop of 26 live foals by the Group 1 Mackinnon Stakes winner

The handsome grey son of Verglas had just six live foals in his first crop and covered just one mare at Blue Gum Farm last spring.

Recent results indicate he deserves better. His 4yo son, Aurora's Symphony, made it three wins in a row, over 2,400 metres at Sandown on Wednesday, and recent winners by Glass Harmonium (IRE) include the Randwick winner Harmony Rose, as well as Blue Grass and Anrushka.

Edited by Gay3 - 24 Feb 2021 at 8:56pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:57am
Since we got beaten fair and square, I am pleased it was a Tassie horse, and not some second rate mainlander taken over there by the big name trainers to try and enhance its value. Wink
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 11:18am
Watching live I thought White Hawk held on. May have been looking at my wallet at the time but it was a ripper of a finish
ribot90 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ribot90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 1:58am
Does anyone know Glass Harmonium height ... it was a shame he didnt get a real chance as stallion he has great pedigree - I'm a huge fan of Ballymacoll and have followed well over 40 years and have tried to buy the odd mare but they go for big money
all horses can win
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 5:34am
according to the STALLIONS book 16.1 and a half
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
ribot90 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ribot90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 6:41am
many thanks for the quick reply...Paul aka Ribot
all horses can win
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

$47,000. They paid overs by a mile.

Nothing to do with the cost of the stallion.

Looks like the filly in question purchased for $47,000 turned out to be Cakewalk Baby.  Who after only 11 starts has already banked $166,030 in prizemoney.
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:52pm
Grannie Gail got the job done today. I’ve read G H has fertility issues. He would suit my old mare otherwise. 
ribot90 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ribot90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:45am
shame we don't have him in UK - the grey sovereign line is still alive in France. He was a typical Ballymacoll bred better with age. Most Grey S like cut in the ground. I would use.
all horses can win
niki View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 11:51pm
GH has been retired - fertility issues.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 3:22pm
And a distinct lack of libido
niki View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

And a distinct lack of libido

yes, specifically Smile
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 5:15pm
And despite his lack of numbers has had some really good results lately, including Aurora's Symphony's win in the Gp3 Launceston Cup and today's Listed Albury Cup winner Harmony Rose.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 7:09pm
He certainly has, generally with what look like great matings on paper & the 'better' trainers, tho' Mike's had & has a few but seems to let the side down thus far. Granma Gail ex jamie Edwards & a barrier rogue for him, is very consistent in Adelaide too.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 8:56pm
attitude a big issue with the produce I have repeatedly heard
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 9:06pm
He’s got a real feisty couple of mares in SA, one is called Crown Harmonium, been banned 6 or 7 times now for barrier issues.  She’s won 5 races though so on her day she can do it. 

The other one Miss Harmonium has 10 embargoes to her name for barrier issues Wink she’s got 4 wins including a Morphettville win
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 12:54pm
He has had 2 Lonny Cup winners. Not a bad effort for a stallion with his issues !!!
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12