Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

allandale park thoroughbreds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: allandale park thoroughbreds
    Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 9:08pm
i have just recieved home ,  bianconi Filly and the Masterpiece colt , i stood there for half hr just looking at them in amazment, they are both great types of foals,especially the masterpiece, they have good bone and in fantastic condition , of which is only obtainable by good management,
There temperment is fantastic ,and have obviously have been handled very carefully , they are the best allround foals i have ever recieved home and we are up to 20 or so now ,from the biggest studs in the business,

well done  allansdale 
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 11:16pm
Allandale is one of those studs that's struggled with the competition from the big players. They deserve support, and their reputation is excellent.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 6:50pm
very good horse people who put their horse care above all else.
shame the big studs shove the smaller ones onto the back burner.
John Todd and crew are just brilliant with their care and handling.
got any piccies, maxa ??
animals before people.
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:38pm
wil take a few  by camera phone wont work
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:29pm
looking forward to seeing your horsies,  maxa.
animals before people.
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:53pm
Max pics would be good!!!

Well done you must be rapt and deserve some luck as you have had your fair share of trouble  
TAUTO/WINFREUX
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:02pm
Just a pity they don't have some stallions to work with rather than the 3rd and 4th graders they currently have there.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:07am
tauto legs all fixed now getting stronger every day , still on ratsak though ,

runfer yeh i agree , but they have to start somewhere , even though allansdale have been into the  bus for a while, and as you would agree any of the major stallion owners can be  very demanding , and not being in the breeding hub s/area  makes it more  difficult ,    i had never heard of them myself  until i went there in support of a horse our friends own , annenkov ,   and obviously , of which i believe has a bit of merit ,IMO   but only time will tell  , but what i can tell you is that he did get some good mares this year , and  
 they know how to raise horses ,     and at a bloody good price i may add ,   which a few of the more commercial operation would like to take a little notice of !!!!!!!!!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:30pm
Can anyone update on what this stud is like to deal with?

Much appreciated
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:08pm
Allandale was never a real player Shrunk.  And were pretty ordinary at their past best because I've been there and quickly formed an opinion.  So Princes Farm, Allandale what's next?

Ok agistment is a significant expense if you don't own property, however there's cheap, mid-range and expensive care.  And the key is the opportunity to identify properties that give real value for money, which nearly always means getting off one's asset and having a good, personal look.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 10:26pm
It guess my asking is based on my thoughts that Furnaces & Roam Emperor are my favoured choice so far.
Ive had horses at Widden so I'll be comfortable going to Outreach and Stratum Star
Ditto Sooboog at Kitchwin Hills, they do a great job and are good blokes to boot
Slipper View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 6:20pm
I have used the services of Allandale and had no issues at all. Claire was lovely to deal with, they were very accommodating and my mare arrived home in great order. My experience was a positive one.
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 6:42pm
It's been a while since I've had dealings with Allandale / Claire - they stood a horse I had a share in AND looked after mares I sent to him.   

The upshot being, I agree with you 100% Slipper

suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply